ADVERTISEMENT

Kia Vaughn retires….

Fitting that she and Fowles retire together. Kia really had her number during their time facing off against each other in college. I sure miss those days of meaningful games for RU on the national stage….

Best wishes to Kia in her next phase. She had a very nice WNBA career. I think she’s the last RU player to retire from that era. (Oops, Piph is still playing! Thanks ScarlettK80).

Last edited:
Reactions: gigantor1024
Congrats, Kia. You were a class act on, and off the court. I think Epiphanny might be next. Truly hope they, mostly Piph stay the F away from Russia, forever. Kia's other standout moment was her truly tear jerking shellacking of Imus

Reactions: ecojew
Great career all the way to end. Very happy for Kia and wishing her all the best in her future endeavors. So proud of her!

Reactions: ScarletDave
A career worth praising and as a person as well
Best to Kia and her future endeavors

Yes, all the best to Kia.

Piph is indeed nearing the end of her career as well. Wheeler, and especially Copper and Laney, continue to represent Rutgers well.

My thoughtful post was lost! Ugh.

Popped in to write that Kia Vaughn is my all-time favourite centre. She was a really, really good college player and was outstanding during her Euroleague MVP year going against the superstars. Late last year, she seemed to develop a severe case of the yips. She did not score well this year but appeared to be a fairly reliable rebounder. I expected the retirement after last season but am glad she ended her career on a team that is not the Mercury.

Congrats to Kia. One of my all time faves at RU. A dominant force in her tenure here

Fitting that she and Fowles retire together. Kia really had her number during their time facing off against each other in college. I sure miss those days of meaningful games for RU on the national stage….

Best wishes to Kia in her next phase. She had a very nice WNBA career. I think she’s the last RU player to retire from that era. (Oops, Piph is still playing! Thanks ScarlettK80).

that Semifinal vs LSU was epic

Reactions: eso1989
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT