ADVERTISEMENT

Just win 2 of 3 at home

I actually think Michigan will be the toughest of the 3 remaining home games. The simplest path to the two wins is beating Illinois and Maryland and that should do it.

The losses to St.Bonaventure and Pitt will come back to haunt Rutgers because they were road or neutral site games that could have provided a cushion against future B1G losses.The game at MSG against Michigan was another opportunity for a win away from the RAC but turned out to be just another disappointing loss.

100% wrong yet again....Pitt and St Bonaventure are having better years than expected. The most impressive item for the 100th time is margin of defeat matters....and RU has been right there and that we handed Nebraska a 17 point defeat on the road.

RU with a couple of wins in a row has the ability to just as easily qualify for a double bye in the B1G tournament. We still don't know what the potential order of finish is in league.

There's no reason to be so negative and provide bad information. If RU wins 2 or 3 more games, they'll add to their Quad 1 total and there aren't other schools near the bubble with the resume of Q1 wins to match RUs resume.

Reactions: biazza38
Oklahoma in 2018 was 3-3 in Quad 1A games. Rutgers is currently 0-5 in such games. Winning only two more home games leaves you with 18 wins with ZERO “1A” wins. RU might as well put their name in a hat with about 15 other bubble teams at that point. Remember, there are some ACC teams with NET rankings in the 50-60 range who will wind up getting a serious look.

100% wrong yet again....Pitt and St Bonaventure are having better years than expected. The most impressive item for the 100th time is margin of defeat matters....and RU has been right there and that we handed Nebraska a 17 point defeat on the road.

RU with a couple of wins in a row has the ability to just as easily qualify for a double bye in the B1G tournament. We still don't know what the potential order of finish is in league.

There's no reason to be so negative and provide bad information. If RU wins 2 or 3 more games, they'll add to their Quad 1 total and there aren't other schools near the bubble with the resume of Q1 wins to match RUs resume.
Stop with your nonsense.Who made you professor on college basketball?Every announcer on BTN mentions the need to win some games on the road to enhance Rutgers resume.

No ...2 of 3 gets you 2 games closer... to make the Dance in March Rutgers needs 4 more victories... it is what it is.

Idiocy.

We did have a bad loss to the Bonnies.

There is some hope for them to sneak into Q2

I think only 2 more wins is still a "looks like we picked the wrong week to quit drinking" situation. That's a lot of putting the fate in other team's hands.

This is correct.

I think maybe the pushback against people saying we need four more wins and such is distorting the message.

I think 19 win Rutgers is a favorite to get in but I would still be very nervous until I actually heard the name called.

Shit, I probably will be with 20 as well, but I don't think that is as rational.

Oklahoma in 2018 was 3-3 in Quad 1A games. Rutgers is currently 0-5 in such games. Winning only two more home games leaves you with 18 wins with ZERO “1A” wins. RU might as well put their name in a hat with about 15 other bubble teams at that point. Remember, there are some ACC teams with NET rankings in the 50-60 range who will wind up getting a serious look.

this is some of the worst analysis I have seen here, RU is not being compared to Oklahoma in 2018, they are being compared to a horrible bubble who have shit wins...we let alone talking about them having 1A wins...they dont have any wins that approach RU's wins over Seton Hall and Penn State

please do your research...your nonsense about ACC schools is nonsense...they literally have no wins besides UVA over FSU. The only other school in the running is NC State and their resume is not knocking RU out. Notre Dame has zero chance as does Syracuse..next

Last edited:
20-11, should do it,maybe, but we've lost our margin for error. The Selection Committee looks at recent record as much as overall record, and last 10 games we are 5-5. Winning 3 of our last 6 would put us at 8-8 to close out the season, not exactly a hot team entering the B!G Tournament. Have to win at least one there, or it's the NIT I'm afraid.
Winning 3 of our last 6 get us to 11 - 9 in conference and we are a lock if that happens

this is some of the worst analysis I have seen here, RU is not being compared to Oklahoma in 2018, they are being compared to a horrible bubble who have shit wins...we let alone talking about them having 1A wins...they dont have any wins that approach RU's wins over Seton Hall and Penn State

please do your research...your nonsense about ACC schools is nonsense...they literally have no wins besides UVA over FSU. The only other school in the running is NC State and their resume is not knocking RU out. Notre Dame has zero chance as does Syracuse..next
I’m glad you’re confident going 2-4 and 0-1 is enough lol. 18-13 with all wins at home while other bubble teams are busy winning games in their conference tournaments and reaching 20 wins....

I’m glad you’re confident going 2-4 and 0-1 is enough lol. 18-13 with all wins at home while other bubble teams are busy winning games in their conference tournaments and reaching 20 wins....
I didnt say that..and tell me who are these bubble teams from which conferences and give me their current quality wins..thanks

Interesting that the new rules mentions quality of wins AND losses - all of these very close road losses must count for something then - certainly a lot more than Iowa's 40 point loss at Purdue..there is also the possibility that being so many Big Ten teams are jumbled up at or just above the bubble, that a BTT game could become a defacto "play-in" game for the tournament..hopefully Rutgers will not fall down into that category
I'm a little concerned that there are 8 Big Ten teams with a NET ranking higher than RU. Has any conference ever gotten 9 teams to the Big Dance?

This team is too deficient offensively to likely not win a road game unfortunately. However, the good news is that winning 2 of 3 at home should get us across the finish line especially if we beat Maryland. I think the good news is while the gap on the resume is a lack of road wins is that Rutgers doesn’t have any bad losses so in my view those two balance one another in addition to the very weak bubble.
No, winning 2 more home games doesn't get us to the NCAAs. We're not getting there with 19 (really 18) wins and a putrid road record. If we win a road game and/or a B1G tourney game in addition to 2 home wins, I think RU probably gets in.

ADVERTISEMENT