ADVERTISEMENT

Kante

Lawboy12007

Junior
Gold Member
Mar 15, 2021
Word out of Michigan is that Kante is hanging with Coach Howard at the Big House. If he doesn’t give a verbal this weekend we are still in it. Not looking good for RU. Let’s hope Gavin is more influential than Juwann.

Agreed.

Of course, I don't know anything but I agree anyway.

GIF by Paramount Movies

Reactions: KevH
Latest I saw back from a month ago, It was between Michigan, USC and Cincinnati. I think we were out of it for a while.

The dreaded “double secret silent verbal”…lol. Let’s just call it what it is… he must have just cashed the check.

A combination of rumors here and elsewhere, had us out of it weeks ago, and we didn’t even finish second

Never said i was a saint. All i know is Howard out of control. Throws punches at other coaches.
A great example for young men.And his time at Michigan as a player was supported by a drug dealer to bring in players.

Never said i was a saint. All i know is Howard out of control. Throws punches at other coaches.
A great example for young men.And his time at Michigan as a player was supported by a drug dealer to bring in players.
Kante wants the same thing Howard had, a long career as a big man in the NBA. Hard to blame Kante for going that way.

I doubt Howard's NBA pedigree had much to do with his decision. After all, we had a coach with a better NBA pedigree- player and head coach - and he wasn't much of a recruiter.

I doubt Howard's NBA pedigree had much to do with his decision. After all, we had a coach with a better NBA pedigree- player and head coach - and he wasn't much of a recruiter.
Howard was a much better NBA player than Jordan, is a much better recruiter than Jordan, and can teach a big man what to do to be succupessful in the league. And just last year he had freshman PF/Center Diabate, who is very similar to Kante, get drafted.

Howard was a much better NBA player than Jordan, is a much better recruiter than Jordan, and can teach a big man what to do to be succupessful in the league. And just last year he had freshman PF/Center Diabate, who is very similar to Kante, get drafted.
While all those are true, they are not really relevant to the point. If NBA pedigree were a big deciding factor, Jordan would have been a better recruiter. The fact that Howard is a better recruiter than Jordan can just mean he connects better with kids and works at a school with a much better hoops tradition than Jordan did. Jordan was an NBA head coach after all. And the last time Howard was a relevant NBA player todays recruits were just getting out of diapers. In 2007 he scored 1 pt/game for Dallas in 50 games played. And the best he ever did after that was 6 pts/game in 2009. None of todays recruits know him from his playing days.

Reactions: MiloTalon13
While all those are true, they are not really relevant to the point. If NBA pedigree were a big deciding factor, Jordan would have been a better recruiter. The fact that Howard is a better recruiter than Jordan can just mean he connects better with kids and works at a school with a much better hoops tradition than Jordan did. Jordan was an NBA head coach after all. And the last time Howard was a relevant NBA player todays recruits were just getting out of diapers. In 2007 he scored 1 pt/game for Dallas in 50 games played. And the best he ever did after that was 6 pts/game in 2009. None of todays recruits know him from his playing days
What do you mean the best he ever did was 6 points a game?? He averaged over 17 points a game in 9 different NBA seasons, with a high of 22 points a game in 1995. He was one of the best big men in the game during his career.

I meet lots of Michigan folks in southwest Florida. For Michigan folks, the same enmity exists between Michigan/Michigan State that exists for Virginia folks between UVa/Va Tech. Class warfare.

I know many expect Clif to shoot up 2023 NBA Draft boards but there is a good chance he's still here in 2023-2024.

I would imagine that's a fairly significant factor in recruiting an elite F/C.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT