ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas joining the arms race

My God they only removed the track around the field three years ago. The place looks like a 1AA facility.

long over due..

Look at what they have now:

MemorialStadium3.jpg

before they had a track which was removed.

You see? Things aren't only expensive in New Jersey. They're expensive in Kansas, too!

;)

(Yes - I know that the $300m price tag includes a new indoor training facility AS WELL AS the stadium renovation).

Great college town. One of my old clients went to KU. We would make a trip to see a KU football/basketball game yearly. We usually went to one of their away games (Texas, Oklahoma etc..) but got to Lawrence twice. Very cool layout. Fraternities are unreal. They had some big donors that were in an arms race to create the best frat houses. Phil Anschutz (billionaire) was a fraternity brother at my clients house. So they always had the biggest and best.

Most of the money at KU gets earmarked for the Basketball program for good reason. The Phog is insane

Wow, their stadium is smaller than hours and got lighting later than we did!

Aerial_View_of_University_of_Kansas_Stadium_08-31-2013.jpg

in 2024, the B1G will be the B18.
Oklahoma, Texas, Kansas, and one more school.

Reactions: LC-88
Great college town. One of my old clients went to KU. We would make a trip to see a KU football/basketball game yearly. We usually went to one of their away games (Texas, Oklahoma etc..) but got to Lawrence twice. Very cool layout. Fraternities are unreal. They had some big donors that were in an arms race to create the best frat houses. Phil Anschutz (billionaire) was a fraternity brother at my clients house. So they always had the biggest and best.

Most of the money at KU gets earmarked for the Basketball program for good reason. The Phog is insane

I was last there in '70 or '71. The Frat Houses were unreal back then. Really nice campus. 3.2 beer sucked.

I was there in September 2011 and was walking around their stadium while the team was practicing. The place was in real bad shape then. It was pretty clear that their program was suffering from years of neglect. The place was the worst college football stadium I'd seen since the old dump that UConn used to play in in Storrs before the new stadium was built in Hartford. Their basketball arena is also very old but drips with atmosphere and tradition. It looked like the Palestra on steroids.

KU could end up in the B1G. It's in the AAU. But not Oklahoma, which isn't and has no real hopes of getting in. Same with Florida State, I believe. Hopefully the B1G will have the good sense not to invite TX - they bring too much drama with them.

Football at Kansas is just an 8 or 9 week wait until basketball...

They will suck in the steer 12 or whatever conference they end up in...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT