ADVERTISEMENT

KC Keeler

Aug 19, 2007
Why is he not a prime candidate for some of these top jobs? Wins everywhere he goes. I think Temple should be all over him. Currently has Sam Houston 12-0.

Reactions: madchuck
Listen, the man can coach but look at his starters right now and I'd bet they had better offer lists and probably higher rankings than ours. I watched them play last year and it seems like half his starters were from the SEC.

I've wanted Keeler when Schiano left. Guy can coach and always gets good play out of his quarterbacks. He would win here but we ever look his way.. Hopefully Temple doesn't get em -because that would be another good coaching hire by them

Listen, the man can coach but look at his starters right now and I'd bet they had better offer lists and probably higher rankings than ours. I watched them play last year and it seems like half his starters were from the SEC.

if that's the case why can't Rutgers get transfers and JUCO's. I understand transfers can play right away in FCS but Keeler always seems to win. In fact he took a Pittsburgh castoff, Flacco, and turned him into a first round draft pick. Imagine if we had Flacco instead of Teel.

Temple should look at him. He has area roots that can help him. He also will fit into the budget they have (Rhule made $1.5 mil)

His coaching career included:
Rowan - 5 Division 3 Championship appearances
Delaware - 3 1AA/ FCS championship appearances (1 win)
Sam Houston St - 2 FCS semifinal appearances and what ever he does this year.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K._C._Keeler

Reactions: tico brown
if that's the case why can't Rutgers get transfers and JUCO's. I understand transfers can play right away in FCS but Keeler always seems to win. In fact he took a Pittsburgh castoff, Flacco, and turned him into a first round draft pick. Imagine if we had Flacco instead of Teel.
We can get transfers. We have discussed a billion times why we have a hard time with JUCO's. Their Pt credits don't translate.
As for Keeler...yrar one he brought 15 transfers in SHS. This year his QB is a transfer and 2 of his 3 top RB's are transfers as well

Last edited:
K.C. killed it every place he Coached. Staring with Rowan and almost always getting to the final 4 in the Div. III playoffs. There to meet Mt. Union,Wisconsin Whitewater etc.

I hope K.C. is ready to Keel over in Harrisonburg tonight!

“It’s a hostile environment. Even the band will cuss at you. It’s classic; we’re warming up and that band is just cursing at us and my guys are looking like, ‘this is the band?’ Yeah, just wait until you play the team.”
-K.C. Keeler, UD Review, Sep 28, 2010

#KCandtheMarchingDukesBand #GoDukes

I hope K.C. is ready to Keel over in Harrisonburg tonight!

“It’s a hostile environment. Even the band will cuss at you. It’s classic; we’re warming up and that band is just cursing at us and my guys are looking like, ‘this is the band?’ Yeah, just wait until you play the team.”
-K.C. Keeler, UD Review, Sep 28, 2010

#KCandtheMarchingDukesBand #GoDukes

AHH love this quote. No doubt JMU football would have beaten RU this year - here's to hoping that skill shines through tonight.

Reactions: OTBOTOR
The game isn't as close as the score would indicate...2 special teams TDs. Punt return, punt block. Party time in Harrisonburg.

Now it's:
James Madison 65
Sam Houston 0

3 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter.

Why the dislike towards K.C.Keeler?
What did he do to piss RU fans off :confused:

Why the dislike towards K.C.Keeler?
What did he do to piss RU fans off :confused:

RMed and OTBOTOR are JMU alumni. I was just watching the game with no rooting interest.

Yeah, for us JMU fans it's old CAA hate from the years Keeler was HC of the Delaware Blue Chickens. He's a pompous prick. Takes all the credit for the wins, pours some whine out of the K.C. Keeler Excuse Generator when he loses. Even Delaware fans/admin hated him. He's kind of like Harbaugh, but not very good, and more orange. So yeah, screw that guy.

Daughter went to Delaware when Keeler was there; stepdaughter at JMU at the same time. Keeler wore out his welcome at UD.

Saw this on the internet regarding Keeler's compensation. Is it comparable to Drew Mehringer's? Keeler could help pull together a competitive roster and knows something about offense.

"K.C. Keeler is in the $250,000 range at Sam Houston State."

ADVERTISEMENT