ADVERTISEMENT

LANGAN

brookdale-soda

All Conference
Oct 4, 2010
Gotta give the kid some credit. He played hard and made some plays with only 2 days to prepare. I think he fits this offense and overall team talent better than Art. He can be a bruising runner and can throw enough to move the chains. He completed some downfield throws. Maybe more than Art compared to the number of reps he had, as ugly as they looked.

The offense saw some 3rd and short yardage finally.

There's enough to work with for the short term. Tough kid. Seems like a leader.

--------
RU-Maryland (2019)
Langan: 13-25, 163 yds, 1 rushing TD, 2 INTs, put offense in field goal position twice, many 3rd down short yardage situations
Team Rushing: 151 yds rushing

RU-Maryland (2018)
Sitkowski: 2-16, 8yds, 4 INTs
Team Rushing: 171 yds

If the defense came to play yesterday, this could have been an improvement over last year.

Last edited:
People on here are bashing him. The kid could someday be a great QB, but how would you know when the O-line gets pushed back into the QB on every play. He is running for his life on every play. Rutgers horrible O-LIne has wrecked every QB at Rutgers in the last five years. When the new coach is hired priority number one should be on recruiting a big-time O-line.

Give him a full week to prepare before we judge. Having basically two days to prepare and losing your top receiver/rb the night before would affect any qb, especially one that’s never played college football.
His arm strength and motion will improve by next week... I doubt it.
He may be the most functional for our horrid talent... that’s how bad we are

People on here are bashing him. The kid could someday be a great QB, but how would you know when the O-line gets pushed back into the QB on every play. He is running for his life on every play. Rutgers horrible O-LIne has wrecked every QB at Rutgers in the last five years. When the new coach is hired priority number one should be on recruiting a big-time O-line.
Lol
He can’t throw... he does a good job for a kid who can’t throw... props to him, he will never in one million years be a great QB,

Reactions: RM60
In what world is he going to be a great QB? He played with toughness but he can’t throw. I don’t know why we took him from BC. I thought he would have moved to TE by now.

Reactions: scarlet_upstate
His arm strength and motion will improve by next week... I doubt it.
He may be the most functional for our horrid talent... that’s how bad we are
Functional is the operative word. Occurred to me the other week, this offense isn’t even a functional offense. We’re so far behind that we shouldn’t even be concerned with motion and mechanics. At this point we just need someone who can move the line of scrimmage forward.

Gotta give the kid some credit. He played hard and made some plays with only 2 days to prepare. I think he fits this offense and overall team talent better than Art. He can be a bruising runner and can throw enough to move the chains. He completed some downfield throws. Maybe more than Art compared to the number of reps he had, as ugly as they looked.

Took some big hits today and bounced back. Played tough but he’s got to learn to protect himself a little better. Teams are only going to get bigger, faster and stronger.

Pretty crummy way to talk about a kid who actually showed up and played gritty for his team when others took a knee. Not a good look, IMO
Yea, yea... a Rutgers Football sports forum is an awful place to talk football... you can just ignore the fact he can’t throw if you want.
Never questioned his toughness or dedication, that’s a different thread

Well this thread reminds me on how Sit was complained about last year and still some not happy with Artur this season.
Nova, Teel and Savage were complained about often while they were the RU QB.
Laviano & Cubit seemed not to be able to do anything right according to this board and Gio just wasn't a good one, but tried.

The thing is, when the team is a loser, starting QBs are fair game like the HC of that team.
Making the complaint about them personal is wrong but judging talent is a message board
right .

Well this thread reminds me on how Sit was complained about last year and still some not happy with Artur this season.
Nova, Teel and Savage were complained about often while they were the RU QB.
Laviano & Cubit seemed not to be able to do anything right according to this board and Gio just wasn't a good one, but tried.
This is unusual?
It’s a sports forum, you think we’re unique or something.

He transferred because BC was moving him to TE, clearly he’s not going to become a great QB

This is unusual?
It’s a sports forum, you think we’re unique or something.
nope not unusual at all.
It's a message board right know as:
You have the right to complain about anything and everything> especially when your team sucks

No one is saying he's going to be the next Tom Brady. He completed deep balls, somehow more than Art has. Not sure how. And he can run. Its acollege football team. The talent is what it is at this point. I'd rather have a miltidimensional QB when our line can't block and our receivers cant catch.

Worst arm and motion I’ve ever seen on a D1 QB in 50 years of watching college football
Ironic he plays for us... it may be we’re so bad it’s irrelevant

His motion was not real good. But not as close to bad as Tebow. His was the worst.

Would have liked to have seen if the passing game would have been any better if Blackshear hadn't decided to sit. I'm sure Langan had been taking snaps with him the whole week.

Even if he's missing a B1G arm. He's got guts, isn't afraid of contact and threw more completions vs. INTs than our primadonna soon to be Ex-QB.

Yea, yea... a Rutgers Football sports forum is an awful place to talk football... you can just ignore the fact he can’t throw if you want.
Never questioned his toughness or dedication, that’s a different thread
I don’t really care who your family is or whatever. I find your post to be low class. And since this is a forum, as you say, I’m sharing that

He can throw, just not as well as most d1 qbs.
The good part is he doesn’t mind throwing which can keep the d off balance.

Worst arm and motion I’ve ever seen on a D1 QB in 50 years of watching college football
Ironic he plays for us... it may be we’re so bad it’s irrelevant

I thought the kid looked pretty good and he clearly plays with heart. Also, you’re a really annoying know it all.

Reactions: zappaa
You can’t be serious, Tebow won playoff games in the NFL a and his ball speed was 100 times better

I am serious. Tebow won one playoff game for Denver with a short pass that was caught and run by Thomas over 60 yards.
Career completion percentage in the 40's.
Better ball speed means nothing without accuracy, or lack thereof, which is a result of his throwing motion.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Not fast enough for a running QB but I give him and coaches credit for letting an RU QB actually run the ball.

I am serious. Tebow won one playoff game for Denver with a short pass that was caught and run by Thomas over 60 yards.
Career completion percentage in the 40's.
Better ball speed means nothing without accuracy, or lack thereof, which is a result of his throwing motion.
Forgot about The Heisman and National championship

Reactions: RM60
He is not going to last more than another couple of games if he continues to take the number of hits he did today. We will be assessing Cole Snyder by late October.

Reactions: winfield102
I’m not say anything negative about him or the new coach. They are doing what they can being thrown into a very tough situation.

To the players that quit pull their scholarship and get them off campus after fall exams. See Ya.

RU-Maryland (2019)
Langan: 13-25, 163 yds, 1 rushing TD, 2 INTs, put offense in field goal position twice, many 3rd down short yardage situations
Team Rushing: 151 yds rushing

RU-Maryland (2018)
Sitkowski: 2-16, 8yds, 4 INTs
Team Rushing: 171 yds

If the defense came to play yesterday, this could have been an improvement over last year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT