ADVERTISEMENT

KnightLine WRSU 88.7 - After Game

Did Mike from West Orange call in, blaming this loss on Pike's inability to recruit a 2nd big man that wouldn't get hurt? :>)

• Haha
Reactions: Scangg
I was siting in football end zone about 20 years ago and talked to this RU fan. I realized he was Skip from Elizabeth, since I called WCTC also. Just from his voice. Think Skip became sick and did not call anymore.

Oh yes that jerk who called for decades. No way was he a Rutgers fan. Never had ANYTHING good to say. And he was always the first or second caller which means he never went to the games, because for many years almost no one had a mobile phone. And he used that stupid phrase over and over—“ The fact of the matter is...” Ugh

Reactions: RocktheRac
Wish I saw this yesterday. I would have called in for a good rant lol. They do this after every game sounds like?

Top 10 farces, somewhere behind the Remember the Titans game with the phantom hold calls

I was siting in football end zone about 20 years ago and talked to this RU fan. I realized he was Skip from Elizabeth, since I called WCTC also. Just from his voice. Think Skip became sick and did not call anymore.
Skip was a long time basketball season ticket holder with his father.I always enjoyed talking to him prior to games which has been many years ago.

OMG, he was the most negative human being I have ever encountered.
That guy was such an ass. Used to drive me crazy how much air time he got. It went on for years. He started every call like this:

"Let me tell you fellas - RU can never compete in the Big East.......they will never compete in big time sports - trust me they will never compete....."

Sad but he is probably dead by now...

John's line on WCTC Knightcap. Neil.... the fact of the matter is,,,,,,

I sat in the next section in 203 from Skip. He lost it the last year Hill was coach. He yelled so sound he turned red with veins popping out. I remember before a foul shout when it was quiet he yelled out... Hill you totally destroyed this program . Never saw him after that season.

Love the WRSU theme song too.

I always enjoyed hearing Skip call in. He was a good fan. If he did get sick, is he still alive and still a fan. Chicago the barber always called in as well.

Reactions: shields
John's line on WCTC Knightcap. Neil.... the fact of the matter is,,,,,, I remember before a foul shout when it was quiet he yelled out... Hill you totally destroyed this program . Never saw him after that season.

Love the WRSU theme song too.

The WRSU "Knightline" theme song is "Dr. Music" by The Peppers (1975). Credit goes to my good friend and former WRSU program director Mike Blishak who chose the music and organized and hosted the first Knightline panel discussion just before the undefeated and Final Four season of the the 1975-1976 Rutgers Men's Basketball team began. "Knightline" for Rutgers football began with the 1977 season. Those "Knightline" calls in the undefeated season sometimes extended to 3:00 a.m. into the morning after games. By the way, the song is meant to "intro" the hosts into the show. I noticed they let the song play all the way out - not quite how it was meant to be used but very happy to see it is now a tradition that stretches out over 45 years!

That guy John from South Brunswick used to go to the games way back when Tom Young was coaching. And he hated Tom with a passion. He would stand in the lobby of the RAC just completely ripping Tom to shreds. The greatest coach this program ever had (when Pike gets us to a Final Four he can take over the title) and that clown thought he was horrible

Reactions: shields
ADVERTISEMENT