ADVERTISEMENT

LANGAN

He is not going to last more than another couple of games if he continues to take the number of hits he did today. We will be assessing Cole Snyder by late October.
And if you go with Monken, acquiring 4 QB’s and 3 fullbacks, plus perfect the timing....it takes at least 3 years of misery before you start presenting difficulties for defenses

Reactions: shields and RM60
He actually reminds me a lot of Tebow

I was thinking about this yesterday. And with all respect and support for the young man, there have been literally hundreds of “reminds me of Tebows” out there in high school and college football the last ten years or so. Fact is, he was unique in the magnitude of his success.

Nice kid, lots of heart, but not a Division 1 QB no matter what type of offense we run.

I'm not saying he is or isn't D1 material, but have you watched other B1G teams not named OSU, PSU, etc.? There are plenty of guys (usually the backup inserted after the starter gets knocked out) who have weak arms, not great motion, etc. It is what it is, but I would take a Langan over Sit everyday of the week (and not just because Sit is thinking about the redshirt). The only think Sit has over Langan is a big arm (and he takes a beating well). Sit can't move, is late on many throws and continues to throw into double and triple coverage. He looks better this year because he was atrocious last year. He is/was merely not good this year to date.

Langan is a football player. That’s a compliment to the young man. As a tight end, assuming he has hands and can catch the ball, he might have a shot to play on Sundays. As a QB, not so much.

Gotta give the kid some credit. He played hard and made some plays with only 2 days to prepare. I think he fits this offense and overall team talent better than Art. He can be a bruising runner and can throw enough to move the chains. He completed some downfield throws. Maybe more than Art compared to the number of reps he had, as ugly as they looked.

The offense saw some 3rd and short yardage finally.

There's enough to work with for the short term. Tough kid. Seems like a leader.

--------
RU-Maryland (2019)
Langan: 13-25, 163 yds, 1 rushing TD, 2 INTs, put offense in field goal position twice, many 3rd down short yardage situations
Team Rushing: 151 yds rushing

RU-Maryland (2018)
Sitkowski: 2-16, 8yds, 4 INTs
Team Rushing: 171 yds

If the defense came to play yesterday, this could have been an improvement over last year.
It's blatantly obvious that the kid can't throw the football he needs to be a tight end

Reactions: RUShea
It's blatantly obvious that the kid can't throw the football he needs to be a tight end
It was never in the plans for him to ever play outside of a gimmick play here and there. Who could have known we would need to go to the 3rd string QB ? I’m rooting for the kid though.

Reactions: Wolv RU
Are you kidding? If he wasn't here we'd have a true freshman starting with no back up.

Kid should be given a reward for having the guts to at least go out there.

Wow, he played a game that he's on scholarship for. Amazing bravery. Pretty sure there were seven QBs (three walkons) on the roster in the Summer. What's the worst that can happen with a freshman QB? Zero points vs the seven from Langan? Can't be worst than Sit last year. And yet, Sit still has his supporters.

Then how'd he throw 150 more yards than Sitkowski and 2 less INTS against the same opponent? It was ugly but more effective. I'll take the results over beauty

Reactions: Wolv RU
Many people grew up in an archaic era where team and sacrifice came before personal goals.
A very difficult concept for the younger generation to grasp.
Doing what’s in your best interest does not apply to team sports...when it occurs the team suffers
Zap you know how changes in rules might change how players will use it to their personal advantage .
As you know from when your father first signed with the Yankees and you with the Pirates
At one time the reserve rule made some MLB players look like the most loyal teammates possible with long careers with one team.
Then Curt Flood fought that system and lost his fight but caused that restrictive clause to end and free agency came around , a lot of times that loyalty to team and teammates was set aside for personal financial gain with players moving to another team on their own leaving teammates behind

May comparison is an apple to that orange, but only trying to show how a change of a rule can effect perceived loyalty.
The old days of team comes first also had team controls everything , now players have choices and it's a brand new ballgame.

But I must add, deciding not to play after the seasons has started so you can save your eligibility can't be defended unless your coach was in on the decision and had time to have his game play exclude the player who decided to sit out rest of season.

I agree "team and sacrifice came before personal goals"has been lost and that's a part of any game that needs to be understood by today's players. Instead of the me first attitude some seem to have now.
Once the season starts, team goals come before personal ones , excerpt in the case of the players health and sometimes gutting it out is part of being a good teammate if playing will help your team and not cause unnecessary damage that will make the injury worse.

Wow, he played a game that he's on scholarship for. Amazing bravery. Pretty sure there were seven QBs (three walkons) on the roster in the Summer. What's the worst that can happen with a freshman QB? Zero points vs the seven from Langan? Can't be worst than Sit last year. And yet, Sit still has his supporters.

That's a lot more than we can say for Stoney Brook's next starting QB, Sitkowski.

Perhaps BC was right to move him to TE. I know beggers can't be choosers, but maybe next time we should consider other team's evals before accepting a transfer QB.
That's a stupid post, he was being considered for TE and as the 3rd string QB. Then his eligibility got held up until the end of training camp, Carter looked good, so there was no reason to give him reps.
And the kid had two practices last week, give him credit.
And let's not forget a major part of the game plan, Blackshear, decided to screw him and the rest of the team by deciding to sit 2 hours before the game started.

Worst arm and motion I’ve ever seen on a D1 QB in 50 years of watching college football
Alex Smith was way worse, his was like a wet noodle doing a figure eight before the throw.

Langan has the same arm motion as Kaepernick but without the arm strength. There's an MLB pitcher that has the same exact motion (name escapes me)

Last edited:
Well this thread reminds me on how Sit was complained about last year and still some not happy with Artur this season.
Nova, Teel and Savage were complained about often while they were the RU QB.
Laviano & Cubit seemed not to be able to do anything right according to this board and Gio just wasn't a good one, but tried.

The thing is, when the team is a loser, starting QBs are fair game like the HC of that team.
Making the complaint about them personal is wrong but judging talent is a message board
right .
Gio Rescigno stole a Jersey and played today I think. Or he just put on his old #17 and snuck in the game.

But if he didn't come we'd be playing with a true freshman who is nowhere near ready and a walk on as the back up.

Freshman and walk-ons play all the time. BC's backup walkon QB threw three TDs against Louisville. Snyder and the walk-ons can probably get more than 1 yd passing. Instead of giving reps to the TE, give them to the players who might be able to throw a forward pass. QB Langan = 3.5 pts avg/game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT