ADVERTISEMENT

ladies soccer

briano25

Senior
Oct 5, 2008
My cousin just accepted an offer from Rutgers. 10th grader (yeah, she's a phenom) . I guess we are Rutgers fans now. Is the program any good?

Originally posted by briano25:
My cousin just accepted an offer from Rutgers. 10th grader (yeah, she's a phenom) . I guess we are Rutgers fans now. Is the program any good?
Yes, and getting better, as we had - arguably - the best true frosh keeper in the nation this past season (Casey Murphy..she also made the U-20 national team roster). Had a great inaugural season in the B1G, going 8-4-1 in conference play, finishing 4th (13 teams), prior to being upset by 5th seed Iowa. Play to the 2nd round in the NCAA's losing to eventual finalist Virginia.

Congrats and, hopefully, welcome!

Originally posted by briano25:
Congrats! Your cousin is a smart kid too so she will enjoy the academic atmosphere at Rutgers too. The women's soccer team represents the university well while in school and afterward (e.g., Carli Lloyd).

It's a very good program with a bright future. Your cousin will be getting to RU in what, 3 seasons? If things continue on the the present course the squad should be a preseason top 25 team virtually every year, with some years finishing up in the top 10.

Here is the link to the announcement of her accepting the Rutgers offer. Looks like an exceptional talent with a lot of speed and can also play in the back.

This post was edited on 2/1 9:03 AM by RAA-1

Link

ADVERTISEMENT