ADVERTISEMENT

Kudos to Ash

CapeKnight

Freshman
Jul 31, 2008
I'm 61 years old and when I started my career I worked for an incredibly successful individual who grew his enterprise from a few employees in the late 1970s to what is today a large and highly profitable public company. While we didn't always see eye-to-eye, early in my tenure he said something that has stuck with me my whole life. He told me it's a wise man who knows what he doesn't know. I'd like to think that Chris Ash has also learned this lesson, which would explain his decision to hire Jerry Kill.

A lot of us on this board chastised Greg for being arrogant and a micro-manager. If the Jerry Kill hire comes to fruition, let's congratulate and celebrate our head coach for being secure enough in his own abilities to know what he doesn't know.

Go RU!

While I agree it's a great hire, I think you are being a little too harsh on Schiano. His budget for OC was less than what we pay assistants (position coaches) today. He did pretty well considering that.

This is important for Ash because he needs to find success quicker than Schiano did. He needs people that have already made the mistakes he is going to make. Hopefully Kill can help in that regard.

ADVERTISEMENT