ADVERTISEMENT

Latest Offers

This is the time of year that Rising juniors receive offers. June 15 was the first day that college coaches could even call or text those kids. Plus, Rutgers has made an extensive number of offers to kids in the 2020 class

And some really special 2020 kids that, if they come, could domino effect 2021 and 2022 “special kids”. I’m very excited for our future!
Totally love the roster already and hopefully they bond in Spain and have a great season.

And some really special 2020 kids that, if they come, could domino effect 2021 and 2022 “special kids”. I’m very excited for our future!
Totally love the roster already and hopefully they bond in Spain and have a great season.
You should be excited about RU basketball's future. Coach has done some very heavy lifting to move the program forward.

You should be excited about RU basketball's future. Coach has done some very heavy lifting to move the program forward.
If your view, do you see Rutgers signing any top 150 2020 recruits?

Refresh my memory on who are the prospects that RU has offered in the Rivals150 for that class please.

From the offer list you linked to, there are a bunch:

#7 - Greg Brown
#10 - BJ Boston
#15 - Sharife Cooper
#25 - Josh Hall
#38 - Dawson Garcia
#40 - Xavier Foster
#41 - Jabri Abdur-Rahim
#50 - Dwan Odom
#51 - Mark Williams
#54 - Clifford Omoruyi
#56 - Andre Curbelo
#64 - Isaiah Cottrell
#75 - AJ Hoggard
#76 - Noah Farrakhan
#81 - Demarr Langford Jr
#82 - Elijah Hutchins-Everett
#100 - Naseem Khaalid
#107 - Kadary Richmond
#119 - Rondel Walker
#134 - Richard Springs
#139 - Osasere Ighodaro
#146 - DJ Gordon

From the offer list you linked to, there are a bunch:

#7 - Greg Brown
#10 - BJ Boston
#15 - Sharife Cooper
#25 - Josh Hall
#38 - Dawson Garcia
#40 - Xavier Foster
#41 - Jabri Abdur-Rahim
#50 - Dwan Odom
#51 - Mark Williams
#54 - Clifford Omoruyi
#56 - Andre Curbelo
#64 - Isaiah Cottrell
#75 - AJ Hoggard
#76 - Noah Farrakhan
#81 - Demarr Langford Jr
#82 - Elijah Hutchins-Everett
#100 - Naseem Khaalid
#107 - Kadary Richmond
#119 - Rondel Walker
#134 - Richard Springs
#139 - Osasere Ighodaro
#146 - DJ Gordon
From that list I'll say Richard Springs, if Rutgers really pushes for him.

That's too bad you don't feel Cliff Omoruyi is considering Rutgers.
Considering? Sure. I was asked if I saw "Rutgers signing any top 150 2020 recruits."

I don't see Cliff Omoruyi signing with Rutgers. I might be proven wrong. It wouldn't be the first time.

Reactions: Local Shill
Considering? Sure. I was asked if I saw "Rutgers signing any top 150 2020 recruits."

I don't see Cliff Omoruyi signing with Rutgers. I might be proven wrong. It wouldn't be the first time.

Why is a name where barely have heard about (Springs) the one you feel Rutgers will sign? Interesting analysis.

Reactions: RUsojo
Why is a name where barely have heard about (Springs) the one you feel Rutgers will sign? Interesting analysis.
You barely have heard about Richard Springs because he doesn't do many interviews. Back in May I texted him about an interview and he replied "Sorry I'm not supposed to talk about my recruitment."

Which was actually a pretty impressive reply. Most kids just wouldn't have responded at all lol.

From what I have been able to piece together Springs is feeling RU.

Russ, do most kids get insulted when a school has put out a ton of offers ? Does it make them feel like they aren’t “the guy” for Coach Jones/Smith/Brown or do they view it as a school is working really hard at recruiting in general?

UCONN seems like the leader here. With 14 offers, not sure I like our odds for Springs but I think there are more likely candidates from the list.
I asked someone if they felt Connecticut leads for Springs and they replied:

Don't think they're really pursuing

Reactions: NJDOVES
Thank you!
You're welcome.

It's just one person and, who knows, the "Connecticut leads" narrative may have been true at one point. I'm not even discounting that as a possibility, it is just not what some of us are hearing at this point in time.

You're welcome.

It's just one person and, who knows, the "Connecticut leads" narrative may have been true at one point. I'm not even discounting that as a possibility, it is just not what some of us are hearing at this point in time.

if the player is quiet and not into interviews, how do we know who leads and when he plans to start taking official visits to the schools he likes??

As much progress as we have made we are still Rutgers and we will get what we get with the hopes that we truly become sports media buzz worthy. Then those top names may come.

Talking to a prospect is not the only way to get information on their recruitment.

Fair enough and fine....it is somewhat out of the norm in recent years with Social media and kids asking for edits and followers to have a kid outside of that realm. In some ways, it's refreshing to see the player just grinding/working and staying out of the spotlight.

Value is sometimes established with fanbases based on how long has the player been in the recruiting process and newscycle. If Springs likes RU, that's more than enough for me, we can wait out the process or information when it's ready.

The PSA Cardinals just stormed back from a 19-point deficit to get within 10, 43-34. Hassan Diarra is having a huge game on both ends but Richie Springs really stealing the show. Very quick second jump, great offensive rebounder and getting it done on the defensive end.
7:18 PM · Jul 10, 2019

Reactions: Scangg
The PSA Cardinals just stormed back from a 19-point deficit to get within 10, 43-34. Hassan Diarra is having a huge game on both ends but Richie Springs really stealing the show. Very quick second jump, great offensive rebounder and getting it done on the defensive end.
7:18 PM · Jul 10, 2019
To embed a Tweet just copy and paste the Tweet's link

No one cares about the NIT
For those teams that consistently make the DANCE your right. For a team like RU where we haven’t danced or even took dancing lessons( NIT and other minor tournaments). If RU falls a little short of the dance The NIT this year would be A great step up and many on this board would be extremely happy

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT