ADVERTISEMENT

LAX Ranking Updates

RUengg1991

Freshman
Sep 1, 2009
So...Albany loses at home to Maryland in regulation this past Wednesday night and how are they punished in the polls??? They go from #5 to #5 ?!?

RU loses at home to Maryland last night in 3OT with multiple chances to win and how are they punished in the polls??? They go from #11 to #14?!?

I know this is just a media poll and has no real bearing on life, but what logical sense does this make????? Is anyway as pissed off about this slight as much as I am? I don't usually get jacked up about polls....but I'd really like someone to explain the logic behind these results Our boys deserve much better imho.

Reactions: biazza38
Only explanation is our out of conference wins took a hit. Army lost to navy, brown lost to Yale and Fairfield lost too. But didn't North Carolina lose to Syracuse but yet they moved up?

Reactions: biazza38
So...Albany loses at home to Maryland in regulation this past Wednesday night and how are they punished in the polls??? They go from #5 to #5 ?!?

RU loses at home to Maryland last night in 3OT with multiple chances to win and how are they punished in the polls??? They go from #11 to #14?!?

I know this is just a media poll and has no real bearing on life, but what logical sense does this make????? Is anyway as pissed off about this slight as much as I am? I don't usually get jacked up about polls....but I'd really like someone to explain the logic behind these results Our boys deserve much better imho.

I would have preferred to stand pat or creep up a notch, given all of the other results. However, I think two things are at play with our slide.

First, one of the teams that lost and was ahead of us was one of our ‘good wins’. That’s a ding against us. Second, I think that they are really looking at our last four games since being #1. We are 1-3 with two horrible losses. They have to look at the whole body of work, not just what happened over the previous 7-days.

The Delaware might have been horrible. Hopkins wasn't.

How teams played isn't part of the equation, only the result.

Reactions: RUJMM78
The Delaware might have been horrible. Hopkins wasn't.

How teams played isn't part of the equation, only the result.
In sports wins/losses matter and how teams are playing prior to tournament time.

In sports wins/losses matter and how teams are playing prior to tournament time.

Not true with NCAA selection. It's only records and RPI's. There is no part of that calculus for how a team "looks". If there was, we would have gotten in last year.

And we "look" really good right now. We smashed UM and took Maryland to triple OT.

Delaware loss is a real blemish on the record ... reminds me of the UMASS loss the year the women's BB won the NIT ... kept them out of the NCAA although they were the only team to win a half against UCONN that year ... RU needs to win one of last two or they're out.

That doesn't make sense, agreed. But a lot of teams have a bad loss, I wouldn't worry about that.

When it comes to lacrosse, I see that Maryland gets special treatment, the same way the blue bloods do in basketball. Win a game, jump a bunch of spots. Lose some, stay highly ranked. I enjoy it in lacrosse as a Terp fan, but it's nonsensical. Rutgers seems to get the opposite treatment, unfortunately.

Many Terrapins are wondering how West Virginia jumped Maryland into the top 25 in baseball after losing in College Park last week. Sometimes stuff don't make sense.

Delaware loss is a real blemish on the record ... reminds me of the UMASS loss the year the women's BB won the NIT ... kept them out of the NCAA although they were the only team to win a half against UCONN that year ... RU needs to win one of last two or they're out.
RU needs to win next 2 to have a chance. 2-3 in BiG and 2-5 down the stretch won't do it

Mullins needs to show up for PSU he was a total no show for Maryland. Your best player needs to step up in big games

The rankings are brutal. I'd love to see any non ACC school play in the B1G and see how they would do. You should drop three spots after a triple OT loss to Maryland. By the way, UNC just lost to Notre Dame to go to 6-7. They'll probably move up a few spots in the polls though since they only lost by 1

ADVERTISEMENT