ADVERTISEMENT

Julius Turner invited to XFL Draft Player Pool

The XFL still exists?
The Rock bought the league. It was doing ok in the ratings, relatively speaking, in 2020 before everything got shut down. The quality of play wasn't bad and it landed TV deals with the major networks.

The Rock bought it sometime last year I guess and will launch in February 2023. They landed TV deals with ESPN I believe. The list of coaches hired have some legitimate names:

Bob Stoops, Wade Phillips, Rod Woodson, Jim Haslett, Reggie Barlow, Anthony Becht, Terell Buckley and Hines Ward

At least it gives guys like the aforementioned Julius Turner one more shot to play and get paid something in the process.

Reactions: Knight Shift
The Rock bought the league. It was doing ok in the ratings, relatively speaking, in 2020 before everything got shut down. The quality of play wasn't bad and it landed TV deals with the major networks.

The Rock bought it sometime last year I guess and will launch in February 2023. They landed TV deals with ESPN I believe. The list of coaches hired have some legitimate names:

Bob Stoops, Wade Phillips, Rod Woodson, Jim Haslett, Reggie Barlow, Anthony Becht, Terell Buckley and Hines Ward

At least it gives guys like the aforementioned Julius Turner one more shot to play and get paid something in the process.
I have been keeping an eye on the NJ Generals. Having a great season. The question is which league will last longer the USFL or XFL?

Reactions: MulletCork
I have been keeping an eye on the NJ Generals. Having a great season. The question is which league will last longer the USFL or XFL?
Good question. Don't quote me on this, but I seem to recall reading the XFL was promoting higher salaries vs the USFL. Another difference is the XFL will start in winter, sometime in February I believe, whereas USFL has been a spring league basically until here at the beginning of summer.
I watched the first few weeks of USFL but stopped watching once the weather got nicer here on the East Coast some. I enjoyed it.

I've always been a sucker for these leagues though! I still have a Generals foam finger and a team photo I found clearing out a closet. I went to World League of American Football games back in the day and then the initial XFL launch back around 2000. Some of those games were cold at Giants Stadium!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT