ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas to the Big Ten? I'd prefer Texas A&M and Missouri.

16 teams is enough. Beyond that, it gets clumsy with scheduling. If anyone goes after Kansas, it could well be the Pac12, whose expansion options are somewhat limited by geography.

A&M and Mizzou are in the SEC already so there is no real reason for them to jump ship at this point unless they are trying to avoid being stuck with TX again.

God I hope not. They bring nothing. I'd rather Oregon, Washington, heck give me Cincy over Kansas.
That isn’t happening anytime soon. Notre Dame Oregon Washington sure maybe even Stanford and Cal but the Jayhawks? Naaaah

Steam from who?????
The next team that will join the Big Ten is ND. If they don’t join the league stays pay for now

rumors come alive once the expansion feeding frenzy starts.
The B1G Jayhawks is a rumor I expected to hear because I'm sure I heard it before and the move was claimed to be a lock.

Surprised USC and UCLA would come without some more west coasters. If any more come I would go for flagship U's, Oregon and Washington. Coast to coast gives you all day coverage and helps USC UCLA with travel.

Reactions: Knight Ed
Surprised USC and UCLA would come without some more west coasters. If any more come I would go for flagship U's, Oregon and Washington. Coast to coast gives you all day coverage and helps USC UCLA with travel.
a TKR poster said on one of the other boards here that the B1G wouldn't leave those two schools stranded out west without having other western programs come in with them.
I expect to see at minimum of 2 other PAC programs be poached, but nothing offered until the B1G knows what Notre Dame plans to do..

If anyone thinks Kansas will be offered, please click your heels a few times and see if that happens.

All I would say about this is to be careful of what you wish for. No one knows how all this will play out 3 or 5 years from now. To make assumptions that down the road RU is going to be in the highest tier of college football is not guaranteed. There will eventually be pressure from the powerhouse football programs ( which isn’t RU) in these top 2 or maybe 3 conferences for a larger share of the economic pie. Don’t assume that all programs are going to be treated equally even though they are in the same conference. Kind of funny that people are hammering a school like Kansas with a huge basketball tradition and their football program is certainly in the RU neighborhood.

Kansas would be terrible. Not happening unless it’s the only team willing to come after ND accepts. Otherwise, a very stupid move.

Reactions: wolve1972
Don't you love when idiots just make shit up and throw it against the wall?

Kansas is better at creating fake rumor hype than it is at football

Kansas’s best chance is as like a 22nd or 24th option.

UCLA and USC won’t be left on an island.
The question is "what is the magic size"? If its 20, when I think it will be ND, Washington, Oregon and Stanford. If its 24, then you look at Cal, Utah, Colorado seem likely and then decide what is value at 24th spot. That is what Kansas would fight for.

The B1G is going hard after ND and Stanford. Right now, the payout to each team in 2024 is estimated between $100 and 120 million and most of that is TV markets - the B1G hit the mother lode with USC and UCLA bringing in the Los Angeles market. ND is a national TV draw and Stanford pulls in the San Francisco - San Jose market. Plus, both schools are super academic schools.

Explain to me what value Kansas adds? The B1G won't add teams that don't add value and takes down what the other teams are pulling in. If the conference gets ND and Stanford, maybe (a big maybe) Washington (Seattle) and Oregon (Portland) are next - a big question mark (being rumored right now. But Kansas ?

16 teams is enough. Beyond that, it gets clumsy with scheduling. If anyone goes after Kansas, it could well be the Pac12, whose expansion options are somewhat limited by geography.

A&M and Mizzou are in the SEC already so there is no real reason for them to jump ship at this point unless they are trying to avoid being stuck with TX again.
nope. the big ten and the sec are each going to be a 24 or 28 team super conferences . they will be in a different division than the rest of the teams and the playoff teams will only come from these 2 conferences. The tv money the sec and the b10 teams will get will be more than the rest of the conferences combined

There are at least 20 teams I would want before I even considered Kansas. That would undue all the good that just happened yesterday. I cant even understand the logic of Kansas over the many other superior options. Hard to see anyone beyond Kansas and basketball fans (who cares in the scheme of realignment) thinking Kansas is a good idea

The B1G is going hard after ND and Stanford. Right now, the payout to each team in 2024 is estimated between $100 and 120 million and most of that is TV markets - the B1G hit the mother lode with USC and UCLA bringing in the Los Angeles market. ND is a national TV draw and Stanford pulls in the San Francisco - San Jose market. Plus, both schools are super academic schools.

Explain to me what value Kansas adds? The B1G won't add teams that don't add value and takes down what the other teams are pulling in. If the conference gets ND and Stanford, maybe (a big maybe) Washington (Seattle) and Oregon (Portland) are next - a big question mark (being rumored right now. But Kansas ?
You know I haven’t read a single post that states this will ruin college football. These super conferences will be all about the $$$, no complaints from me. But when a kid gets a couple of million people lose their minds😂😂😂

Kansas is better at creating fake rumor hype than it is at football

Kansas’s best chance is as like a 22nd or 24th option.

UCLA and USC won’t be left on an island.
Agreed. The dynamic has completely changed. KU lost all of its luster as an expansion candidate once the SEC took the OUT schools. Even before that, KU's only chance was as a paring with a much bigger name. Now, ND and whoever ND wants to bring is probably the next move. I think we are looking at the birth of the P2, BIG and SEC will eventually expand to 24 schools each. It appears that the BIG has decided on a western expansion strategy. Which means eating the PAC. My guess is the BIG expands in some sort of order: ND/Stanford; UO/UW; UA/Cal; UC/(UU/KU).

Kansas isn’t even a blip at this point. Dorothy has a better chance of getting the scarecrow a brain.

Why does Stanford deliver Bay Area eyeballs ? Elite privates aren’t the local favorites, with the possible exception of BYU and ND because of the religion tie. UNC fans outnumber Duke fans 10:1 in their state. Cal is the team to bring in. Recent success doesn’t matter (just look at us). Only reason to take Stanford is if that gets ND too.

Why does Stanford deliver Bay Area eyeballs ? Elite privates aren’t the local favorites, with the possible exception of BYU and ND because of the religion tie. UNC fans outnumber Duke fans 10:1 in their state. Cal is the team to bring in. Recent success doesn’t matter (just look at us). Only reason to take Stanford is if that gets ND too.
Your last sentence is why Stanford is a target. B1G gets Stanford to get to ND. B1G wants to checkmate ND into joining by taking away all of their historic rivals. If ND still declines after all that, then just go ahead and grab Cal to lock up the Bay Area along with Stanford.

Yes I agree with that. Was refuting the point others made that Stanford delivers that market. State schools have far more in-state students who stay in the area after graduating.

Reactions: GoodOl'Rutgers
ADVERTISEMENT