ADVERTISEMENT

LARGE Rutgers Flags Now Available

I wanna see someone flying that in the tailgate lots!!!

I have the 4 x 6 version of this flag and it is pretty nice. The blurb says the flag is embroidered, which is one of the reasons I bought it. But the R is a sewed-on appliqué. Still a nice flag, but it would be so much nicer if the R actually was embroidered.

I don't think you will. I got one of the 17R66 flags a few years ago when Rising Flags was getting rid of their stock

I bought one a while ago and don't fly it that often to preserve it. Agree that I don't think they are made anymore.

Reactions: VW Knight
I bought one a while ago and don't fly it that often to preserve it. Agree that I don't think they are made anymore.
I fly it on game days if the weather is nice. If we win, it stays up for 24 hours. If we lose, it comes down immediately

Reactions: Ridge 22
you can't. they are no longer made for sale to the public. I forget the reasoning. @mkollar do you know the answer?

The older 17 Q 66 flag design was retired almost 20 years ago as the name "Queens College" was no longer used to designate the main college. The name of Rutgers College is used and, thus, the "Q" was retired for the scripted "R".

For details about the flags within the Rutgers University Visual Identity System, I'd recommend visiting:

http://identity.rutgers.edu/elements-system/university-flag

The RU,
You might want to contact Ken,the owner of Rising Flags in East Brunswick who is a big Rutgers fan and has had basketball season and football season tickets for years. Maybe he can give you an update on stock.

I wanna see someone flying that in the tailgate lots!!!
Spanky, I fly a 6'x10' 17R66 flag at most home games when the wind cooperates, on a 25' pole. I can only fly it on days with wind speed of 10 - 20 mph. Less than 10 it hangs and more that 20 stresses the pole.

Spanky, I fly a 6'x10' 17R66 flag at most home games when the wind cooperates, on a 25' pole. I can only fly it on days with wind speed of 10 - 20 mph. Less than 10 it hangs and more that 20 stresses the pole.
I'll definitely have to track you down also!

i want to get the 1766 R flag but they're out everywhere. How is an official university flag not sold anywhere?

theRU,
This is because the flag has been "reserved" as the University Flag to be flown only at the entrances to University administrative and academic buildings per the regulations established with the Visual Identity System. At one time, the flag had been permitted for sale. IIRC, that was through 2011 or 2012. Ken can correct me on the right date.

As much as you may want to obtain one, it is not for sale to the general public through any vendors. You can obtain more information at http://identity.rutgers.edu/elements-system/university-flag. I will tell you, however, T&L for the University maintains tight control on all aspects of the logos, shields and everything else - including flags - that make up the Visual Identity System for the University.

theRU,
This is because the flag has been "reserved" as the University Flag to be flown only at the entrances to University administrative and academic buildings per the regulations established with the Visual Identity System. At one time, the flag had been permitted for sale. IIRC, that was through 2011 or 2012. Ken can correct me on the right date.

As much as you may want to obtain one, it is not for sale to the general public through any vendors. You can obtain more information at http://identity.rutgers.edu/elements-system/university-flag. I will tell you, however, T&L for the University maintains tight control on all aspects of the logos, shields and everything else - including flags - that make up the Visual Identity System for the University.
thank for the info...bummer. Its a nice flag.

Reactions: mkollar
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT