ADVERTISEMENT

Jordan Burroughs to Pennsylvania RTC

Cael, Taylor, nickel, Rutherford, Nolfe, Gilman, Snyder, hall, Burroughs....

wow!! I think their plan is to have the entire Olympic team be made up of Pennsylvania RTC Wrestlers. They just may be able to do it!

Jesus, they are crushing it right now. Extremely impressive and some missed opportunities for the NJRTC

Cael, Taylor, nickel, Rutherford, Nolfe, Gilman, Snyder, hall, Burroughs....

wow!! I think their plan is to have the entire Olympic team be made up of Pennsylvania RTC Wrestlers. They just may be able to do it!
Slow down as that's 2 entirely different RTCs. Hall and Burroughs in 2021 will be at the Pennsylvania RTC, which is UPenn and Drexel, not PSU and NLWC with all of those others you mentioned. Pennsylvania RTC athletes include Mauro Correnti, Ben Honis, Ethan Lizak, David McFadden, Joey McKenna, Richard Perry, Dan Vallimont and some others.
UPenn is recruiting better and now loading up its RTC. They want to compete with and beat Princeton and us. NJRTC needs to pick it up big time, which means we need more big donors.

Here are NJRTC athletes for comparison:

Reese Humphry (head coach)

SKWC Residents
Anthony Ashnault
Tyler Graff
Ethan Ramos

Princeton RTC Residents
Bryce Meredith
Nate Jackson
CJ Brucki
Boris Novachkov

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Slow down as that's 2 entirely different RTCs. Hall and Burroughs in 2021 will be at the Pennsylvania RTC, which is UPenn and Drexel, not PSU and NLWC with all of those others you mentioned. Pennsylvania RTC athletes include Mauro Correnti, Ben Honis, Ethan Lizak, David McFadden, Joey McKenna, Richard Perry, Dan Vallimont and some others.
UPenn is recruiting better and now loading up its RTC. They want to compete with and beat Princeton and us. NJRTC needs to pick it up big time, which means we need more big donors.

Here are NJRTC athletes for comparison:

Reese Humphry (head coach)

SKWC Residents
Anthony Ashnault
Tyler Graff
Ethan Ramos

Princeton RTC Residents
Bryce Meredith
Nate Jackson
CJ Brucki
Boris Novachkov

I don't want to speak for him but I'm assuming he meant the state of Pennsylvania RTC residents athletes (NLWC + PennRTC), not specifically THE Pennsylvania RTC.

Probably comes down to $. Hope everyone that is complaining has given to the SKWC. Don’t have big bucks, But gave to the SKWC COVid Challenge. They accepted gifts in any amount.

Looks like Cornell is about to get some new competition. Stay tuned. $$$$

Last edited:
Correct, we cannot compare ourselves to Penn RTC in terms of finances. They have some heavy hitters donating to the RTC, not to mention one of the Phila 76ers owners donated 1 million to the wrestling program 2 years ago.
I look at it differently. We need to find those big donors, which may mean trying to get our current big donors from football and other sports to donate big to wrestling while we find other new donors. Not easy but we need to find a way to take this to the next level.

I look at it differently. We need to find those big donors, which may mean trying to get our current big donors from football and other sports to donate big to wrestling while we find other new donors. Not easy but we need to find a way to take this to the next level.
I like your optimism, but the facts are there are very few people out there that can throw that type of money around. I almost think its easier to get 200 donors to give a $1000 per year than one whale to give 200k per year.imo

I like your optimism, but the facts are there are very few people out there that can throw that type of money around. I almost think its easier to get 200 donors to give a $1000 per year than one whale to give 200k per year.imo
Of course there are very few, but we need to start with our existing big donors (see below), and also have a comprehensive funding campaign that taps new big donors, as well as smaller donors. Not easy to do with perceived higher priorities like a new football practice facility, among others.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/sidearm.si...019/8/28/2019_20_Gameday_Guide_Donor_List.pdf

If elite wrestlers want to wrestle in front of nobody, Penn is probably a good spot.

wrestling_0.jpg

That’s not why kids goto UPenn...they go for the elite academics and simply Rutgers can not compete with what they have to offer academically.

If I'm an elite wrestler and elite student, I'd go to Princeton first before Penn. Rutgers, as well as Penn St, Ohio St and Michigan, are terrific academic schools with way better wrestling programs than Penn have. The wrestling bouts at Penn draw less than many NJ and Penn HS teams draw. Penn is probably good for the borderline AA wrestlers who places academics way , way above wrestling. If wrestling is almost as important,, winning a National Championship or wrestling on a Natinoal team is almost important, then they wind up at Cornell, Penn St, Ohio St , Michigan, etc, and yes, Rutgers.

If scholarship money is a huge consideration, than the IVY school usually wins as they don't really have to adhere to NCAA scholarship guidelines that the non IVY schools do.

https://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2018/10/how-ivy-league-is-able-to-break-ncaas.html

Last edited:
Reactions: bigmatt718
ADVERTISEMENT