ADVERTISEMENT

Just focus on next year..coach throwing season.

Of course OP is a new poster - wasn't hard to guess that.. The only problem I have with Pike- is that he built this rock solid program, and now we have to deal with all the new annoying bandwagon fans, who think they know everything
Rock solid program? Where?

I wont say were the same person however weve never been seen together.

however we know that only one poster here has been formally caught with burner accounts and that’s @Greg2020 aka formerlyknownasrutgers100. Guy was legit posting from 2 accounts pretending to be 2 different people. Its kinda funny but ya also gotta feel for the guy
Is above true? If so, very sad.

This new poster has used “y’all” and “sir” multiple times in this thread. Those are terms that have never been uttered by anyone in the state of New Jersey or at Rutgers. In fact, I think these have been banned by state constitutional edict. So my guess is that our new poster is either fan of another school or it’s just our favorite Iowan Chris Ash in disguise trying to see if he can torpedo his second Rutgers athletic program.

This new poster has used “y’all” and “sir” multiple times in this thread. Those are terms that have never been uttered by anyone in the state of New Jersey or at Rutgers. In fact, I think these have been banned by state constitutional edict. So my guess is that our new poster is either fan of another school or it’s just our favorite Iowan Chris Ash in disguise trying to see if he can torpedo his second Rutgers athletic program.
Let’s find out if he thinks it’s Taylor Ham or Pork Roll

I wont say were the same person however weve never been seen together.

however we know that only one poster here has been formally caught with burner accounts and that’s @Greg2020 aka formerlyknownasrutgers100. Guy was legit posting from 2 accounts pretending to be 2 different people. Its kinda funny but ya also gotta feel for the guy
Why are you so obsessed with lying about me? Send me your friends number. Weird dude, who has me on "ignore" yet mentions me in a post every week.

Yup Greg2020 got caught responding to his own posts. Just like Rutgers1010 is now responding to his own posts. Forget which user name you were using @kyk1827 ?
nope but you got caught laughing at a police officer being murdered and then claimed he was still alive, but if he dies, it was natural causes not a murder.

Like I said a few games ago Pikeil can not coach. He is a disgrace. If Paul is our savior than I need a new team to watch. We will not win playing a five guard rotation. Every other teams starters play 30 plus minutes in the big ten. When we did that we were 7-1, but that’s only because Pikeil didn’t have a choice. So that wasn’t his good coaching. He didn’t have a choice but to play our starters 30 plus minuets. I don’t care what anyone says Pikeil deserves to be fired. He is the most amateur coach in the big 10.
Another idiotic troll. They're coming out of the woodwork with a few losses. Predictable. Same people who will complain bitterly when we lose in the 2nd round of the NCAAs.

Another idiotic troll. They're coming out of the woodwork with a few losses. Predictable. Same people who will complain bitterly when we lose in the 2nd round of the NCAAs.
What NCAAs ? And I’m trolling? And being an idiot? Tell me one statement about “BASKETBALL” that was idiotic?

You don’t like my post? Or it’s idiotic? Please sir move on. Tell me how this is idiotic? I’m sorry sir GO PIKE!!

All because I never made an account doesn’t make me a new fan. I’ve been watching everyone post for years! Just reading the nonsense I decided to make my own and share my opinion the same way everyone else does. I’m sorry I didn’t make my account sooner. I’m sorry that my new account makes my opinion inferior to yours. I’ve been a fan and the way this talent is poorly coached I wanted to talk. I’m sorry sir.

Last edited:
All because I never made an account doesn’t make me a new fan. I’ve been watching everyone post for years! Just reading the nonsense I decided to make my own and share my opinion the same way everyone else does. I’m sorry I didn’t make my account sooner. I’m sorry that my new account makes my opinion inferior to yours. I’ve been a fan and the way this talent is poorly coached I wanted to talk. I’m sorry sir.
Don’t even bother trying to debate with all the Pike apologists. You won’t win. Everyone is brainwashed here thinking he is John Wooden. Meanwhile we still haven’t made the NCAA Tourney in 31 years (sorry last year doesn’t count) and we are a just above a. 500 team running one of the most inept offenses in the Country with the worst FT shooting team out there. Is the team better then when he came, absolutely. But that’s not to hard when you were 1-18 and outside of Littlepage you had the worst Coach in history. People won’t debate or tell you what is wrong they will just call you a troll bc you don’t agree with their view that all is great and rosy.

Reactions: Plum Street
I’ll take Pike over Schiano for building a contending team all day long.
Umm.just an FYI, Schiano is about the team.several players who recently showed zero effort, or stand and argue with refs while shooting 1-12, would have found themselves on the bench.Poster is correct about one thing, Pike cares sometimes more about what players reactions are to his moves, then coaching to win a particular game.

Reactions: Plum Street
Don’t even bother trying to debate with all the Pike apologists. You won’t win. Everyone is brainwashed here thinking he is John Wooden. Meanwhile we still haven’t made the NCAA Tourney in 31 years (sorry last year doesn’t count) and we are a just above a. 500 team running one of the most inept offenses in the Country with the worst FT shooting team out there. Is the team better then when he came, absolutely. But that’s not to hard when you were 1-18 and outside of Littlepage you had the worst Coach in history. People won’t debate or tell you what is wrong they will just call you a troll bc you don’t agree with their view that all is great and rosy.
I'm not an apologist but I would take Pike over any of the last 5 coaches by a mile. He gave us our first 20 win season(20-11) since 2003-04(20-13), conference tourny and NIT wins are included, and the last 20 wins in the regular season since 1982-83, 20-6. The offense is just fine, players are just not sharing the ball and hitting shots like they did in the first 6 games when we were in the top 20 of offensive efficiency. They will reestablish roles and rotations, and the team will be right as rain again

Last edited:
When people can’t state facts and starts to talk about the way someone speaks... the fact I say “y’all and sir” is now the debate amongst posters, it shows me the maturity and intellect on this forum it’s so sad. It’s about basketball not where I am from. Just wow...

Like I said a few games ago Pikeil can not coach. He is a disgrace. If Paul is our savior than I need a new team to watch. We will not win playing a five guard rotation. Every other teams starters play 30 plus minutes in the big ten. When we did that we were 7-1, but that’s only because Pikeil didn’t have a choice. So that wasn’t his good coaching. He didn’t have a choice but to play our starters 30 plus minuets. I don’t care what anyone says Pikeil deserves to be fired. He is the most amateur coach in the big 10.
This is your original post.
Where are the facts to back up your OPINIONS?
Saying he can't coach or is a disgrace with no real facts to back up that opinion proves nothing. Who has ever said Paul is a Savior, he was the first NJ player in 27 years to average a triple double in a season but he is more a versatile role player than a savior, not that we need one team is pretty loaded. I agree I would love to see more of a conventional starting lineup but to accomplish that he would have to start 2 freshman at PF and C and that will win you less games starting Cliff/Reiber or Cliff/Mag. I don't like starting Myles, just seems to be more effective off the bench. Pike only cut the freshman out after 4 OOC games because a true Freshman cant win you B1G conference games, but they sure can lose you a game with too many mistakes and minutes. Firing Pike is laughable. He is well respected in the B1G as well as all of college basketball.

Pikiell has coached 16 years. Fact.
Pikiell career record is 263-226 win % of 0.538. Fact.
Stony Brook became a D1 program in 1999-2000 and Steve Pikiell took over
Stony Brook in 2005-06 til 2015-16 to 192-156. Fact.
His first 3 years rebuilding SB, he went 20-67. Fact
Six of the next 8 seasons at SB, he won at least 20 games in a season. Fact
He was 172-89 0.659 in the next 8 seasons, Fact
Rutgers was 29-68 between 2013-14, 14-15, 15-16. Fact.
He is 71-70 record in 4 seasons, 12 games at a P6 school. Fact.

stfu

mo

Reactions: red sail
Saying he can't coach or is a disgrace with no real facts to back up that opinion proves nothing. Who has ever said Paul is a Savior, he was the first NJ player in 27 years to average a triple double in a season but he is more a versatile role player than a savior, not that we need one team is pretty loaded. I agree I would love to see more of a conventional starting lineup but to accomplish that he would have to start 2 freshman at PF and C and that will win you less games starting Cliff/Reiber or Cliff/Mag. I don't like starting Myles, just seems to be more effective off the bench. Pike only cut the freshman out after 4 OOC games because a true Freshman cant win you B1G conference games, but they sure can lose you a game with too many mistakes and minutes. Firing Pike is laughable. He is well respected in the B1G as well as all of college basketball.

Please don't confuse the OP with facts.

Reactions: Scarlet Blind
I give the OP credit for putting his pic in his profile. Looks like a baller . This board is giving him a tough time. People are allowed to call out awful results

Another guy that comes out the minute things get a little rough and goes away as soon as we win a couple....good times around this forum

And I’m pretty sure that most of the people who are over the top bashing have never played competitive basketball ...let along has some run with players of this level

The idiotic and trolling comments are obvious. The ignore button needs to come out in full force for those who come out only to be negative and disappear when things turn positive.

Your taking a big risk using facts.

Pike turned a dumpster fire program into a ranked program in a few years. If he is so terrible how did the program do such a complete 180?

Reactions: ancienthooper
We are now talking about my appearance. Pure high school..wow.
Actually you started the grade school comments, saying we are acting like little girls. Seems like you can give it but can’t take it. Bottom line, saying you don’t care what posters think yet you have been going back and forth with us. So........ you do care. You want us to change our opinion. It will not happen,

Reactions: koleszar
When people can’t state facts and starts to talk about the way someone speaks... the fact I say “y’all and sir” is now the debate amongst posters, it shows me the maturity and intellect on this forum it’s so sad. It’s about basketball not where I am from. Just wow...
“It’s about basketball not where I’m from.” This is what they called a “non-denial denial” in the Watergate era, folks. Also, a grim profile pic that features three white guys in striped polo shirts in an office? Come on. No one real would actually select this as the venue for a profile pic and then actually use it.

Reactions: Rutgers56
Honestly I don't really care what posters say on here. Most on here probably couldn't even jump up and touch a basketball rim in their prime years. But slander our good coach - whose doin a great job.

Must be a liberal....

"CENSOR ANYTHING I DON'T LIKE"

Saw that a spelling error was called out early in the thread. So just checking . . . is this how you spell "ego maniacal"?

Although this is a basketball thread, your "CENSOR ANYTHING I DON'T LIKE" response is the most important post on this thread. It reflects a mentality that can destroy our country.
That's not what "liberals" (you mean Democrats, right?) advocate. Hate speech, yes; "anything", no.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT