ADVERTISEMENT

Journeyman Dual Predictions

bigmatt718

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Mar 11, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
RU as predicted thrashed all 3 opponents on Opening Day, what wasn't predicted by most of us was the Pin Party. Now the team moves on to the annual Journeyman Dual in Albany, this year facing #25 Appalachian State and Utah Valley. Here's how I think the duals play out:

App State:

125 Metzler gets a needed W, RU 3-0
133 Suriano MD, RU 7-0
141 MVB Win, RU 10-0
149 Ashnault TF, RU 15-0
157 JVB MD, RU 19-0
165 Glasgow Win, RU 22-0
174 Grello Win, RU 25-0
184 Pagano Win, RU 28-0
197 Correnti Loss, RU 28-3
HVY Colucci Win, RU 31-3 Final

Utah Valley:

125 Metzler Loss, UVU 3-0
133 Suriano MD, RU 4-3
141 MVB Win, RU 7-3
149 Ashnault MD, RU 11-3
157 JVB MD, RU 15-3
165 Glasgow Loss, RU 15-6
174 Grello Win, RU 18-6
184 Pagano Win, RU 21-6
197 Wright Loss, RU 21-9
HVY Colucci Loss, RU 21-12 Final

Reactions: Ski
How good are Glasgow and Collucis guys from Utah Valley?

According to WrestleStat, the Heavy is #7 and their 165 is #46. I could see Glasgow winning, but right now need more of a sample size.

Utah Valley kid is ranked 15th by Flo -NCAA Qualifier Demetrius Romero and HWT Tate Orndorff ranked 16th.This will be two of the toughest matchups in which they are favored.

Reactions: bigmatt718
RU as predicted thrashed all 3 opponents on Opening Day, what wasn't predicted by most of us was the Pin Party. Now the team moves on to the annual Journeyman Dual in Albany, this year facing #25 Appalachian State and Utah Valley. Here's how I think the duals play out:

App State:

125 Metzler gets a needed W, RU 3-0
133 Suriano MD, RU 7-0
141 MVB Win, RU 10-0
149 Ashnault TF, RU 15-0
157 JVB MD, RU 19-0
165 Glasgow Win, RU 22-0
174 Grello Win, RU 25-0
184 Pagano Win, RU 28-0
197 Correnti Loss, RU 28-3
HVY Colucci Win, RU 31-3 Final

Utah Valley:

125 Metzler Loss, UVU 3-0
133 Suriano MD, RU 4-3
141 MVB Win, RU 7-3
149 Ashnault MD, RU 11-3
157 JVB MD, RU 15-3
165 Glasgow Loss, RU 15-6
174 Grello Win, RU 18-6
184 Pagano Win, RU 21-6
197 Wright Loss, RU 21-9
HVY Colucci Loss, RU 21-12 Final
No Pins??

Ok so the only two ranked matchups are against Utah Valley... I got the 165 pound match highlighted .. against #15 ncaa qualifier type of guy. We get a huge indicator of where Glasgow is at..

RU probably won’t have a competitive dual until they face Rider in Mid December.

Although the Cliff Keen Tournament in Las Vegas right after Thanksgiving should be great. Flowrestling will be showing it. Not sure if they keep team scores at this tournament.

RU probably won’t have a competitive dual until they face Rider in Mid December.

Although the Cliff Keen Tournament in Las Vegas right after Thanksgiving should be great. Flowrestling will be showing it. Not sure if they keep team scores at this tournament.
Will it be free on Flo like Midlands always was?

Although the Cliff Keen Tournament in Las Vegas right after Thanksgiving should be great. Flowrestling will be showing it. Not sure if they keep team scores at this tournament.[/

Don’t dismiss Utah Valley. Based on their season preview, UVU returns four NCAA qualifiers from last year, 133, 165, 174 and 197. Their 133 is out for the year but they are strong in 3 weights where we are less proven. Also, HWT coming off redshirt is ranked top 20. 125 could be competitive and their 141lber is a tough kid from CA.

125- toss up
133- need bonus points
141- RU slight favorite
149- need bonus points
157- RU a favorite
165- UVU a slight favorite here
174- UVU a slight favorite
184- RU a favorite
197- UVU a favorite
285- UVU a slight favorite

Will it be free on Flo like Midlands always was?

No, you will need a subscription. Midlands was hosted by Northwestern, so if you had a BTN plus (subscription), Flo picked it up. But Cliff Keen is not hosted by a Big10 school.
Even the Midlands you needed a BTN plus subscription.

RU will most likely win 8 of the 10 bouts, w bonus points in 3 of them. Best case for Utah Valley is probably winning 3. I guess it depends on someone's definition of 'competitive. IMO, competitive is a 10 point match . I think Ru will win by 20 or more. We shall see, hope I can pull it in on my iPhone from the RU tailgating for the Michigan game.

wrestlestat is good for seeing the probable head to head matchups :

https://www.wrestlestat.com/compare/dual/72/utah-valley/66/rutgers

Im really interested in the Glasgow and Colucci matches vs UVU. Both have ranked guys at their respective weights. Hope WRSU has the match broadcast before the Michigan game so I can listen to it during tailgating.

Im really interested in the Glasgow and Colucci matches vs UVU. Both have ranked guys at their respective weights. Hope WRSU has the match broadcast before the Michigan game so I can listen to it during tailgating.

Agreed ! Also, Colucci might have been ranked in the top 20 this week IF he had held onto Nevill's leg another second (he was worried about a stalling call).

I hope the coaches have a great game plan breaking down their opponents for Colucci and Glasgow.They both need to be very prepared in knowing their opponents tendencies and counter them all.

Glasgow also needs to beat the Appalachian opponent also without looking ahead.

Coach them up Leo & Donny

RU will most likely win 8 of the 10 bouts, w bonus points in 3 of them. Best case for Utah Valley is probably winning 3. I guess it depends on someone's definition of 'competitive. IMO, competitive is a 10 point match . I think Ru will win by 20 or more. We shall see, hope I can pull it in on my iPhone from the RU tailgating for the Michigan game.

wrestlestat is good for seeing the probable head to head matchups :

https://www.wrestlestat.com/compare/dual/72/utah-valley/66/rutgers

Wrestlestat is cool but not very reliable with new season weight changes/new wrestlers, etc...If we wrestle well we should win by a comfortable margin but in a worst case scenario there is the potential for UVU to win 125, 141, 165, 174, 197 and HWT with bonus potential at 197. We should bonus at 133, 149 and possibly 157 and 184. We most likely win 141. I feel good about 165 and 174 but Grello has to be more aggressive on his feet. Ditto for Colucci. Their HWT pinned the FSU guy Nevills last year. 125 is winnable as well but I don’t know what we have in Metzler. So, with the strength of their lineup at weights we still have questions about, I do think this match will be competitive.

Wrestlestat is cool but not very reliable with new season weight changes/new wrestlers, etc...If we wrestle well we should win by a comfortable margin but in a worst case scenario there is the potential for UVU to win 125, 141, 165, 174, 197 and HWT with bonus potential at 197. We should bonus at 133, 149 and possibly 157 and 184. We most likely win 141. I feel good about 165 and 174 but Grello has to be more aggressive on his feet. Ditto for Colucci. Their HWT pinned the FSU guy Nevills last year. 125 is winnable as well but I don’t know what we have in Metzler. So, with the strength of their lineup at weights we still have questions about, I do think this match will be competitive.

LOL.. C'mon man. There's also a chance Megan Fox is going to move in w my wife an me.

Reactions: Ski
Agreed ! Also, Colucci might have been ranked in the top 20 this week IF he had held onto Nevill's leg another second (he was worried about a stalling call).

It should have been a stalling call, right? I couldnt figure out why the ref wasn't counting.

Nostradamus is dead and Abro ...at best....is on Life Support...….So there is an opening for a new prognosticator. We are accepting candidates that: A. Have a functioning brain unit...….B: Can differentiate between reality and pure Homerism. C. Can Divert from factual results to "rational" justification of said factual results with predictions unsupported by any factual evidence. Send applications and sample delusionary defenses to: Cruise liner Express.....Rutgers University NJ.…….Attention: General Delusion. Please include tanned pose on beach.....Defined Abs are a must. MMA references a plus. We are an equal Opportunity Underachiever.

Reactions: Ole Cabbagehead
Sorry, don't know how to link..But in flowrestling article on duals yesterday.. There's a tidbit about Pagano maybe being the 184 all year... Did Gravina have a setback?

Know Nick is a few weeks from being cleared to go live. That was a bad performance and we were out hustled and out toughed. Not much more to say. Maybe we are not as good as we thought. The next few weeks will tell

Was I happy with what I saw in both duals...NO. But I think it is still early and based on being a parent who experienced watching RU IMO it’s still early. AP never had a great Journeyman duals with the exception of the Ramos win. To me I wanna see how we perform in Vegas. I always liked Vegas over Midlands. The two years we went to Vegas we had only 2 placers...AA and AP. So that shows you how tough that tournament is. At this point I am not willing to hit the panic button. JMO!!!!

Abro threw up all over himself in this thread
throw-up-on-yourself.jpg

Reactions: KidDagger
ADVERTISEMENT