ADVERTISEMENT

Julian Edelman retires

Nope, was never considered anywhere near the best WRs in the league during his time.
IDK.

Edelman stats

Was surprised that Lynn Swan's stats are not that gaudy:

And John Stallworth had better stats:

On that limited comparison and the number of Super Bowls he was in, he'll probably get in

Can't compare WR stats from 1970s to now. There are 23 ACTIVE Wrs with more yards

IDK.

Edelman stats

Was surprised that Lynn Swan's stats are not that gaudy:

And John Stallworth had better stats:

On that limited comparison and the number of Super Bowls he was in, he'll probably get in
Different time

They played a different game

Hall of Fame isn’t just about stats. That’s what the stat sheet and sports center is for. He absolutely belongs in the “Hall of Fame” by name and association. Was the main target of one of the greatest dynasties in football history.

Hall of Fame isn’t just about stats. That’s what the stat sheet and sports center is for. He absolutely belongs in the “Hall of Fame” by name and association. Was the main target of one of the greatest dynasties in football history.
He might but as a fan that followed other teams he does not jump out to me as a HOF. Very good yes. Clutch yes but I do not see him as HOF.

To me he is similar to many of the Giant Super Bowl very good players but not on a level of the Giant Hall of Fame players of their Super Bowl teams. I will use Ottis Anderson, Joe Morris, Mark Bavaro and Carl Banks as examples. Edelman was not better at his position than they were at theirs.

Last edited:
That would not have been my initial thought but I really not watched him enough to argue for or against.

Who are the contemporaries he would be compared to?

I say no, a good comp is the tweet below. That tweet doesn't even mention the fact that the Super Bowl MVP he won and so many are touting on his HOF resume came in the same year he was suspended for PEDs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT