ADVERTISEMENT

Kiy Hester back on Rutgers football team, will not play at FIU

Hester in my eyes was our biggest playmaker in the secondry last yer. Can someone explain why he is fighting for a starting job and was apparently passed over by KJ Grey?

That is a statement, he is still enrolled and still on scholarship, assume he did not pay his way through the sumer, he is just back for his 4th year.

I could say i am moving to the riviera, it doesnt mean i have moved.
The Riviera? Don't

tell me that Hotel is still around. Located at the foot of High st. and Clinton Ave. in Newark.Owned by Father Divine at one time.Was right across the street from Smith Funeral Parlor,where I saw my first dead person. A South Side H.S. Football player who suffered a fatal head injury on NOV.11,1941.Very sad story.He was a hemopheliac who forged his parents signature so that he could play FB.Received a head injury and bled out 3 days later.God Bless you Walter where ever you are.

Last edited:
Notice none of them have posted in this thread. Go figure. Yet had he decided to go to FIU, they would have been all over it, LOL.

I am glad he’s back. I didn’t think hunt had enough info to speculate and thought that article was bs. But he was right and hopefully Hester helps.

I am glad he’s back. I didn’t think hunt had enough info to speculate and thought that article was bs. But he was right and hopefully Hester helps.

The mods on the premium sites had the story 3 days before Hunt reported it. That article was no BS .

Reactions: -RUFAN4LIFE-
The mods on the premium sites had the story 3 days before Hunt reported it. That article was no BS .

Well, hunt must be a premium subscriber. Still not sure how regurgitating someone else’s rumor is good reporting. But glad to have Hester back! He has the block R tat on his forearm.

Hester in my eyes was our biggest playmaker in the secondary last yer. Can someone explain why he is fighting for a starting job and was apparently passed over by KJ Grey?
He has an injury which hampered him the latter half of the season last year; to be 100% will require surgery.

Well, hunt must be a premium subscriber. Still not sure how regurgitating someone else’s rumor is good reporting. But glad to have Hester back! He has the block R tat on his forearm.

I’m sure they all look at each other’s sites. And they all have Hester’s cell phone going back to his junior year at DePaul.

He probably wasn't authorized to release the news until RU made an announcement so he had to play dumb.

Reactions: MADHAT1
He probably wasn't authorized to release the news until RU made an announcement so he had to play dumb.
I think you hit the nail on the head.
Hunt has reported about RU FB for years.
Before working for the Star-Ledger, with his recruiting blog, Todd covered RU for one of the boards for years and you can bet he forged enough relationships to be given sensitive information and honored any agreement about not using it until the proper time.

How do you know he has has the same cell number?

Don't need it for those of us that were on the board that he posted under the screen name Powerful. He was great to chat FB with even when he blew up on covering RU recruiting for the Star Liar/NJ.com.

There are several other well respected members on this board that can confirm what Madhat1 wrote if you don't want to believe me.

I'm felling Gucci about this one. Did I use that in a sentence right or am I showing my age?:) Hey is triggered still a word, I just learned that one a month ago and I think it's already out of vogue.

I'm felling Gucci about this one. Did I use that in a sentence right or am I showing my age?:) Hey is triggered still a word, I just learned that one a month ago and I think it's already out of vogue.

Hester's younger brother Quayson Alexander (sp?) is still on the Nebraska roster, pretty sure he is an OLB. Not sure if he's on the 2 deep yet. Can't find a Phil Steele mag anywhere, which has an early 2 deep for all teams. Will probably get it online I guess.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT