ADVERTISEMENT

Kenny Britt On "Hollywood And Football" Now (9-10pm Wed.)

RutgersRaRa

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Mar 21, 2011
Was flipping channels after watching PSU lose to George Mason in MBB, and I see Britt is featured. Interesting show so far, as it's about life in LA with football buddies, wives, and that Kendra is his neighbor and stops by to visit Kenny and his wife. It's on the E! channel.

I was able to watch it on the Xfinity TV app. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Reactions: RutgersRaRa
After airing the first two episodes about 3 weeks ago, the show was on hiatus until a few days ago when E! aired the final 4 episodes. So my guess is that the show had poor ratings and will not be back for a second season. Kenny has two brothers that stayed with Kenny and his wife for the summer. The younger brother has NFL aspirations, but got kicked off his college team for an unspecified reason. The other brother is hoping to be a fashion designer (yes, he's gay.)

Reactions: RutgersRaRa
Kenny Britt reminds me of the great line from the Bronx Tale. "The saddest thing in life is wasted talent, and the choices you make will define your life forever"
The guy was and is a beast. With focus he could have been a Hall of Fame player.

Kenny Britt reminds me of the great line from the Bronx Tale. "The saddest thing in life is wasted talent, and the choices you make will define your life forever"
The guy was and is a beast. With focus he could have been a Hall of Fame player.

I don't know about HOF - that's rarified air - but great player absolutely!

Show was ok - I will say The 1 episode I watched Britt comes off as a stereotypical jock who only knows football and leaves the running his life to his wife and everyone else.

I don't know about HOF - that's rarified air - but great player absolutely!

Show was ok - I will say The 1 episode I watched Britt comes off as a stereotypical jock who only knows football and leaves the running his life to his wife and everyone else.
Besides Anthony Davis, easily the most talented player out of Rutgers during the Schiano era and at a skill position. Ray Rice did so much more with less.
Has/had HOF talent. Wasted his early years in the NFL.

Besides Anthony Davis, easily the most talented player out of Rutgers during the Schiano era and at a skill position. Ray Rice did so much more with less.
Has/had HOF talent. Wasted his early years in the NFL.

Really think you are overestimating who he could have been. RR was def talented - if you want to say Britt was more so then that's fine. Here is Britt's write up before the NFL draft - looks like the experts felt like he was certainly talented, but not all world or HOF potential according to what was written about him:

Britt decided three years in Piscataway was enough after a junior season that saw him become the conference's all-time leading receiver (3,043 yards). The third-team Associated Press All-American and first-team All-Big East pick helped the Knights win seven consecutive games to end the 2008 season, concluding with the Papajohns.com Bowl win in which he made six catches for 119 yards and the go-ahead score. Despite a lack of straight-line speed and a history of dropped passes, Britt's size and toughness put him among the top receiver prospects in this draft. Had an arm span of 34 inches and a hand span of 9 inches at the combine.

Really think you are overestimating who he could have been. RR was def talented - if you want to say Britt was more so then that's fine. Here is Britt's write up before the NFL draft - looks like the experts felt like he was certainly talented, but not all world or HOF potential according to what was written about him:

Britt decided three years in Piscataway was enough after a junior season that saw him become the conference's all-time leading receiver (3,043 yards). The third-team Associated Press All-American and first-team All-Big East pick helped the Knights win seven consecutive games to end the 2008 season, concluding with the Papajohns.com Bowl win in which he made six catches for 119 yards and the go-ahead score. Despite a lack of straight-line speed and a history of dropped passes, Britt's size and toughness put him among the top receiver prospects in this draft. Had an arm span of 34 inches and a hand span of 9 inches at the combine.
Part of that draft preview was his lack of effort at Rutgers. And please don't confuse my comment about Ray Rice as lack of respect. It's actually a huge complement. He did so much more with less. If Britt worked like Ray he could have been a HOF type player. Total stud. Bad focus. Off field problems

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT