ADVERTISEMENT

Knight Court video of the ladies

Talking about Tasha, I assumed she would be a lot more animated on the bench. Maybe because she always has the mask on you can't hear her. Same with the 2 other assistants.
Any comments?

Talking about Tasha, I assumed she would be a lot more animated on the bench. Maybe because she always has the mask on you can't hear her. Same with the 2 other assistants.
Any comments?
I noticed the same thing last year with Michelle and Nadine. I've also been curious about that. Seems like a lot of programs are operating that way these days. IDK, maybe it's about having one voice, less confusion, avoiding the too many chiefs, overexcited, disorganization perception.

I'll tell you though,....that is not the UConn bench. They are all yelling instructions throughout the game.

I kinda lose track but, how long has this "coach huddle-up" for the first half of the timeout to share their thoughts been in vogue? The last 5 years? 10 years?? Seemed like, IIRC, in the old days, coaches conversed for maybe 5 seconds and then the HC started talking to the team drawing up plays.

I noticed the same thing last year with Michelle and Nadine. I've also been curious about that. Seems like a lot of programs are operating that way these days. IDK, maybe it's about having one voice, less confusion, avoiding the too many chiefs, overexcited, disorganization perception.

I'll tell you though,....that is not the UConn bench. They are all yelling instructions throughout the game.

I kinda lose track but, how long has this "coach huddle-up" for the first half of the timeout to share their thoughts been in vogue? The last 5 years? 10 years?? Seemed like, IIRC, in the old days, coaches conversed for maybe 5 seconds and then the HC started talking to the team drawing up plays.
While it is fairly recent that the coach's confab lasted so long, the truth at Rutgers was that, for many years, Vivian didn't do it. At all, to my recollection. It was only in her later years that she consulted. I think this was typical for many old school coaches, although I think I remember that Pat Summitt did consult.

ADVERTISEMENT