ADVERTISEMENT

Just a congratulations thread

Agreed. I told this board this team is going to be very good. BAC - Can you hear me now?

saw some of the game today on tv...team looked solid and didnt fold late although still way too many turnovers, I will have to say I only recognize a few players from last year. Good win, LSU doesnt seem as strong this year although they did beat FSU. Best win of the year though so you have to start somewhere

Just got in from game and an after game delicious meal at Sophie's Bistro. This group is no where in sync yet. With CC back and KK still out they are a work in progress. Zippy had some solid minutes which was great to see. Stasha was either sick or just not in the game, only had 6 pts in 21 minutes. CC had 10 pts in 16 minutes! Caitlin had 9 boards in 20 minutes but looks a little confused at times. Arella had 16 pts in 37 minutes but looks kinda lost at times. We need a captain/PG in there to direct traffic, hope that will happen over the long break.

Reactions: RU MAN and MADHAT1
Just got in from game and an after game delicious meal at Sophie's Bistro. This group is no where in sync yet. With CC back and KK still out they are a work in progress. Zippy had some solid minutes which was great to see. Stasha was either sick or just not in the game, only had 6 pts in 21 minutes. CC had 10 pts in 16 minutes! Caitlin had 9 boards in 20 minutes but looks a little confused at times. Arella had 16 pts in 37 minutes but looks kinda lost at times. We need a captain/PG in there to direct traffic, hope that will happen over the long break.

I was quite impressed by Arella and her quickness and the smarts to just know how to get to the hoop..we have been lacking that lately

caught the tail end of the game on TV. Although a good win, still saw them getting sloppy late when LSU was in desperate times. But, no second half fold like the team has been prone to do and they hung in there.

Reactions: MADHAT1
They survived the typical 3rd quarter disaster and held onto the lead. Huge. This team has a lot of depth and great players, I actually think they have good chemistry and once everyone is healthy again it may take a game or 2 for Cviv to get her lineups together and “waves” of players on the court, but I am really excited about this season. Only seeing bits and pieces but winning when we should and losses only to ranked teams so far. Keep it up !!

The team is getting better defensively but still very out of sync offensively. That comes from a lot of new players and a lot of injuries/suspensions at the PG spot. As long as they keep working to improve, they can be very good.

Interesting game, We didn't score for the first half of the first quarter, but were only down six. Defense looked great, but LSU was not a 3 Pt. threat.

This team has a deep talented roster, but because of injuries and a suspension, the "Starting Team" has yet to emerge. Carey, as said before, was not in the game. When she is on, she can dominate. Vicky was blue colar all night, and neutralized and frustrated the talented LSU center. Arella is a star. She has shed some of the rust and is emerging as the nest in a long line of "go to " guards. CC is the quickest defender I have seen but streaky on O.. We have three point shooters. Noga may pull the trigger a bit too quickly for Viv (who doesn't) and can hit the three and also plays hard defense. Charise is steady, but vintage KK would be nicw at point. Caitlin is our our Rodman. She is a vicious rebounder and is serviceable on the offensive end. Calhoun is a proven commodity, and we have yet to see her at anywhere close to her best due to injury.

Then there is Zippy. Viv is working her in slowly, but she has shown flashes of brilliance on both sides of the ball and transition. She is the real deal.

This team has the talent, depth and emotion to go a long way. The big challenge will be how well Viv can get them to jell and spread the minutes.

edit was off by 1 :chairshot: when said 6 , it's 7 in a row
( thanks to 36 who corrected me)
RU 71
Illi 60

Last edited:
Take the win and be happy because Rutgers should be ranked in the top 25 next week.In previous years Rutgers would have loss this game against a mediocre opponent

Reactions: Scarletwoman
Dear MAD, I don't believe any of our players know who Bobby McFerrin is,, or ever heard of that song, actually none of them were even close to being born. Sigh!

9's the number and hoping for 10 next game
RU beats Purdue 65-63 in a real tight game that proved:
it's not over until it's over.
Congratulations to the players and coaching staff for winning this game and making it 9 wins in a row

Reactions: RUonBrain
Yahoo [banana], 10 in a row RU by14
RU 76-MSU 62
Carey with 30
Cryor with 12 assists
[thumb2] to the team and coaching staff

Reactions: RUonBrain
Beating Indiana after trailing at first , make this a congratulations for pulling it out.
Also had a good win against PSU after losing to Iowa

Reactions: ScarletDave
Purdue losing at home takes care of them as a threat I’d say. It’s gonna come down to Maryland and Iowa as th chasers. It’s a shame Iowa @Michigan got postponed, I feel like that might have been a game for Iowa to take a hit. Might be for the best though, as they’ll probably be required to make it up, and so hopefully that forces them into some crazy traveling/quick turnarounds at some point this year

Great win over the Golden Gophers and much needed :cool2:[banana][cheers]

Congrats on a great year and great build up to this point by Cviv and the staff, and players. Does anyone know if the 3rd place finish is the highest in the big ten standings by any Rutgers team since we joined? (Beside lacrosse where there’s only 6 teams)

Congrats on a great year and great build up to this point by Cviv and the staff, and players. Does anyone know if the 3rd place finish is the highest in the big ten standings by any Rutgers team since we joined? (Beside lacrosse where there’s only 6 teams)

I believe they said we tied the most B1G wins in a season for our team.
NICE!!

And 1 to go!

Women's Soccer--#2 I believe.

ADVERTISEMENT