ADVERTISEMENT

Julie and Sarah B

Racpack

Senior
Jan 21, 2012
Heard they were in St. Louis to see Ashnault All American. WNG is it true ? If yes, they are really making a statement about Rutgers Wrestling.

They were also able to make it from St. Louis to Storrs in time for the WBB game

Originally posted by RU93:
who is sarah b?
Seriously?

If so, it's Sarah Baumgartner, Julie's right hand woman (Senior Assoc. Athletic Director).

https://twitter.com/baumsarah

She's been here since around Christmas 2013.

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index.ssf/2013/12/rutgers_to_bring_on_sarah_baumgartner_as_new_senior_associate_ad.html

021-cnj038-1009-2g-bdc2014-jpg.jpg
who is sarah b?
who is sarah b?

I would imagine the 1st time Julie met with Scott Goodale she was all in and realized she has a sleeping Giant!

Let's Go RU!

Very nice. Now get us full funding of OOS schollies, some more club coaches/wrestlers, 4 mat wrestling room & more matches at the RAC. LOL
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by Leonard23:
Very nice. Now get us full funding of OOS schollies, some more club coaches/wrestlers, 4 mat wrestling room & more matches at the RAC. LOL
Sadly every Coach at RU has similar requests

Originally posted by TRU2RU:
Originally posted by Leonard23:
Sadly every Coach at RU has similar requests
But not every coach is running Rutgers newest revenue sport. The attendance figures for RUWR this year command attention. Not to mention that is a great fundraising effort going on right now to raise the money to bring in some Olympic level wrestlers.

Yes both were in ST Louis and we had a great time. They zipped off to Storrs after. The article in the SL about attendance really made an impact and thst great looking guy leaping out of his chair mat side was me with Mike Leta, our oldest AA in 1961 was next to me. They have been wonderful to wrestling and we are making wonderful progress raising the funds to bring in top talent here to work with our kids thru SKWC. The social after the tourney was a spectacular success.

WNG,

If we bring in three guys to SKWC to "train", what exactly does that entail?

First of all, where does SKWC train? I'm assuming that it's not in the little cramped space that the rest of the team trains.

Also, if we pay them a stipend, what does it entail? Are they required to be there at certain times? Work with our guys on specific things? Help coach them up on the side?

Phila

All of the above. They train in that little room at the barn with the rest of the team. They will work out with our kids so if we get a light weight coach he works with McCabe, Del, Giraldo, etc. A middle weight coach works with Ash, Dippery, Perrotti, etc. A heavy weight coach works with Hatden, Smith, etc. We would pay them a stipend from the Club monies we raise and give them a room or apartment. I think they can work a set amount of practices but it is easy to schedule. They could go to matches too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT