ADVERTISEMENT

KJ Gray and DeVera dismissed from team

Must have been something serious, if Ash still has to recruit the younger Devera and speak with the parents after kicking the older son off the team. That’s gotta be awkward.

Yeah I think that recruitment is likely over. Probably not very welcome around the house after you kick big bro off the team.

You know what it sucks that we suck and we are dismissing good players because they violate team rules, but we get attacked and piled on by the public and the press for sucking, just once it would be nice if Sargent or whoever at NJdotcom said at least Ash is doing things proper and dismissing these players regardless that it is gonna make us worse, it would be a slap on the wrist at ND, PSU, or Michigan... James Franklin helped his players cover up a rape!

It's a good point. But historically Rutgers has dismissed many from the team for very good reasons. Eventually it comes out why and almost everyone agrees. I don't think Rutgers ever kicks out a good player for marginal reasons.

So it's obviously not that bad a violation if he is going to go play somewhere else

NJ.com reads these boards and get their article ideas right from the threads here.

If Ash was to discuss public why they were release, he can. But if you don't know, you don't really need to know.

Besides it doesn't even matter at that point, what's done is done.
I agree and don't even know as much as I hate losing DeVera !!I'd rather let it go..

KJ Gray gave Ash a lot of praise on his twitter post. Don’t know what they did but I’m guessing it wasn’t missing a class or two

KJ Gray gave Ash a lot of praise on his twitter post. Don’t know what they did but I’m guessing it wasn’t missing a class or two
No it’s not that simple, but will say it’s not sexual assault, don’t want people jumping to that

Guys: based on what I’ve heard they had to be kicked off THIS team and out of THIS program. Very likely they would be kicked out of many other programs but there alsowould be some programs willing to keep them around. That’s all I’m going to say.

Good to see Gray’s comments re: Ash.

Without saying what the rumor is, could someone who knows what it is say if they think it's the kind of thing that the players can come back from? Possibly be reinstated down the line if they do and say the right things. Thanks.

If there's a possibility of reinstatement you get suspended not kicked off the team.

NJ.com reads these boards and get their article ideas right from the threads here.

If Ash was to discuss public why they were release, he can. But if you don't know, you don't really need to know.

Besides it doesn't even matter at that point, what's done is done.
You know what it sucks that we suck and we are dismissing good players because they violate team rules, but we get attacked and piled on by the public and the press for sucking, just once it would be nice if Sargent or whoever at NJdotcom said at least Ash is doing things proper and dismissing these players regardless that it is gonna make us worse, it would be a slap on the wrist at ND, PSU, or Michigan... James Franklin helped his players cover up a rape!

You have no idea what the players did and can’t say it would have been a slap on the wrist at other programs. Sh@@t happens., you have to deal with it but we are not at the level of programs you mentioned to afford such outcomes.

O well same sh*t different year. There's always a couple dumbasses in the room. Who moves to safety now? Our strong back four just got weaker. This being a Rutgers fan stuff is really starting to suck.

They better have alleged to have done some type of serious crimes, otherwise this is BS. We aren't competing in the Patriot League, we need to grow up, running a squeaky clean program will guarantee we will be a B1G bottom feeder for years to come. I am sick of losing by 50+ points to our division rivals, but feeling superior because we run a clean program. I will take a little dirt at this point if it means actually fielding a competitive team.

They better have alleged to have done some type of serious crimes, otherwise this is BS. We aren't competing in the Patriot League, we need to grow up, running a squeaky clean program will guarantee we will be a B1G bottom feeder for years to come. I am sick of losing by 50+ points to our division rivals, but feeling superior because we run a clean program. I will take a little dirt at this point if it means actually fielding a competitive team.
Agreed with the idea, but in this case there is nothing Ash could have done.

Bama kicked a guy off yesterday..it happens...if you establish rules to be on the team and guys break them and you look the other way you
risk losing proper control...

I love all the "insiders" here who say they know what the rumors are but refuse to divulge any information. Yet, at the same time, they continue to comment here cloaked with innuendo. To me, these are the most irritating types of people. "Look at me, look at me, I know what the allegations are! I'm an 'insider,' but I can't divulge any information."

What a crock of sh*t. You're not that important.

I love all the "insiders" here who say they know what the rumors are but refuse to divulge any information. Yet, at the same time, they continue to comment here cloaked with innuendo. To me, these are the most irritating types of people. "Look at me, look at me, I know what the allegations are! I'm an 'insider,' but I can't divulge any information."

Well they seem to be important to you. LOL.

Don't worry it'll come out. Right now 2 families and 3 thousand friends of the players all know what is going on. I can't but be public soon.

As for who knows but is keeping quiet. No one wants to burn their sources.

Besides if you donate enough money the coach will call you with the news himself. So there's that option.

Well they seem to be important to you. LOL.

Don't worry it'll come out. Right now 2 families and 3 thousand friends of the players all know what is going on. I can't but be public soon.

As for who knows but is keeping quiet. No one wants to burn their sources.

Besides if you donate enough money the coach will call you with the news himself. So there's that option.

Your smug post couldn't make my point persist any more.

I (and others) know exactly what happened (just like we knew everything that was going on under Floid), HOWEVER, when you give your word not to reveal details, YOU KEEP IT, until the time is appropriate. Period.

Last edited:
Your smug post couldn't make my point persist any more.

Well Tony I guess upping your donation is out as a option huh?

We should break our word given to not release details about a not yet public issue because it hurts your feelings? Sorry, that's not gonna fly.

The rumour on Reddit CFB is PEDs. No idea if this is true. Just saying what the rumour on reddit is.
This is a strange one. But I think it has to be academic related. Like not going to class, cheating, failing grades. Two of the three get you suspended, just one demands immediate expulsion.

It will come out soon, so why would we burn the people who told us early? All of the rumor posts are in response to other people speculating, saying “maybe they’ll come back” or “other schools wouldn’t do this” nobody is saying “I know and you don’t haha”

The rumour on Reddit CFB is PEDs. No idea if this is true. Just saying what the rumour on reddit is.
given what Rutgers just came thru on this stuff and the weed/testing infractions and NCAA, this would be the one to tie Ash's hands fer sure. We're still under probation a year? BUT I know nothing here.

Stupid post. Flood did just that and cut corners, and now you guys bitch about him for 3 years. You people are just miserable about everything

If you think keeping these two players was going to make RU way more competitive this coming season you're sadly mistaken.

In most cases, by the time a player is kicked off a team he has been given at least one maybe two warnings depending on the severity of the violation. It's up to the player to make the right decisions after that.

Additionally, you run the risk of losing the locker room if these players are kept on the roster. It tells the rest of the team that they can be undisciplined and there are no consequences.

Reactions: RU#1fan and satnom
The fact that Kenny Britt never got in trouble while he was on the team, or at least was never publically reprimanded or punished, is one of the things that I consider to be a miracle from up on high.

We never talk about it on here -- maybe because it's an inconvenient truth, maybe because people aren't aware? But Kenny runs with a ROUGH crowd, till this day. And he's high profile enough and successful enough to know better. Somehow he stayed out of trouble on the banks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT