ADVERTISEMENT

Justin Davidovicz (PK) commits to RU

I don't do Twitter or whatever else this young man is using. Can someone else translate and/or give a bit of his resume ?

I don't do Twitter or whatever else this young man is using. Can someone else translate and/or give a bit of his resume ?

He verbal committed to RU as a Preferred Walk on kicker. Becomes official when LOI is signed in early February. He appears to be a very good kicker and punter. Many D1 schools only give out PWOs unless it's a top 5 -10 kicker. The PWO will later get a schollie once they prove themselves.

Got touch backs on 50 out of 70 kickoffs last year, but it's from the 40 in high school so he'll need to hit the training room hard

This is the kicker from Bridgewater. I guess we finally came through with the offer he needed.

Welcome to the Banks, Justin!

Reactions: brodo
Got touch backs on 50 out of 70 kickoffs last year, but it's from the 40 in high school so he'll need to hit the training room hard

Those are some fantastic #'s right there and EVERY kid, during the transition from high school to college, "hits the training room hard" lol! Com'on now!

Those are some fantastic #'s right there and EVERY kid, during the transition from high school to college, "hit the training room hard" lol! Com'on now!
A 67 yard average is 2 yards into the end zone from college, almost always returned. Our kicking recruit barber or whatever (sob that went to UPS) for example had 73 yard average, I just want touch backs every time

OK, just watched his highlight reel (thanks for posting BTW). Nice leg, good FG kicking, good accuracy (though of course these are highlights), good height/distance on kickoffs, can make a tackle when needed, has some straight line speed on that trick play punting situation. Hard to assess his punting. Not sure if that's his strong suit.

A 67 yard average is 2 yards into the end zone from college, almost always returned. Our kicking recruit barber or whatever (sob that went to UPS) for example had 73 yard average, I just want touch backs every time

Once our team speed is increased, the coaches might not want it in the ensconce every time.

OK, just watched his highlight reel (thanks for posting BTW). Nice leg, good FG kicking, good accuracy (though of course these are highlights), good height/distance on kickoffs, can make a tackle when needed, has some straight line speed on that trick play punting situation. Hard to assess his punting. Not sure if that's his strong suit.

We are still looking for a punter.

Reactions: BufSldr43
As a Bridgewater-East alum, I'm thrilled to see the Panthers finally sending a player to Rutgers Football. Can't wait to see him earn a schollie and win the Groza.

Reactions: madchuck
Welcome Justin, and thanks for filling one of our greatest needs!

Cintron is on scholarship. I doubt they put another punter on scholarship simultaneously.

ADVERTISEMENT