ADVERTISEMENT

JY, Myles, Geo Next Year

Feb 23, 2020
For all the talk of and seemingly expectation of all three of these guys leaving, let's face it, none of them are going to the NBA next year. They would really have to turn their entire lives upside down if they want to start playing in some other part of the world, and none of them are likely to command a huge paycheck overseas immediately. And we all know Myles intention next year is not to play ball in Europe.

All three of them could frankly improve their potential NBA stock big time if they stayed at RU for one more year. To me, Myles and JY look primed to be first or second team Big 10 next year with another year of college ball under their belt. Can you imagine this team next year also with the anticipated evolution of Cliff and Jaden Jones? I think it would be Top 15 nationally easy.

No reason not to ball one more year at Rutgers and try to improve your draft stock.

Only one who even has a sliver of a chance coming back is Myles. Geo prefers to sell some shirts for $10 and JY is gonna make some pretty good money with his bro in china
You’re annoying bashing the kid every chance you get. Geo works his butt off to entertain you and I and can’t profit off a basketball camp. Whatever change he inspires, he won’t benefit from. You think you’re being totally logical and maybe you are to some degree, but you also display a severe lack of principles and empathy. You should work on that.

I think a 1st Team Big Ten JY in 2021-22 would be better for his long term career than balling in China next year. Not everyone wants to live in China. I sure wouldn't.
Its evident JY is kinda sick of the guys on this team haha. And hes gonna be with family in china. His shot at the nba is extremely slim so he’ll go make like $250k+/yr in china as pay is good there

You’re annoying bashing the kid every chance you get. Geo works his butt off to entertain you and I and can’t profit off a basketball camp. Whatever change he inspires, he won’t benefit from. You think you’re being totally logical and maybe you are to some degree, but you also display a severe lack of principles and empathy. You should work on that.
Theres a way to approach it and hes handling it like a complete immature baby. Im all for these kids being able to run camps and sell merch to make $. Theres just a way to go about it without having a tantrum

Theres a way to approach it and hes handling it like a complete immature baby. Im all for these kids being able to run camps and sell merch to make $. Theres just a way to go about it without having a tantrum
Not the time to fully get into this, but I wouldn’t blame him if he doesn’t want to come back to entertain fans like you. You well know that asking nicely often doesn’t get you anywhere. I bet you can be a squeaky wheel to get what you want, and I also bet you had a problem with Kap kneeling to bring attention to a topic he was passionate about. Same way people said there was a better way to ask for rights than civil disobedience back in the day. There’s no winning with conservatives who lack empathy, so he and his teammates said **** it.

Not the time to fully get into this, but I wouldn’t blame him if he doesn’t want to come back to entertain fans like you. You well know that asking nicely often doesn’t get you anywhere. I bet you can be a squeaky wheel to get what you want, and I also bet you had a problem with Kap kneeling to bring attention to a topic he was passionate about. Same way people said there was a better way to ask for rights than civil disobedience back in the day. There’s no winning with conservatives who lack empathy, so he and his teammates said **** it.
Politics ... that’s not allowed...

Why are you making this a political issue? It isn't. The only issue I even see at play is whether Baker can go run a basketball camp and get some money for it. NCAA should issue a narrow scope change in the rules and say yea, go ahead. However he can't use Rutgers name in anyway to sell it. He can just run a Geo Baker camp with no affiliation attached to Rutgers to market it.

Boom. Issue resolved.

Politics ... that’s not allowed...
Roberto...you do realize...we can go to your profile...and see all your political posts...which aren’t on the CE board....some tangential to politics....some direct....

Like I said not the day or time to fully get into this, I said my peace. Obvi you disagree by crying about the rules you constantly break lol.

Go RU

Oh goodie. Now a 3rd thread on Geo and this stuff. You guys are missing a great Gator vs. Vs. Tech game now in OT on a late 3 to tie with 1.4 secs left. 😀

Reactions: HeavenUniv.

You appear to have a lot of experience with this especially when you get super drunk at games and yell profanities at the other team or come to this board and wish injury on players. There's certainly a way to go about things in life.......perhaps starting with not being hypocritical.

Reactions: Raritan83 and RU23
Roberto...you do realize...we can go to your profile...and see all your political posts...which aren’t on the CE board....some tangential to politics....some direct....

Like I said not the day or time to fully get into this, I said my peace. Obvi you disagree by crying about the rules you constantly break lol.

Go RU
You can go and review all you wish but your post was political. Roberto was being sarcastic. Something that has been forgotten and especially here. Oh and you can lump in several hundred from the board posters who have done exactly the same. Get over it martyr you’ll live a more happy life.

Reactions: RU23
You can go and review all you wish but your post was political. Roberto was being sarcastic. Something that has been forgotten and especially here. Oh and you can lump in several hundred from the board posters who have done exactly the same. Get over it martyr you’ll live a more happy life.
Apologies, didn’t sense a lick of sarcasm there lol. Maybe that’s my fault, but I do think you could’ve made that more clear. Anyway don’t worry I’ll be plenty happy when RU wins tonight.

Only one who even has a sliver of a chance coming back is Myles. Geo prefers to sell some shirts for $10 and JY is gonna make some pretty good money with his bro in china

this...
and Myles ain't coming back... he's moving on with a bright future (just elsewhere.... with much love and respect all around...)

nope - all 3 gone..

Apologies, didn’t sense a lick of sarcasm there lol. Maybe that’s my fault, but I do think you could’ve made that more clear. Anyway don’t worry I’ll be plenty happy when RU wins tonight.
It’s nobody’s fault we have more pressing issues at hand and not only these games. It is all about using your public format in a good way and not alienating 1/2 the fan base . I support the action but someone should be using their education to present it in a much better way. The last time we had similar drama at Rutgers it’s leaders were skewered.

It is VERY important to mention no, not all of them and THAT'S a big part of the 'distraction' argument.

I have no doubt that all of them support his cause as they would all potentially benefit but it would seem more than half aren't in synch with his timing.

That's a problem when you're a team sport player.

Why are you making this a political issue? It isn't. The only issue I even see at play is whether Baker can go run a basketball camp and get some money for it. NCAA should issue a narrow scope change in the rules and say yea, go ahead. However he can't use Rutgers name in anyway to sell it. He can just run a Geo Baker camp with no affiliation attached to Rutgers to market it.

Boom. Issue resolved.

Can he charge $25,000 per kid and run it for the kids of Rutgers' 20 biggest donors? Can he say, "I'm thinking about coming back next year, but I'm not sure. It'll probably all depend on if I'm energized by how popular my summer camp is."?

Heres the way to handle. You literally lay out the other sides objections without disparaging them like hes doing, explain how those objections can be mitigated and then propose what youd like to see along with a coalition of other players. Oh yeah, and timing matters too.

not sure what “conservatives” has to do with this

Can he charge $25,000 per kid and run it for the kids of Rutgers' 20 biggest donors? Can he say, "I'm thinking about coming back next year, but I'm not sure. It'll probably all depend on if I'm energized by how popular my summer camp is."?

It is a can of worms that I don't think anyone has the right answer to.

That being said I think a solution that could be fair and make sense is this.

Treat student athletes like the medical research students that get a stipend from their various schools.

Each athlete gets a certain amount as a stipend. My thought is give the kid $15/hour for 40 hours a week. Instead of working a full time job they are getting compensated for their time.

If these kids walk away with $30k/year on top of their schollie, would that be fair compensation?

You appear to have a lot of experience with this especially when you get super drunk at games and yell profanities at the other team or come to this board and wish injury on players. There's certainly a way to go about things in life.......perhaps starting with not being hypocritical.
Haha I drink beers, bet on sports and yell at games and enjoy it. Geo has compared playing on a fully scholly and all the perks with it to modern day slavery and hates it. These are not the same

LMAO so there’s winning with liberals who lack empathy but not conservatives who lack empathy? You’re so soft that you had to stick a political comment in there. Sad

And guess what.. Kaep took the money and shut up so I guess he wasn’t too passionate about it...

LMAO so there’s winning with liberals who lack empathy but not conservatives who lack empathy? You’re so soft that you had to stick a political comment in there. Sad

And guess what.. Kaep took the money and shut up so I guess he wasn’t too passionate about it...
By and large leftists don’t lack empathy, they often have too much of it. Calling me soft for defending a player of ours who is constantly attacked by our conservative fans is soft. Kaepernick sparked a national dialogue about police brutality which was his goal and exposed conservatives for their cancel culture hypocrisy as an added bonus. As always there’s no winning with you people, so I’m with Geo, Myles, and co. **** it.

Reactions: gregkoko
By and large leftists don’t lack empathy, they often have too much of it. Calling me soft for defending a player of ours who is constantly attacked by our conservative fans is soft. Kaepernick sparked a national dialogue about police brutality which was his goal and exposed conservatives for their cancel culture hypocrisy as an added bonus. As always there’s no winning with you people, so I’m with Geo, Myles, and co. **** it.
“ with you people”...

Again he took the money and shut up which proved his whole charade was a joke... and yes you’re very credible when you state that one political party made up of tens of millions of people absolutely doesnt lack empathy, while the other party made up of tens of millions does. Hilarious.

Nobody canceled kaepernick he doesn’t play anymore because he sucks and is nothing more than a backup QB at best. The guy is a clown who wears his pig socks because he claims to be oppressed despite being raised by a rich white family. Outside of social media and some extreme race baiters hes nothing more than a comedian.

Last edited:
Again he took the money and shut up which proved his whole charade was a joke... and yes you’re very credible when you state that one political party made up of tens of millions of people absolutely doesnt lack empathy, while the other party made up of tens of millions does. Hilarious.

Nobody canceled kaepernick he doesn’t at anymore because he sucks and is nothing more than a backup QB at best. The guy is a clown who wears his pig socks because he claims to be oppressed despite being raised by a rich white family. Outside of social media and some extreme race baiters hes nothing more than a comedian.
Well people are allowing it to flourish .

Treat student athletes like the medical research students that get a stipend from their various schools.

Each athlete gets a certain amount as a stipend. My thought is give the kid $15/hour for 40 hours a week. Instead of working a full time job they are getting compensated for their time.

If these kids walk away with $30k/year on top of their schollie, would that be fair compensation?

The compensation is the scholarship. Under your model, you acknowledge they are already being compensated - the complaint is that the compensation isn't enough. And the players have an alternative option ... don't play college basketball and either pay their own tuition (and housing, and food expenses, and books) or enter the work force ... just like every other 20 year old in the country.

ADVERTISEMENT