ADVERTISEMENT

Olympic Sports Korsak named Ray Guy Award POW/Big Ten Co-Special Teams POW

ChrisNalwasky

All American
Staff
Mar 25, 2018
PISCATAWAY, N.J. (Sept. 13, 2021) – After posting career bests with a 52.2 average and 51.7 net in the win at Syracuse, Rutgers football punter Adam Korsak earned Big Ten Co-Special Teams Player of the Week on Monday. The Scarlet Knights rank second nationally with a net punt of 50.7 through two weeks.

Korsak pinned 5-of-6 attempts inside the 20 at the Carrier Dome with four attempts of at least 50 yards. That included a 69-yarder, seventh-longest in program history, that settled at the 1. RU registered a net advantage of 28.3 yards over the Orange in the punt game.

The Aussie holds three of the top-five best punting average seasons in school history, resetting the Rutgers net punt season record the three previous years. He is averaging 43.6 yards per punt, second in the RU record book, on 208 career attempts. Korsak has booted 36 at least 50 yards, 10 of 60 or more yards, and pinned 83 inside the 20 with only five touchbacks (2.3 percent).

A four-time member of the Ray Guy Award watch list, Korsak claimed national punter of the week following the win over Temple. He is fourth nationally with a 50.2 average so far in 2021.

Rutgers (2-0) returns home to host Delaware on Saturday at SHI Stadium. Kickoff is set for 3:30 p.m. on Big Ten Network and the RWJBarnabas Health Rutgers Sports Network.

He is likely to be our MVP in pretty much every game all season long. Big time talent. A field position weapon.

I was going to blast RU for not mentioning this week's other co-winner, but Iowa did the same thing in its release.

https://scarletknights.com/news/202...-ten-co-special-teams-player-of-the-week.aspx

https://hawkeyesports.com/news/2021/09/13/taylor-named-b1g-co-special-teams-player-of-the-week/

I understand that university P.R. department's are designed to promote its own players, but to omit the name of the co-winner because he attends another school is ridiculous. It's like reporting on a horse race that ends in a two-horse dead heat, but only mentioning one of the horse's names that finished tied for the win.

Well done
if you add Korsak’s yardage to our offensive stats we look like a powerful offensive team. Field position and turnovers have been and may be our best bets for winning. Personally, I think we have a chance to win any of the remaining games with our defense, special teams and turnovers. I predict we will upset at least one of the big 4.

Gotcha. Interesting that a pair of Aussies won it.

My initial reaction was who could have possibly matched Korsak, but damn that other punter was right there with him. Call it "Aussie Punter Week"

Ray Guy Award POW!

PISCATAWAY, N.J. (Sept. 14, 2021) – Rutgers football punter Adam Korsak earned the Ray Guy Award Punter of the Week once again, the Augusta Sports Council announced Tuesday. The Aussie claims the national honor for the fifth time in his career and for the second-straight week.

In the win at Syracuse, Korsak posted career bests with a 52.2 average and 51.7 net. The Scarlet Knights registered a net advantage of 28.3 yards over the Orange in the punt game, ranking second nationally with a net punt of 50.7 through two weeks.

Korsak pinned 5-of-6 attempts inside the 20 at the Carrier Dome with four attempts of at least 50 yards. That included a 69-yarder, seventh-longest in program history, that settled at the 1. The performance also merited Big Ten Co-Special Teams Player of the Week.

The Aussie holds three of the top-five best punting average seasons in school history, resetting the Rutgers net punt season record the three previous years. He is averaging 43.6 yards per punt, second in the RU record book, on 208 career attempts. Korsak has booted 36 at least 50 yards, 10 of 60 or more yards, and pinned 83 inside the 20 with only five touchbacks (2.3 percent).

A four-time member of the Ray Guy Award watch list, Korsak collected national punter of the week following the win over Temple and three times in 2019. He is fourth nationally with a 50.9 average so far in 2021.

Rutgers (2-0) returns home to host Delaware on Saturday at SHI Stadium. Kickoff is set for 3:30 p.m. on Big Ten Network and the RWJBarnabas Health Rutgers Sports Network.

National Punter of the Week...but only co-special teams player of the week in-conference.

The Big Ten "little brothered" Rutgers yet again. It's starting to look deliberate.

Look at what the other guy did and it's not a travesty. Both were amazing performances.

Reactions: GoodOl'Rutgers
I'm curious as to whether Korsak has permission to punt it any way he sees fit given what he sees before the snap. His punts often look off almost like he shanked it. But they turn out to be perfect. Like the one against Syracuse that was a line drive over the returner's head.

if you add Korsak’s yardage to our offensive stats we look like a powerful offensive team. Field position and turnovers have been and may be our best bets for winning. Personally, I think we have a chance to win any of the remaining games with our defense, special teams and turnovers. I predict we will upset at least one of the big 4.
beaced Like Upset

ADVERTISEMENT