ADVERTISEMENT

Know Your Knights | Souf Mensah

Welcome to Rutgers, Souf--

You're young, you're at a university where you can get a terrific education, you're playing a game you love at the D 1-level. Work hard and enjoy the ride!

Cool video. Would have liked to see more clips of him actually playing but I assume that's by design.

Anyone been able to watch him in practice or hear anything about how he's progressing?

Per Coach Pike on Mensah several months ago:

- He's fast as hell
- He's built like a rock
- He's a pass 1st Point Guard
- He's a terrific locker room guy
- He's 6'2" 220lbs
- He's from France and speaks 5 languages

Reactions: RUnTeX
Per Coach Pike on Mensah several months ago:

- He's fast as hell
- He's built like a rock
- He's a pass 1st Point Guard
- He's a terrific locker room guy
- He's 6'2" 220lbs
- He's from France and speaks 5 languages
He'll make Sanders better too by battling him in practice, maybe help him with trash talking in a few different languages too[winking]. I like us mixing it up with the other team--as long as we don't get T's.

Here's the thing, and I'm sure I'll get crucified for it. I expect nothing out of him. Just 10 solid leadership minutes off the bench (since we lack guard depth without Nigel). 3ppg, 2assts.

If he's better than that, and I hope he is, my predictions for the team go up a bunch more. Here's hoping the kid plays like a 23 year old. He sounds like a great guy.

Here's the thing, and I'm sure I'll get crucified for it. I expect nothing out of him. Just 10 solid leadership minutes off the bench (since we lack guard depth without Nigel). 3ppg, 2assts.

If he's better than that, and I hope he is, my predictions for the team go up a bunch more. Here's hoping the kid plays like a 23 year old. He sounds like a great guy.
Phila - you may be right but I think the attributes that he brings to the team - defense; leadership ; pass first PG; terrific teammate etc - is exactly the opposite of what Nigel brought to the team - which should be (hopefully) a good thing.

This program is shaping up to be something special. Great kids!

Battle, Knights.And Souf.

10 min/g sounds about right, Sanders, Williams, an Baker will get the majority of minutes at the guard spots, plus Thiam will get minutes. There is just not enough minutes to go around.

The new adidas uniforms are a massive massive upgrade over last years. The black letters on the red jersey were so bad.

Phila - you may be right but I think the attributes that he brings to the team - defense; leadership ; pass first PG; terrific teammate etc - is exactly the opposite of what Nigel brought to the team - which should be (hopefully) a good thing.

From the clips I've seen and by the description, he seems like a combination between Beatty/Mike Coburn. Both were under appreciated in their time @RU imho

Reactions: RULowBrass2010
Last year I was looking forward to the season with a new coach and staff. It ended up being an enjoyable season, first in a while.

This year I am looking forward to both new players and how the returning players have developed.

Things are looking up here.

Reactions: Big East Beast
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT