ADVERTISEMENT

Kirby Smart done hiring Rutgers staff?

Mr_Twister

Heisman Winner
Apr 1, 2004
I do not watch the Paul Finebaum Show every day. Has Finebaum, who takes every opportunity to slight the Big Ten, fired off any salvos at national champ Georgia head coach Kirby Smart for bolstering his staff with Rutgers’ Fran Brown and Aaron Mannicci?

I do not watch the Paul Finebaum Show every day. Has Finebaum, who takes every opportunity to slight the Big Ten, fired off any salvos at national champ Georgia head coach Kirby Smart for bolstering his staff with Rutgers’ Fran Brown and Aaron Mannicci?
Of course he attacks the B1G. Look at who his bosses are.

His callers are out of their minds. He does get some good interviews with sportswriters from around the college landscape.

Reactions: HeavenUniv.
Remember that Finebaum is a Tennessee guy who has had to fluff Bama and LSU and Georgia for decades while the Vols flounder. And we know what Vols fans thought of Schiano.. the jackholes that they are.

Reactions: HeavenUniv.
Finebaum is a douche who looks like the Great Gazoo from the Flintstones. Nobody in the B1G GAS or GAF what he says.
I liked this post, primarily for the Great Gazoo reference. Thanks!

latest

Finebaum’s audience far exceeds anyone’s on the Big Ten. A great interviewer, who lands great guests. The Big Ten Network needs a recognizable personality in the worst way.

Reactions: RUaMoose
'Splaining a joke or analyzing it is like kissing your sister: I might enjoy it - but you shouldn't!

MO
You miss the point again... but, whatever.. as it stands on its own.. "Does He know the answer?" ain't much of a joke. We have no idea who "he" is supposed to be, for example. It much more easily reads as if you misinterpreted knightfans comment about Finebaum.

So, wasn't asking you to explain the joke nor suggesting you explain the joke in the first place. I was saying you should write a better joke as that one failed. Not picking on you, just thought you should know why it failed.

You miss the point again... but, whatever.. as it stands on its own.. "Does He know the answer?" ain't much of a joke. We have no idea who "he" is supposed to be, for example. It much more easily reads as if you misinterpreted knightfans comment about Finebaum.

So, wasn't asking you to explain the joke nor suggesting you explain the joke in the first place. I was saying you should write a better joke as that one failed. Not picking on you, just thought you should know why it failed.
@GoodOl'Rutgers The set up for my comment was a comment that Finebaum graduated the year before the "What's a Rutgers" game took place. My comment implies that YOU (the reader) understand the angst of being a Rutgers fan while taking a jab at the pompous Tennessee homer. As for your critique and suggestions: seriously- don't!

Critiquing jokes, malapropping or using the Glida Ratner character that went on a rant for seemingly countless chunks of time and then let the audience in on the fact that she didn't understand the question is funnier that the autopsy of a joke that bombed....or was critiqued to death!

But this mini didactic on joke writing while not funny is content that few can Rival...or would want to Rival.

Bottom line...let's move on!

MO
PS Is this the 5 minute critique or full session?

Last edited:
This is a weird thread on many different levels. So... I kind of like it. 😃

ADVERTISEMENT