ADVERTISEMENT

Just got my Dayton Ticket and Got 2 from RU for SD - psyched!

RU848789

Legend
Gold Member
Jul 27, 2001
Metuchen, NJ
Last year's tourney was so much fun (first one I ever went to, as I was working too much back in 89/91 and was a poor student in 83 - never thought it would be until 2021 that we'd be able to go to a tourney), despite the crushing loss to Houston, that there's no way I'm missing this year, since you just never know what the future holds.

Leaving for Dayton tomorrow morning around 8 am and hope to see a few of you at the RU event at Jimmie's Ladder or at the game; got a ticket in 217 row C, which seems like a pretty decent spot. I hate ND more than PSU, I think, so really want this one, not only to beat ND, obviously, but to get to San Diego for the full bore tourney experience.

And speaking of SD, I was a bit surprised I was able to score 2 tix from RU for both SD games, should we play in them. Either demand from RU fans was low or I have more relative PP's than I thought, lol. Right now I have no idea how I'm getting to SD (probably flying to LAX from Indy, but I'll drive if I have to, lol) and am still waiting on interest from a couple of friends (since none of my 5 RAC ticket-mates is going to SD!! - probably because 3 of them are accountants and this is their crazy season, lol), but if nobody comes through, I'll be shopping a ticket around on the board (face value - not intereste in profiting from an RU ticket), as there's no way it's going to a non RU fan.

More to come, like last year...

What section are the SD tickets?
They're not actually "tickets" yet - just a promise that I'll have 2 in the RU section for each game. Don't know where the RU section is, but I was told they were "good" seats (take that with a grain of salt though).

Reactions: Scangg
Made it to Dayton in a little under 8 hours (only broke a few laws) and had some fun at the RU Alumni party with host Brian Tobin (head of the RU alumni association and Metuchen neighbor) and some others including Piscataway Mike and his brother, whose name I never remember, sorry.

Nice pregame! Got a couple of selfies too with the Scarlet Knight and a couple of RU cheerleaders and will post later (not sure how to from phone lol). So much want to beat Notre Dame and play Bama in San Diego on Friday, especially as a very good friend of mine will be flying down from Seattle to join me! So no extras sorry. Go RU!

Made it to Dayton in a little under 8 hours (only broke a few laws) and had some fun at the RU Alumni party with host Brian Tobin (head of the RU alumni association and Metuchen neighbor) and some others including Piscataway Mike and his brother, whose name I never remember, sorry.

Nice pregame! Got a couple of selfies too with the Scarlet Knight and a couple of RU cheerleaders and will post later (not sure how to from phone lol). So much want to beat Notre Dame and play Bama in San Diego on Friday, especially as a very good friend of mine will be flying down from Seattle to join me! So no extras sorry. Go RU!
I didn’t cya. Was too busy inside so hung out outside on patio. 8 hours is amazing time !

Ugh. Can't read the board as I can tell from the thread titles the usual suspects are out to get the coach who brought us 3 straight tourney worthy teams. This loss sucked, no doubt about it, but that team played its heart out and sometimes teams lose. Sure, some bad plays and mistakes, but some amazing plays too. Thanks Geo, Ron and Caleb (assuming none come back, although I suspect Caleb might) for a great run - the best run of any RU hoops team since I started at RU in 1980.

As always I try to look on the bright side - that loss probably saved me about $2000, lol.

Reactions: GORU2014
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT