ADVERTISEMENT

Knights of The Raritan announces football partnerships and updates

RUJON

All Conference
Gold Member
Jun 23, 2001
In the spirit of keeping folks up to date we're announcing deals with five football players, Al-Shadee Sallam, Willie Tyler, Nasir Montgomery, Amir Byrd and Jamier-Wright Collins.

The players announced the deals yesterday on their social feeds.

This on the heels of our announcement supporting Paul Mulcahy and his Grateful4 Foundation.

For those interested in a tax-deductible donation, our 501-C3 arm is expected to be up and running in a few weeks. There will be a minimum donation amount required to be eligible. Contact me at jnewman@hodgespart.com if you want more information.

We are also finalizing plans for a corporate membership program for companies/businesses who want to create partnerships with student athletes and spread their investment over the course of the year. This is somewhat similar to our individual membership but with different monthly spending levels and business-focused memberships. You can also reach out to me if you or someone at your business is interested in that.

Happy to answer (most) questions.

Best,

Jon

No response since 1:51 PM. I see most of us are about as interested in this NIL fiasco as I am.

I'm watching closely and waiting for 501c3 rollout

I would have expected some questions, comments, something in 7 hours.

Anyway maybe I should just stay away instead of shitting up this thread more.

I just can't see any way I'm going to convince myself to give money to some kids who are playing a game and getting a free education. Maybe someone like LeGrande or just a guy with a story that shows character in the face of tragedy I'd be interested in helping. But some coddled varsity athlete playing B1G football? Nah.

How about this - we set up an investment in college players and get a piece of their salaries if they make it big. I might sign on for 1% of a possible pro contract for a agreed upon donation.

I would have expected some questions, comments, something in 7 hours.

Anyway maybe I should just stay away instead of shitting up this thread more.

I just can't see any way I'm going to convince myself to give money to some kids who are playing a game and getting a free education. Maybe someone like LeGrande or just a guy with a story that shows character in the face of tragedy I'd be interested in helping. But some coddled varsity athlete playing B1G football? Nah.

How about this - we set up an investment in college players and get a piece of their salaries if they make it big. I might sign on for 1% of a possible pro contract for a agreed upon donation.
There's an idea in here. NIL deals that are investments in players who promise a % of their pro earnings... to give back to the NIL fund. Maybe it can become a self funding model.

Reactions: newell138
ADVERTISEMENT