ADVERTISEMENT

Jon Rothstein Tweet - Fantastic

Rice brought in Mack and Jack, anyone else was a disappointment,..seagears?

Fred hill had Rosario and Echenique...

We gotta do better than that, have the utmost confidence Pikiell will get it done. And develop less recruited players

Reactions: RUMountie
I'll be honest and say that I was disappointed when word leaked out about Pikiell being hired. His initial press conference got me on board. This season made me a believer that he's a winner and will get it done.

We gotta do better than that, have the utmost confidence Pikiell will get it done. And develop less recruited players
If Pikiell had Chandler, Rosario and Exhenique he would win a lot of games.

Rosario went on to play at Florida and did pretty well there. Echenique - if memory serves me went to Creighton and did well there. If we can recruit to that level in the next year or 2 I would be happy. Both those players were high level recruits.

When I watched the America East championship game last year, I said that Pikiell was the guy I wanted. He just seemed to have "it". Good guy, energetic, classy, clearly knew how to coach up his kids.

What i didn't realize at the time is how well he could get guys to play defense. Our on ball defense, rotations, and close outs have been SUPERB.

We are darn lucky to have him and this entire staff.

Also, I'm sure Pike could have gotten a lot more out of the wildly-talented but very mercurial Dane Miller

having a brain fart right now but Rice's late signee guard who broke his ankle and also transferred to UF also pretty good. Sanders-like ..

having a brain fart right now but Rice's late signee guard who broke his ankle and also transferred to UF also pretty good. Sanders-like ..

Eli Carter.

I too wasn't a big fan of the hire of Coach P at first, but was converted very quickly.

Eli Carter. That class was great.

Just looked at that class. I vaguely remember the name Mike Taylor. Guard from NY.

Be careful what you wish for in terms of recruiting high talent. Look at Ohio State. Full of talent but full of attitude. Bring in kids who will buy in to the system and be able to compete as a team in the Big Ten. Wisconsin has this formula down pat.

Be careful what you wish for in terms of recruiting high talent. Look at Ohio State. Full of talent but full of attitude. Bring in kids who will buy in to the system and be able to compete as a team in the Big Ten. Wisconsin has this formula down pat.

I really think Coach Pike and Staff get this...

Agree about Ohio State. Team had no heart and no fight in addition to little or no chemistry....

this is true...and everyone can say that Pike is different but even a guy like Matta who had incredible success is feeling the pinch now of having talent but the wrong guys buying...no coach is immune to it.

this is true...and everyone can say that Pike is different but even a guy like Matta who had incredible success is feeling the pinch now of having talent but the wrong guys buying...no coach is immune to it.
I would like to watch a Rutgers basketball team with talent .How could it be worse than the last 2 decades?

ADVERTISEMENT