ADVERTISEMENT

July Live Period Thread

Follow up by Andrew Slater. He's right, slow and steady. I know everyone wants immediate satisfaction but you need patience. The standard is Pat Chambers and Penn St. Slow and steady. And an athletic department showing a lot of patience.

The improvement on the court has actually been fairly rapid. Year over year it's translating into better recruits. From day 1 I've been interested. During evening classes at the Business School last season we'd hear the RAC erupting and go on-line to see what the score was. Great stuff.

Geezus, can't they find a better location for these summer events? It looks like they're playing in a middle school gym.
Nike holds EYBL sessions in some fabulous locations like the LakePoint Center outside of Atlanta, Boo Williams Sportsplex and others.

However, for as long as I can remember, the Peach Jam is held at the Riverview Park Activities Center in North Augusta, S.C. Which is basically a shoebox.

It only has four regulation-size high school basketball courts...LakePoint has 12, Suwannee has nine.

I don't think any college coach particularly likes going to that building, there is very little room on the sidelines and baselines. But it's where the best talent is playing during the first evaluation period of July.

Reactions: Scangg
Pretty much. I believe there are rules about where they're able to play. I don't think AAU can play games on campus.
This is correct. I believe the rule changed around 2012 because the Bob Gibbons Tournament of Champions used to always be held at the Dean Dome at the University of North Carolina. It's now held at the Suwanee Sports Complex outside of Atlanta.

Any interest in SF Chris Ledlum from Staten Island ? My friends cousin. Said he has been offered by Florida , Pitt and Wake Forest recently. Good student also offered by Harvard. He’s a 2019.

Any interest in SF Chris Ledlum from Staten Island ? My friends cousin. Said he has been offered by Florida , Pitt and Wake Forest recently. Good student also offered by Harvard. He’s a 2019.

Ledlum i believe had a RU football offer a year ago but i don't think he was a name that visited RU for hoops.

It is fun to watch when Calipari, Self, K and to some extent Roy arrive at a court and sit down
I’d imagine Calipari is not a guy you want to see show up. Some of the stories out there are good

Any thoughts @Russ Wood on what players in 2019 or 2020 stood out so far...doesn't have to be a player RU has offered or is recruiting...

Any thoughts @Russ Wood on what players in 2019 or 2020 stood out so far...doesn't have to be a player RU has offered or is recruiting...
If you mean this evaluation period, I would say CJ Walker (from my limited online viewing ).

I was not at a travel team event this live period. Instead I was at the JA32, a JuCo event held at Eastern Florida State College which claimed to feature 36 of the top 100 Juco players in the country.

I’d imagine Calipari is not a guy you want to see show up. Some of the stories out there are good
He definitely attracts a lot of attention. So many coach want to say hello to him I don't know how he gets to the specific court on time to watch the game he wants to see. He must walk in a half hour ahead of scheduled game time or something.

If you mean this evaluation period, I would say CJ Walker (from my limited online viewing ).

I was not at a travel team event this live period. Instead I was at the JA32, a JuCo event held at Eastern Florida State College which claimed to feature 36 of the top 100 Juco players in the country.

I think that's Shaq Carter's JUCO...36 of the Top JUCOs is interesting as well....Any JUCOs @Russ Wood that you think are immediate impact kids to consider for high majors etc??

Reactions: Rusty_Screw_88
I think that's Shaq Carter's JUCO...36 of the Top JUCOs is interesting as well....Any JUCOs @Russ Wood that you think are immediate impact kids to consider for high majors etc??
Yes, it is where Carter played. Lots of MM guys, nobody stood out to me as a HM lock but one shooter has HM potential. Tim Miles was there as were Texas Tech, FSU and Ole Miss.

FSU offered Nate Jack. He's the shooter with HM potential. He scored 17, 26 and 44 points in his three games. I was only there one day so I saw his 17-point performance which was a really good one.

ADVERTISEMENT