ADVERTISEMENT

Kareem Walker Leaving Mississippi State

Yes kid follows Partridge to Michigan ... then follows Partridge to Ole Miss... wish some others would see the light.

Partridge went to Ole Miss to work with Lane Kiffin.

Walker is at Mississippi State who fired their coach and hired Mike Leach. Walker doesn't fit into Leach's offense.

Why is everybody jumping on this kid? What did he ever do to hurt or interfere with the lives of the grown men on this board? So he is not the greatest RB, I get it, however, I also trust Greg Schiano and his staff and if they want to bring him in they have their reasons, if not, then I wish him success, health, and happiness in his life on and off the field.

Why is everybody jumping on this kid? What did he ever do to hurt or interfere with the lives of the grown men on this board? So he is not the greatest RB, I get it, however, I also trust Greg Schiano and his staff and if they want to bring him in they have their reasons, if not, then I wish him success, health, and happiness in his life on and off the field.
It’s not jumping on this kid it’s attempting to understand why once again he is leaving a program without really playing. If it’s not academics and it’s not...There evidently is a lack of desire to play especially if they named him “spring game “ captain... Is that part of the EVERYONE gets a trophy crew? Walker had all the physical assets yet, like Savin Huggins at Rutgers , he didn’t achieve what a 5***** looks like consistently... Huggins is doing fine in life and I hope Walker does as well.

Last edited:
He’s just a guy trying to do the best for himself. Can’t blame him. Easy to spout being a team player from your sofas but it’s his life he should continue to follow his dream of being a starter somewhere than so be it, you only get your 4 years to play College ball in your whole life. Geez

This is his 5th season post H.S. He is not 17 anymore he is an adult (22-23 ) educated man. Sometime you have to admit to oneself , “ hey this isn’t me”... the issues today are the excuses being made for why life has been unfair and cruel to everyone... That is totally an untrue fact but it’s become the mantra... People for thousands of years have been treated unfairly... lives not working out the way they should... I wish him a great life but it may not be D1 football ...Most times it is the fault of the individual... As a former Rutgers player said,” you make your own luck.”..Pretty sharp guy and those are words to live by.

This is his 5th season post H.S. He is not 17 anymore he is an adult (22-23 ) educated man. Sometime you have to admit to oneself , “ hey this isn’t me”... the issues today are the excuses being made for why life has been unfair and cruel to everyone... That is totally an untrue fact but it’s become the mantra... People for thousands of years have been treated unfairly... lives not working out the way they should... I wish him a great life but it may not be D1 football ...Most times it is the fault of the individual... As a former Rutgers player said,” you make your own luck.”..Pretty sharp guy and those are words to live by.

And by transferring he is trying to make his own luck.

Reactions: miket007
I feel this way . If Greg wants to bring him in and he can win games for us , great. Otherwise Kareem who ??

I’m not gonna air this kids family's dirty laundry In public. But be sure it's not just your normal poor kid ,single parent life is so hard story. It's unique enough that ESPN wanted to do a 30 for 30 type documentary about his life when he was a senior in HS.
wish him luck and think maybe he should consider a change to defense.. 6-1.. 220.. could be a safety.

As many as he wants. He can transfer every year if he wants to. If a team is willing to take him.
Not really... maybe 1 more team then it’s off to the reality world...I don’t root for this kid since he turned his nose up to us back in 2016... Tired of the Rutgers whine , ” well he’s doing what’s best for himself “... Oh and I don’t care that Ash was here and that’s the reason... Schiano won’t get them all but he will certainly get more than the past 4-5 years.

Not really... maybe 1 more team then it’s off to the reality world...I don’t root for this kid since he turned his nose up to us back in 2016... Tired of the Rutgers whine , ” well he’s doing what’s best for himself “... Oh and I don’t care that Ash was here and that’s the reason... Schiano won’t get them all but he will certainly get more than the past 4-5 years.

The current team has about 7 guys who did the same thing. Good thing you are not in charge of making those decisions......lol

I'm glad we have Dwumfour, Singleton, Haskins, Langan, Burke, Lewis.

How about you, are you glad....lol

Reactions: Kbee3
There is no baseball what so ever in Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia. Thailand sporadically fields a national team and compete in the SE Asian games and actually entered the World Baseball Classic in 2013 led by Johnny Damon who I believe his mother is Thai. The lost both their qualifiers to Philippines and New Zealand by a combined score of 20-4.
Vietnam has made attempts to organize a national baseball program but it's not catching on. Their only attempt was a entry in the 2011 SE Asian Games which was not too successful. They lost to Philippines, Indonesia and Thailand by a combined 37-0 and getting only one hit total in three games. They did beat Malaysia 10-4 to get a spot in the bronze medal game but lost to Thailand 12-4 and only got 1 hit in that game.
Soccer, badminton and table tennis are still kings with basketball catching up.
LOL. One hit but 4 runs? I guess there were a lot of fielding errors & walks.

Concerning Walker, when reading the article, I thought "what a waste", but after reading vkj's post, I hope Walker finds some success in his last year of eligibility (can't see him having 2, although with 2020, maybe). Sometimes circumstances don't help and him staying at a Leach air raid program probably wasn't conducive to getting carries. As a power back, he needs loads of carries to be effective, wearing down the defense & gaining loads in the second half of the game. Good luck to Kareem & good job in getting a degree (although it's only Miss St 😄 ).

Reactions: colbert17
The current team has about 7 guys who did the same thing. Good thing you are not in charge of making those decisions......lol

I'm glad we have Dwumfour, Singleton, Haskins, Langan, Burke, Lewis.

How about you, are you glad....lol
The point is and I still maintain this that as a 5***** athlete he did not work hard... there are many more that don’t ... the level you play at dictates what you either do or don’t do in order to be successful...As far as I know on these aforementioned ... under Schiano you worn hard or you try a different endeavor.

It’s not jumping on this kid it’s attempting to understand why once again he is leaving a program without really playing. If it’s not academics and it’s not...There evidently is a lack of desire to play especially if they named him “spring game “ captain... Is that part of the EVERYONE gets a trophy crew? Walker had all the physical assets yet, like Savin Huggins at Rutgers , he didn’t achieve what a 5***** looks like consistently... Huggins is doing fine in life and I hope Walker does as well.
I already explained why he’s leaving but people are ignoring it. There is no place for a power RB in their new system. He went to State to play in Moorhead’s system and was doing very well in it.

Sure. First, people here obviously didn’t read the article. He’s not lazy, his teammates voted him spring captain because of his work ethic. The pirate loves him, just no room for a power back in his O. They wanted to move him to safety. He hasn’t played defense since the 7th grade. He’s a good kid who grew up in a less than perfect situation. I get people will knock his lack of productivity because of his lofty ranking, HOWEVER, in my opinion he’s a college football success story. He going to graduate from college in two months and will probably end up with a masters once he transfers again. Take away his HS support team plans football and he’s probably dead or in jail based on family history. We should be looking at him as a success story even if he didn’t live up to his lofty rankings.

Thanks for sharing VK. If I recall correctly from his recruitment, his father died when he was a child and he’s actually from Irvington?

In the new offense at Rutgers, which type of running back works the best—a big power running back or a smaller quicker RB? Or doesn’t it matter? And yes, I know regardless of the RB, we need better blocking.

Thanks for sharing VK. If I recall correctly from his recruitment, his father died when he was a child and he’s actually from Irvington?
Yes in Irvington. No on timing of his dads death

In the new offense at Rutgers, which type of running back works the best—a big power running back or a smaller quicker RB? Or doesn’t it matter? And yes, I know regardless of the RB, we need better blocking.
Either could work but you better be able to catch and run good routes.

That article really sums his career up nicely. Glad he ended up there vs some school in La nobody ever heard of.

I saw Walker play in high school. By his senior year he was done. I seem to recall him taking some big hits / injuries, but I could be wrong. Some kids peak early, some later. You always want the kids that peak later.
If I remember correctly, he was offered by OSU early and committed (maybe junior year) and then OSU pulled the offer in his senior year. He just basically peaked early

If I remember correctly, he was offered by OSU early and committed (maybe junior year) and then OSU pulled the offer in his senior year. He just basically peaked early
Not the case. He committed to OSU then flipped to Michigan. I’ve explained in detail in this thread about his college career so far. He didn’t peak in HS, I actually like him in this offense if he stays healthy.

Imagine walking away from a full ride and degree from Michigan, even less Mississippi State, to now your 4th school or South Alabama. Yikes.

I wish him all the luck for a great season. I always felt he looked like a young Eric Dickerson. However he ran too tall but didn't have the leg strength to break out of the tackles. Took a lot of big hits from the likes of SJR & Bosco.

Reactions: vkj91
I wish him all the luck for a great season. I always felt he looked like a young Eric Dickerson. However he ran too tall but didn't have the leg strength to break out of the tackles. Took a lot of big hits from the likes of SJR & Bosco.
This. He was never smart about avoiding contact. His first setback at Michigan was a concussion. He lost his helmet during a drill but kept running and took someone on squared up.

Sure. First, people here obviously didn’t read the article. He’s not lazy, his teammates voted him spring captain because of his work ethic. The pirate loves him, just no room for a power back in his O. They wanted to move him to safety. He hasn’t played defense since the 7th grade. He’s a good kid who grew up in a less than perfect situation. I get people will knock his lack of productivity because of his lofty ranking, HOWEVER, in my opinion he’s a college football success story. He going to graduate from college in two months and will probably end up with a masters once he transfers again. Take away his HS support team plans football and he’s probably dead or in jail based on family history. We should be looking at him as a success story even if he didn’t live up to his lofty rankings.
VK- thank you for sharing some thoughtful insight. So many "fans" are Al Bundy types and have an opinion that is usually not based on facts or anything positive at all. Almost feels like some people just want kids to fail if they decide to take their football elsewhere. Pretty pathetic.
If this young man ends up with a degree and working on a masters- you are correct- it is a major success in a yung man's life. He has worked hard to have this opportunity in life and has found a way even during tough times to come out ahead of life. Good for him.
Stop ....He was not known as a worker when at Michigan...spring captain? He’s leaving the school so what’s with that... The excuse about his tough life can be the story for many. Great that he’s graduating but it wasn’t his academics that were questionable. It was his inability to reach his athletic prowess. From what we understand it was a major concern. Nobody said he’s not a success just that he did not work hard on the playing field.
See above

Except he already graduated. So he’s not walking away as much as walking towards a masters. Not bad for a kid whose family historically never made it past middle school.
Where did he graduate from?

Not the case. He committed to OSU then flipped to Michigan. I’ve explained in detail in this thread about his college career so far. He didn’t peak in HS, I actually like him in this offense if he stays healthy.

OSU soured on Walker before he "flipped" to Michigan because of behavior on a visit.

OSU soured on Walker before he "flipped" to Michigan because of behavior on a visit.
Fake news.
He never officially visited OSU. He unofficially visited, I know who brought him on that trip and zero chance he would have even been given the chance to act badly around that person. . Late October OSU coaches were still visiting him at school and he decomitted early November.

Fake news.
He never officially visited OSU. He unofficially visited, I know who brought him on that trip and zero chance he would have even been given the chance to act badly around that person. . Late October OSU coaches were still visiting him at school and he decomitted early November.
You just keep ruining a good story with facts. You know, this board doesn’t like that. Lol

seriously, some people act like a kid that commits elsewhere, stole their baby

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT