ADVERTISEMENT

Kevin Malast and his brother:

Didn't know the story before. Puts into perspective that all these guys have challenges and lives outside of football that can focus or side-track them. Seems like Kevin has channeled his brothers challenges positively and they sound like a real stand-up, classy family.

I may get the quote wrong a bit,but I think Kevin said something like "To me, Rutgers IS Miami."
Yes, the way I remember it someone asked either Kevin or a family member why he committed so early. And the reply was similar to what you wrote.

The State of New Jersey/ N.J. State Police or disability insurance from them should cover needs like this for life for someone
who is this severely injured on the job.

But a State Police helicopter was sent to pick up Kevin at Rutgers?

Reactions: Dr. Potato
The State of New Jersey/ N.J. State Police or disability insurance from them should cover needs like this for life for someone
who is this severely injured on the job.

But a State Police helicopter was sent to pick up Kevin at Rutgers?

It's not clear from the article that he was injured on the job.

It's not clear from the article that he was injured on the job.

"(WTXF) - It’s more than ten years since an on-duty New Jersey state trooper was paralyzed from the neck down in a crash.

Brian Malast was on patrol in his marked State Police vehicle on Oct. 23, 2005. He was airlifted to Cooper Trauma Center where doctors and other medical personnel saved his life, but Malast was left paralyzed."

http://www.fox29.com/news/155989699-story

Reactions: Scarlet1984
"(WTXF) - It’s more than ten years since an on-duty New Jersey state trooper was paralyzed from the neck down in a crash.

Brian Malast was on patrol in his marked State Police vehicle on Oct. 23, 2005. He was airlifted to Cooper Trauma Center where doctors and other medical personnel saved his life, but Malast was left paralyzed."

http://www.fox29.com/news/155989699-story

Thanks. Didn't see that in NJ.com article

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT