ADVERTISEMENT

Just better than Wisky

Wisconsin fans are b*tching about how bad Rutgers is, and they can't wrap their minds around the fact Rutgers owns them at the RAC. I never saw fans wish cruel and means things on college kids. This is one of the reasons why I have no respect for a lot of teams in the B1G.

We played excellent D tonight. This was a very good win and will be good momentum for Sat.

Reactions: BillyC80
Wisconsin fans are b*tching about how bad Rutgers is, and they can't wrap their minds around the fact Rutgers owns them at the RAC. I never saw fans wish cruel and means things on college kids. This is one of the reasons why I have no respect for a lot of teams in the B1G.
Haven’t been to a MBB game against them but will say I was very disappointed with what I saw at Football.

Want to be like their program but after seeing and experiencing them in person...not their fans.

Reactions: RUPete
Very big win. We would have lost if I was coach. I would have pulled Geo after that pass off the backboard.
There were a number of really bad passes that were head scratchers.

If refs didn’t pine Myles, this matchup isn’t close

Agreed. My son is a recent Badger grad and has constantly lamented Greg Gard’s total inability to bring in quality players. His incoming class is finally a good one, but they have very little talent on the current squad. It’s amazing how quickly they faltered after Bo Ryan retired.

Reactions: FrankZ
Another funny quote from the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel:

https://www.jsonline.com/story/spor...-lack-fundamentals-plague-badgers/4396662002/

Rutgers guard Caleb McConnell converted a three-point play with 45.3 seconds left; Reuvers missed a three-pointer; and Johnson scored inside wit 24.7 seconds left.

UW's deficit was 70-61 and Rutgers fans were screaming: Warm up the bus.

Given the way the Badgers took care of the ball and failed to hold up on the glass, it wouldn't have been a surprise if the team bus broke down on the way to the airport.
Btw, a good chunk of them said Rutgers should have lost the game because they just threw up shoots, and crashed the boards while fouling UW. A few said Rutgers shot selection in the second was worse than the first half...WTF. Rutgers shot 55% from the floor in the second half.

Last edited:
Reactions: Loyal-Son
Agreed. My son is a recent Badger grad and has constantly lamented Greg Gard’s total inability to bring in quality players. His incoming class is finally a good one, but they have very little talent on the current squad. It’s amazing how quickly they faltered after Bo Ryan retired.

Stunning drop-off compared to the Kaminsky-less team we beat a few years back.

2 # 1 draft choices on that team---great club.

Game was won on the glass last night.

Hopefully Baker's excellent play continues.

My son is a recent Badger grad and has constantly lamented Greg Gard’s total inability to bring in quality players. His incoming class is finally a good one, but they have very little talent on the current squad. It’s amazing how quickly they faltered after Bo Ryan retired.
I wish RU would falter like Wiscy. Since Ryan retired, Gard's teams have earned three NCAA berths in four years, including two appearances in the Sweet 16.

Not sure how many of Johnson's fouls this year come from late picks at the top of the key but it seems like a lot (most?). Considering how important he is to everything else the team needs to do, I am wondering why Pike keeps putting him in that situation.

Not sure how many of Johnson's fouls this year come from late picks at the top of the key but it seems like a lot (most?). Considering how important he is to everything else the team needs to do, I am wondering why Pike keeps putting him in that situation.
It's part of their offense (and many teams also use a high screen), but it's probably more the fault of the player that Myles is screening for since the player must not make his move off the screen until Myles, or any screener, is completely set. A lot of times, the player moves before Myles is totally set. When it's Myle's fault is when he actively moves into the defender that they're screening. I think Myles and the other big are getting better at this. Myles has also improved his verticality, but needs to be careful of reach ins. He's getting there.

I get the offensive philosophy and agree that more the half the time it is the cutter's fault more then the man setting the pick. Knowing all that, does it make sense to run that play with a player that gets in foul trouble and is so important to the team. There are other plays that wouldn't leave it up to the refs to decide if Johnson gets to play the last 10 minutes of the game.

ADVERTISEMENT