ADVERTISEMENT

Kyle Dobbins announcing commitment tonight at 8 PM

ScarletArmor

Junior
Jun 20, 2017

Has offers from Army, Boston College, North Carolina, Northwestern, NC State, Temple, Virginia Tech, and Rutgers

Nice offer list. I'll die if its NC State. This dude is already recruiting.

Reactions: BlockR
If it's BC or NC State this board is going to have a meltdown.

Really hope we get this guy!

Just saw that and one is last night and in today. Stranger things have happened but seems like he's RUs.

hummm yes it just switched to 50/50 .... this morning's "RU" remains - and yesterday's "RU" just changed to Temple @6/20/17 6:10PM

Last edited:
I feel like a penn state fan, but I feel like recruits that end up going to temple or Boston college just aren't that important to ash. A Rutgers insider saying he's going to temple before the announcement makes me think he came here to prove himself to Rutgers and ultimately we said we like you but we don't accept your commitment at this point and if that's not good enough, we'll go to temple where they're happy to accept you now.

I feel like a penn state fan, but I feel like recruits that end up going to temple or Boston college just aren't that important to ash. A Rutgers insider saying he's going to temple before the announcement makes me think he came here to prove himself to Rutgers and ultimately we said we like you but we don't accept your commitment at this point and if that's not good enough, we'll go to temple where they're happy to accept you now.
Ru is in no place right now to take that approach. Doubtful that played out two days before a planned announcement,recruit the kid to this point,have him make RU his last visit before announcement to tell him..never mind we really dont want you...

A Trifecta
1.DINucci
2.Robinson
3.Dobbins
Don't add or change anyone on the staff HC Ash for Recruiting!

Reactions: RU31trap
Turning down the #1 RB from the home state? We better be in it for a big time recruit if that's true. Is Stevie Scott that much better?

Well .... the next 7 months will be interesting - certainly if it is a case where RU was not willing to say 'let's make this a firm commitment right now' - then the only logical explanation would be that there are some prime prospects in the incubator and Ash was not willing to play the yes-then-no game ...and burn bridges

Turning down the #1 RB from the home state? We better be in it for a big time recruit if that's true. Is Stevie Scott that much better?
We are.
Well right on then.

Screen_shot_2012-05-10_at_4.38.30_PM.png

Ru is in no place right now to take that approach. Doubtful that played out two days before a planned announcement,recruit the kid to this point,have him make RU his last visit before announcement to tell him..never mind we really dont want you...

LOL. That's is EXACTLY what happened. Kid wanted to make his commitment and Ash told him he can't accept it, but if he waits, then it's possible. Kid took the bird in the hand.

You have no idea what you're talking about brotha. None.

LOL. That's is EXACTLY what happened. Kid wanted to make his commitment and Ash told him he can't accept it, but if he waits, then it's possible. Kid took the bird in the hand.

ok...keep taking that spin to the bank while RU is currently last in B10 in recruiting..#76 nationaly..

ok...keep taking that spin to the bank while RU is currently last in B10 in recruiting..#76 nationaly..

I find it hard to believe Rutgers grads are this slow...

I mean I get it, I know you know, but you enjoy this.

I know it's hard to know who is tied in and who is not on this board.

He's kind of small, which is okay but I get the feeling like if they can't get that clement talent level where you say whatever he's that good, they are looking for a big back like Stevie Scott or graham roberts (who I guess was their first choice). This coaching staff just doesnt want a smaller back with marginal talent and I completely support that.

Don't dignify BlockR with a brotha. I schooled him bad today and he is looking worse with every post. F him.

Reactions: RUonBrain
He's kind of small, which is okay but I get the feeling like if they can't get that clement talent level where you say whatever he's that good, they are looking for a big back like Stevie Scott or graham roberts (who I guess was their first choice). This coaching staff just doesnt want a smaller back with marginal talent and I completely support that.

How come noone was saying this kid had marginal talent and was garbage when they thought he was going to commit to RU?

ADVERTISEMENT