ADVERTISEMENT

KJ Gray and DeVera dismissed from team

RU205 said:
"Somehow" Britt, Rice and the other stars from a winning team didn't get in trouble while at RU, but once they went to the NFL they did. Schiano learned at PSU and Miami how to cover up the problems so he could win by keeping his star players on the team. This is what good coaches from successful programs do. Look at PSU and what they covered up. That's why they win.

Ash needs to do this, and he should have learned this from Urban. He needs to keep the best players on the field to build depth and a program
This may be one of the smartest posts I ever read on this board.
These might be the dumbest and second dumbest posts I have ever read on this board.

GO RU

Reactions: hoquat63
Right because these were all-Big Ten players who are irreplaceable...rofl.

Gray was a good player who maybe would emerge as a solid starter player this season. Maybe not since I heard somewhere that Damon Hayes was being moved to safety to compete with him as well as provide depth. We are deep at LB so the JUCO transfer will probably see more time at safety now than the hybird role he was slated to play.

Considering I already said we are deep at LB can you explain exactly why Devera's loss is even a blip? He's on the two deep coming out of the spring. No guarantee he holds off Battle in training camp for that spot and with a senior starter who doesn't come off the field much how much of an impact was Devera going to have again?

Stop with the sky is falling routine Chicken Little.
Devera had good instincts as a Frosh.. one could assume that he would improve as he got bigger/faster. Whatever it was that got him kicked got him kicked. So I won't call it a "loss". But its also no reason to ignore that he looked pretty good.

Not sure why anyone is comparing to Flood. Flood is long gone.

Because people are praying Ash is able to turn things around when it reality anything less than 5 wins this season truly means no progress at all. The pressure should be on Ash now.

Not sure why anyone is comparing to Flood. Flood is long gone.

He is long gone..unfortunately, the program took a big dive under his tenure here. It was tarnished and that perception has been hard to overcome. In order to sell this program, Ash is trying to turn around that perception and has a pretty tall task ahead of him. Others have suggested here that Ash hide issues like this to keep athletes here. That is what Flood did and look what happened to the program.

Reactions: -RUFAN4LIFE-
If there's a possibility of reinstatement you get suspended not kicked off the team.

Come back? From *suspension*, yeah. Dismissal, OTOH, seems like a pretty permanent thing.

If you google "college football player dismissed and reinstated" there are a few examples of this happening. Maybe there are details in each case that separate them from this situation, but in the world of sports, I rarely take anything to be permanent.

Just some quotes I parsed from Reddit:

It's not violent or at least directly drug related (have heard nothing of drugs) and I won't comment further on the nature of it except.....

It's the type of thing that Ash could not control.
You're gonna be upset when you find out how stupid this is.
It's bad but so stupid because it wasn't some emotional action it was something where every step of the way they had to go 'let's do the stupid thing'

If you google "college football player dismissed and reinstated" there are a few examples of this happening. Maybe there are details in each case that separate them from this situation, but in the world of sports, I rarely take anything to be permanent.

Considering how many kids get suspended these are more the exceptions but you are correct in that it does happen.

The RU experience has typically been what I originally stated.

Not claiming to be an insider here, a friend told me a buddy of his reached out to him when this was announced, said they would be dismissed at any school.

Last edited:
How many more dismissals are we expecting now? Anyone know?

This has gone from bad to worse pretty quickly.

They failed GYM....

no seriously stop trying to guess, whatever you can think of is way worse than what actually happen.

Give it a rest and move on.

Anything's possible, but I won't hold my breath.

Wow.

Maybe they will release the new, exciting (unlikely) 2018 uniforms now to distract us.

Found the new uniforms..

mens-prison-jumpsuit.jpg

I am hearing reports that we are still going to win the games we're supposed to win, and lose the games we're supposed to lose.

It’s been a couple months since Rutgers was the only school to get any extended national attention on Stupid infractions. Time to adopt the UNC model Pat !

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT