ADVERTISEMENT

Lax scrimmage / Jan 19

asgot

Senior
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2017
Anyone get any info on the scrimmage today? I know it was closed to the public but did anyone hear anything?

RUMLax posted a tweet & video stating they had a strong performance against Villanova.

Go RU!
Diane

Reactions: Golfer2019
Ok I saw those but did nobody really get to go or no other info that was leaked. I heard the unofficial score was 20-11 RU but that is at least third hand.

I also spoke with one of the players...things went well...of course things to work on, but the score was decidedly in the favor of the good guys

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Scrimmage next week against Albany? Will Tehoka be there? Would love to watch as a regular season match up. I really hope RU makes the leap this season. It seems like our success will hinge on the Buckeye game at home this season.

Talked to a player. Said that it was a great first step in the right direction.

Spoke to a couple of guys and got a general sense that they thought they played well in spots but both sides were missing several starters. I know how hard it is to see the ball in the bubble so it is Probably a good sign that we gave up so few goals.
Seems like Tehoka is back at Albany so that should be fun next weekend

Reactions: Caliknight
Lotta runway left to go. It was good to practice against other guys and a lot of young guys played. Building depth is important.

Anyone who doesn’t follow lacrosse. The scrimmage next weekend will be interesting. Tehoka Naticoke is one is the most dynamic players you will see. Might be a preview to a regular season game next year.

Reactions: bigmatt718
I am not sure what the staff wants out there or not, but he will play when it matters, regardless of how much he plays or doesn't in scrimmages.

Reactions: RUMountie
Whether these guys played or not is not terribly relevant. All the really vital kids will available for the first game and I was told that all of them could have played on Saturday if it were a regular season game. A lot of the kids were back today. If there offense all stays healthy they are going to be very fun to watch.

ADVERTISEMENT