ADVERTISEMENT

Just win the NIT

RU72

All American
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2001
Yes,the snub was egregious. I also follow the Columbia women and their snub was outlandish. Win the darn NIT and let it propel Rutgers and Gavin to the Sweet 16 next season. It has been a precursor at many places, including UConn when Steve was there. It's not optimal,but Championships have been few and far between and I will be proud with an NIT Championship and hopefully a 15 point win over Seton Hall next week.

In theory, it's all about expectations and you are glossing over getting snubbed and asking the team to reset expectations and preparation for Hofstra. This is a super Bowl for Hofstra getting to play a game they probably never get to schedule.

No one here has any clue of how RU reacts....with almost every other team that lost in the conference tournament, it was fully expected that their fate was the NIT.

In theory, if not for the NCAA being a sham, Nevada nor Pitt belongs in the field....the reaction from Nevada was utter shock that their name was selected.....Arizona State had a small gathering and Bobby Hurley and his players jumped into the pool in his backyard.....they also knew they were behind based on the criteria the NCAA put in place.

If RU doesn't win Tuesday or doesn't win the NIT, I'm not going to hold it against Pike or the players/staff. It's a terrible hand we have been dealt and you have to factor that aspect into the equation.

Yes,the snub was egregious. I also follow the Columbia women and their snub was outlandish. Win the darn NIT and let it propel Rutgers and Gavin to the Sweet 16 next season. It has been a precursor at many places, including UConn when Steve was there. It's not optimal,but Championships have been few and far between and I will be proud with an NIT Championship and hopefully a 15 point win over Seton Hall next week
Gonna be tough to beat Yale in round 1

The last few teams to win the NIT have followed with impressive seasons.

Not winning would be unnerving but no the end of the world.

Reactions: bac2therac
If RU doesn't win Tuesday or doesn't win the NIT, I'm not going to hold it against Pike or the players/staff. It's a terrible hand we have been dealt and you have to factor that aspect into the equation.
This.. winning the NIT would be nice.. but even if you are good enough to do so you don't always get teh bounces or whistles that allow it to happen.. never mind a game where you do not matchup well or are forced to take a road game where maybe you should have hosted.

Then add in the depression of getting screwed out of an NCAA bid. Yeah.. we were worse without Mag.. did not look like a tourney team until the Big Ten Tourney games..

...BUT all the players worked their asses off to build the full season resume including the Big Ten Tourney games.

To actually win any tournament you need a lot of skill.. consistent skill and effort.. and some luck too.

The team has something to prove. That should be plenty of motivation to get focused and play their best. They also want Caleb to go out with a win and winning the NIT would do that. Finally, basketball is fun! So go have some fun and kick some ass!

Reactions: RUforester72
RU72 did write we were playing Hofstra last week. Then it was Yale.

I love the content you bring but as soon as you started posting positive stuff on a regular basis the team started to suck really badly. LOL

• Haha
Reactions: SBP
ADVERTISEMENT