ADVERTISEMENT

Just focus on next year..coach throwing season.

I give the OP credit for putting his pic in his profile. Looks like a baller . This board is giving him a tough time. People are allowed to call out awful results

Do you actually not get that the criticism has nothing to do with being critical of Pike? There are certainly things to criticize about the coach when a team that was playing so well goes into the crapper for a few games. The visceral reaction is based on ridiculous comments calling Pike a "disgrace," saying Pike should be fired, when he's actually brought the program from a disgrace to a highly competitive team that would've been in the tourney last year if not for COVID, and implying something really odd about throwing the season in his thread title. These are troll-level comments designed to provoke reactions. They worked, but make him look like an idiot.

Side note: guys coming in with some heat, which is my kinda guy. Blue collar posters. Brick by brick. Building a solid foundation.

My first post here ever was Tom Savage asking me to leak that he got his release signed because GS wanted to keep it quiet and he wanted to find a school by spring semester. john o (total dork) immediately banned my account only to reinstate it hours later when he realized I was a savant and extremely valuable to this board, arguably to this day the most valuable poster in board history.

kyk, I generally like your blunt, tell it like you think it is style, but damn, do you have some serious delusions of grandeur.

Unless you’re being facetious, in which case I’ll turn on my sarcasm meter, but if not, holy geez man, you need some therapy.

Like I said a few games ago Pikeil can not coach. He is a disgrace. If Paul is our savior than I need a new team to watch. We will not win playing a five guard rotation. Every other teams starters play 30 plus minutes in the big ten. When we did that we were 7-1, but that’s only because Pikeil didn’t have a choice. So that wasn’t his good coaching. He didn’t have a choice but to play our starters 30 plus minuets. I don’t care what anyone says Pikeil deserves to be fired. He is the most amateur coach in the big 10.

I only read a little bit of this thread, but I can see most people (except kyk) are coming down on you pretty hard for this take.

And rightfully so.

Pike may not be perfect, but you think the man who literally resurrected the WORST high major program in the country, and made us respectable, should be fired?

That’s a bad take. A really, really bad take.

Is Coach P. Throwing the season for a better draft pick next year? Come on OP have to be better then this.

Side note: guys coming in with some heat, which is my kinda guy. Blue collar posters. Brick by brick. Building a solid foundation.

My first post here ever was Tom Savage asking me to leak that he got his release signed because GS wanted to keep it quiet and he wanted to find a school by spring semester. john o (total dork) immediately banned my account only to reinstate it hours later when he realized I was a savant and extremely valuable to this board, arguably to this day the most valuable poster in board history.
Most annoying, misinformed poster, perhaps. Haven't seen much value. And such a dick.

awe poor baby... when I did not like the truth I reacted the same way. When I was 10. That sense of entitlement is sad. An opinion makes “senior posters” curse at you...sad.

Hey you're entitled to your opinion...and now with new and improved IGNORE I won't have to read it.

MO

This thread [roll]
OP really managed to reel so many into a clear click and troll diatribe. Whoever’s sock it is, deserves at least props for managing a rutgersal-length post 👏🏼

Reactions: DennisHajekRC84
This thread [roll]
OP really managed to reel so many into a clear click and troll diatribe. Whoever’s sock it is, deserves at least props for managing a rutgersal-length post 👏🏼
The “white people problems” profile photo. The basic school name plus 1’s and 0’s username. Clearly a troll account. And so many fell for it. Smh.

Like I said a few games ago Pikeil can not coach. He is a disgrace. If Paul is our savior than I need a new team to watch. We will not win playing a five guard rotation. Every other teams starters play 30 plus minutes in the big ten. When we did that we were 7-1, but that’s only because Pikeil didn’t have a choice. So that wasn’t his good coaching. He didn’t have a choice but to play our starters 30 plus minuets. I don’t care what anyone says Pikeil deserves to be fired. He is the most amateur coach in the big 10.

You must be brain dead.

Do you actually not get that the criticism has nothing to do with being critical of Pike? There are certainly things to criticize about the coach when a team that was playing so well goes into the crapper for a few games. The visceral reaction is based on ridiculous comments calling Pike a "disgrace," saying Pike should be fired, when he's actually brought the program from a disgrace to a highly competitive team that would've been in the tourney last year if not for COVID, and implying something really odd about throwing the season in his thread title. These are troll-level comments designed to provoke reactions. They worked, but make him look like an idiot.
Fair assessment.

Why does guy behind him have same shirt ?

Another idiotic troll. They're coming out of the woodwork with a few losses. Predictable. Same people who will complain bitterly when we lose in the 2nd round of the NCAAs.
Cmon. No one will complain if we lose in the first round. Or even the play in round. .
The line for success is clear . Make the tournament and this team will go down as winners. Don’t make it and they are losers and the most disappointing team in school history. Just make the tournament . Simple as that . Get it done guys

What is your suggestion? Just play every starter 30 minutes every night?

We are now talking about my appearance. Pure high school..wow.
Talking about your disappearance would be a better use of thread.
But I give you credit. You stirred up lots of clicks for whatever the agenda is of the Stripped Shirt Mafia.
Clown thread worked. Funny as he'll reading this.

Actually all the guys in the office are wearing the same shirt . Maybe striped shirt Thursday !
Anyway good early post for this guy. He looks like a baller

IllegalAmbitiousAmethystinepython-small.gif

He is 71-70 record in 4 seasons, 12 games at a P6 school. Fact.
And to put that in perspective, look at the records of the last 7 coaches:

Craig Littlepage (23-63) 85/86 - 87/88
Bob Wenzel (128-135) 88/89 - 96/97
Kevin Bannon (59-60) 97/98 - 00/01
Gary Waters (79-75) 01/02 - 05/06
Fred Hill (47-77) 06/07 - 09/10
Mike Rice (44-51) 10/11 - 12/13
Eddie Jordan (29-68) 13/14 - 15/16

Just so much dumb in this post.

“If Paul is our savior than I need a new team to watch”
For starters, who in the hell ever claimed PM was any kind of savior?

“We will not win playing a five guard rotation.”
This one I wasn’t sure if you are saying that we have 5 guards on the floor at once (which we’ve never done), or if you were saying rotating 5 guards is too many. Either way it’s dumb because we won 20 games last year with the same 5 guards in the rotation.

“Every other teams starters play 30 plus minutes in the big ten.“
There is not one team in the conference that has more than two starters averaging 30 or more MPG. Harper and Young both average more than 30.

Basketball wise, OP is spot on. Rotations are a mess and we were cookin when Pikes hand was forced into playing less guards and letting Young dominate the ball.

Basketball wise, OP is spot on. Rotations are a mess and we were cookin when Pikes hand was forced into playing less guards and letting Young dominate the ball.
I’d argue that Pike was forced into playing more guards because of how shallow our depth got with the bigs once Cliff went down. Pike didn’t just decide to start screwing with the lineup because he felt like it, he kind of had to out of necessity.

I’d argue that Pike was forced into playing more guards because of how shallow our depth got with the bigs once Cliff went down. Pike didn’t just decide to start screwing with the lineup because he felt like it, he kind of had to out of necessity.

You could argue that, but that’s when pike played more Rieber and Plamquist got a few. Not guards. The last game without Cliff was the first iirc he went extended 4 guard rotation minutes.

ADVERTISEMENT