ADVERTISEMENT

Kids Zone at Football Games

TrueRU

Senior
Gold Member
Feb 4, 2004
I am bringing my young boys (5 and 2) to the 1st home game against Howard and I had thoughts of not doing our typical tailgate and instead heading over to the Kids Zone/Block R Party/Food Truck area.

Has anyone done this before? I was thinking we could just hang out and eat there before the game. Any feedback is appreciated.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
I think it's what you make of it. I've done it multiple times.
For example you could:
Get there 2:40 before game and watch Scarlet walk by statue. Cheerleaders, band, team walking through hedges is likely all very cool for the 5 yr old.
Right after, go across street to athletes Glen to watch drum line for about 15 minutes.
Now it's like 2:00/1:50 before game, sit down with subs you bring or stuff you buy and eat and/or put kids on bouncy things or enjoy the other little things they have for the kids like sand art, tattoos, kid games. Other than eating I could easily have my kids entertained for a solid hour.
With eating time included, now you're basically 30 minutes before game, so go head inside before the rush, get the kids bladders empty and you'll be in seat right before kickoff!
Enjoy!!

Reactions: MrsScrew and ATIOH
I think it's what you make of it. I've done it multiple times.
For example you could:
Get there 2:40 before game and watch Scarlet walk by statue. Cheerleaders, band, team walking through hedges is likely all very cool for the 5 yr old.
Right after, go across street to athletes Glen to watch drum line for about 15 minutes.
Now it's like 2:00/1:50 before game, sit down with subs you bring or stuff you buy and eat and/or put kids on bouncy things or enjoy the other little things they have for the kids like sand art, tattoos, kid games. Other than eating I could easily have my kids entertained for a solid hour.
With eating time included, now you're basically 30 minutes before game, so go head inside before the rush, get the kids bladders empty and you'll be in seat right before kickoff!
Enjoy!!
You must have pretty tolerant kids, personally, I can't get more that 30 minutes out of the area. It's boring.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT