ADVERTISEMENT

Just rewatched Purdue game

Yeah Baby

Heisman Winner
Aug 14, 2001
Today is a good day to say thank you once again to RHJ. He was a beast that game with or without the buzzer beater. He covered Ivey much of the game and kept him out of the paint. He pulled rebounds over Idey. He made great passes and clutch shots down the stretch and Purdue was doubling him a lot. We will miss him.

Geo was out that game but before I get to the reason for this post, thank you Geo for so many great moments at RU. Class act on and off the court. You’re 8 pts and an assist for our last 10 pts against Ohio St is probably what I will most remember you for or maybe that monster dunk last year.

Looking ahead we have talent coming back. Mag played a great game with high energy and I have high hopes for him. Miller is the lock down defender we need against the smaller quicker teams and hopefully adds some Offense this year. Cliff played 2 of the best and was great and only got better as the season wore on. Caleb was Caleb. Incredible D, hit some big shots and was a leader on the court. Paul was Paul. Great floor general finding the open players and creating plays. Palmquist can shoot it as can Dean. Hyatt looks the part of a scorer and now will have the chance to do so along with his athletic ability. Dean and Hyatt didn’t play much in this game but showed flashes in other games. Team chemistry and Defense will carry this team along with the RAC.

The BIG has many projected draft picks tonight so we are not the only team losing star players. That’s all for now.

Good luck to Ron tonight.

People forget about that post-up, spin fadeaway in the lane before the end game, but that was an incredible shot. Just an incredible game to re-watch and I'm so thankful to have been there that night. This group brought us so many fun nights after a long period of darkness at the RAC. They will never be forgotten.

Today is a good day to say thank you once again to RHJ. He was a beast that game with or without the buzzer beater. He covered Ivey much of the game and kept him out of the paint. He pulled rebounds over Idey. He made great passes and clutch shots down the stretch and Purdue was doubling him a lot. We will miss him.

Geo was out that game but before I get to the reason for this post, thank you Geo for so many great moments at RU. Class act on and off the court. You’re 8 pts and an assist for our last 10 pts against Ohio St is probably what I will most remember you for or maybe that monster dunk last year.

Looking ahead we have talent coming back. Mag played a great game with high energy and I have high hopes for him. Miller is the lock down defender we need against the smaller quicker teams and hopefully adds some Offense this year. Cliff played 2 of the best and was great and only got better as the season wore on. Caleb was Caleb. Incredible D, hit some big shots and was a leader on the court. Paul was Paul. Great floor general finding the open players and creating plays. Palmquist can shoot it as can Dean. Hyatt looks the part of a scorer and now will have the chance to do so along with his athletic ability. Dean and Hyatt didn’t play much in this game but showed flashes in other games. Team chemistry and Defense will carry this team along with the RAC.

The BIG has many projected draft picks tonight so we are not the only team losing star players. That’s all for now.

Good luck to Ron tonight.
Mag played well, and we have seen him play well but not consistently well.

Miller is not a "lock-down defender" at this point. The guy he guarded avg like 6 pts a game.

Take off the scarlet colored glasses and evaluate some of these guys.

Oskar probably won't see much PT here. Also collectively this was prob the best the team played. So your views are a bit skewed.

Reactions: MiloTalon13

Miller is not a "lock-down defender" at this point. The guy he guarded avg like 6 pts a game.

Oskar probably won't see much PT here. Also collectively this was prob the best the team played. So your views are a bit skewed.
Really? That’s what you took from his excellent fan post? Yeah Baby made some great points and you choose to cherry-pick a few statements that are actually accurate? You’re wearing whatever is the opposite of rose-colored glasses — seems like you’re trying too hard to find something negative.

It wasn’t even close to the best they played. That would be the 4 straight wins over ranked teams as an unranked team later in the year. So your opinion and your facts are crap. Oscar might struggle as he has but the rest of the team has good potential to be very good and garner another NCAA berth. Plus another year of development means you will likely see tremendous improvement from Mag, Hyatt and Dean who will not replace Ron’s contributions but will give us something close to it, especially the rebounding and on the offensive end.

Really? That’s what you took from his excellent fan post? Yeah Baby made some great points and you choose to cherry-pick a few statements that are actually accurate? You’re wearing whatever is the opposite of rose-colored glasses — seems like you’re trying too hard to find something negative.
nope just pointing out that not every player 1-12 is going to make a step forward and develop to what we hope they will become.

I'm being realistic, I do think we will be a borderline NCAA team again though.

Purdue got outcoached in that game badly. The fatal flaw was that he took that 7 foot center out of the game for the last 10 minutes so Harper could make plays in the paint. It allowed Harper to take over the game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT