ADVERTISEMENT

Just crazy enough to work at OC? June Jones!

Randal7

All American
Gold Member
Jul 23, 2009
June Jones for offensive coordinator

What's he bring:
1) Will do it his way

2) Gives zero F's, and if he isn't allowed to do it his way will have no issue telling Schiano to F himself, probably in any setting

3) Has put up historically large offensive numbers everywhere hes coached

4) Is one of those football savants with his own turn key system (the run and shoot)

5) Hates running the ball with his RB; however likes designed runs with the QB. Gavin gets 45+ touches a game (30 throwing, 15 rushing). We'll certainly see what we got then!

6) Is a name with some pedigree; like Friedgen and Jerry Kill, his pedigree is undeniable. Now, you might think he's over the hill, but this dude loves football

7) Will be spectacular; either a spectacular success or a spectacular failure

8) MOST IMPORTANTLY: Has made a living off doing it at places where everybody said it WAS IMPOSSIBLE TO WIN. It's like he took a perverse pleasure in it

9) We can prob pay this guy in cigars and he'd take the job.

web1_SPT_BRONCOS_09.jpg

Schiano will never hire someone who has the same or more credibility. Nor would such a person ever want to work for Schiano.

Did you forget he is a micromanager above all else ?

Reactions: Purple-Ed
Schiano will never hire someone who has the same or more credibility. Nor would such a person ever want to work for Schiano.

Did you forget he is a micromanager above all else ?
This is his chance to “let go”

Regarding #2 above. Why would GS make this hire?
Ala Mike Ditka and Buddy Ryan, Schiano should hand over the offense and all strategy and decision making to an experienced guy who can own it (Ditka did the opposite with the defense handing the keys to Ryan).

If Schiano does that he can focus on the defense, which he’s exceptional at.

Reactions: Plum Street
Ala Mike Ditka and Buddy Ryan, Schiano should hand over the offense and all strategy and decision making to an experienced guy who can own it (Ditka did the opposite with the defense handing the keys to Ryan).

If Schiano does that he can focus on the defense, which he’s exceptional at.
I follow the rationale but it would never happen. The OC parade at Rutgers continues.

I liked him at Hawaii
He should still be there but U of Hawaii is tire fire
He's not an eastern guy
Currently lives in Hawaii and coaches in Oregon (where he was born)

Reactions: Randal7
I liked him at Hawaii
He should still be there but U of Hawaii is tire fire
He's not an eastern guy
Currently lives in Hawaii and coaches in Oregon (where he was born)
Weather and terroir in Hawaii pretty much equivalent to weather in NJ, right?!

Great out of the box thinking. Not agreeing or disagreeing with this idea yet but nice change of pace. I think Jones coached P.J. Walker in the XFL in 2020. He does seem to have some volatility that could turn off some. There is no doubting that the guy can coach.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/June_Jones

Your first two reasons are the exact reason why he would never work for a micro manager like Schiano. On top of that the guy will be 70 his first season. Do you think recruits want to play for a guy that is 70? How many years of coaching do you think he has left? Just like Friedgen it would be a short term thing.

Your first two reasons are the exact reason why he would never work for a micro manager like Schiano. On top of that the guy will be 70 his first season. Do you think recruits want to play for a guy that is 70? How many years of coaching do you think he has left? Just like Friedgen it would be a short term thing.
I’m ok with short term as long as it works

It would definitely create a buzz, no doubt about it. I'd say the odds are REMOTE but like the concept.

It would definitely create a buzz, no doubt about it. I'd say the odds are REMOTE but like the concept.
He's currently the OC for the XFL's Seattle Sea Dragon's. I feel like the B1G is a step up. Unless he truly is adverse to the NE climate and living conditions, if he's got the competitive fire still and something to prove (which, he seems like the type that does), then why is it so remote?!

June Jones = Run n Shoot offense.

It's largely wide receivers running option routes.

If that's what we want, might as well go after Kevin Gilbride, who successfully married a power run game to run and shoot passing concepts.

He brought some nice hardware to NYC and made this guy a ton of money:
iu

EDIT: Nick Rolovich, who runs a slightly modified Run n Shoot, was fired by Washington State for refusing the COVID vaccine. He's still available I think.

If that's what we want, might as well go after Kevin Gilbride, who successfully married a power run game to run and shoot passing concepts.

iu

EDIT: Nick Rolovich, who runs a slightly modified Run n Shoot, was fired by Washington State for refusing the COVID vaccine. He's still available I think.
Kevin Gilbride is a nice idea!

iu

Gilbride hasn't coached college ball in 34 years, is 71 years old and hasn't coached in two years. You guys need to start thinking younger not looking at coaches ready to collect social security. Can you see him tweeting or even texting players in recruiting?

Rolovich would not fly with the RU admin. The fact he refused the vaccine that RU requires all student to have would make it a hypocritical hire. He also advocated some long debunked conspiracy theories about the vaccine. It was also alleged that he bullied players who called for better covid protections and opted out.

Gilbride hasn't coached college ball in 34 years, is 71 years old and hasn't coached in two years. You guys need to start thinking younger not looking at coaches ready to collect social security. Can you see him tweeting or even texting players in recruiting?

Rolovich would not fly with the RU admin. The fact he refused the vaccine that RU requires all student to have would make it a hypocritical hire. He also advocated some long debunked conspiracy theories about the vaccine. It was also alleged that he bullied players who called for better covid protections and opted out.
By "you guys" you mean a couple of guys on the internet who have zero influence in the entire affair..?

iu

Nick Rolovich could not work for Rutgers . Apparently Rutgers thinks that they must comply with Executive Order 14042 from 2021 that applies to employees of federal contractors, even though the federal government announced in October 2022 that they would no longer implement or enforce the executive order. Know an adjunct who was very recently forced to get a booster or else not get paid in compliance with the policy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT