ADVERTISEMENT

Legendary Mike Francesa rant about Franklin

Some do, some don't. Need to realize there are different people, with different view points posting on this board.

1w3rfm.jpg

His team was lined-up fine..........

The GState kicker actually made the first kick...... that was called-off for the time out.

It was a total douchebagmove by a total douchebag

Protecting a shutout is one thing.........calling a time-out to "ice" a kicker with 14 second left when you're ahead by 55 takes a special kind of douchebag

if I was Georgia St. I would have faked the 2nd kick and try to throw for a TD there. I mean playing Penn St. is a privilege and everybody's Super Bowl game ya know.

Reactions: ATIOH
Francesca would be the first person to bring up that Georgia State scored points against PSU so they don't deserve the playoff

Just stop. PSU missed the playoff last year because they lost to Pitt and got throttled by Michigan. Not because they allowed a meaningless FG at the end of a game when up by 56 points. This excuse is just as bad as Franklin's.

We hang 65 on conceivably the worst team in college football and play them tough till the very end of the 3rd quarter. Instead of taking a knee at the end of the game we run three mindless plays as if it was an ego boost for Morgan State.

Penn State on the other hand feel like they may have a real shot at a playoff birth this year so they didn't want Georgia State to score and Franklin is a jerk for not allowing them to score?

Last edited:
Reactions: jerseylion109
We hang 65 on conceivably the worst team in college football and play them tough till the very end of the 3rd quarter. Instead of taking a knee at the end of the game we run three mindless plays as if it was an ego boost for Morgan State.

Penn State on the other hand feels like they may have a real shot at a playoff birth this year so they didn't want Georgia State to score and Franklin is a jerk for not allowing them to score?

One has nothing to do with the other. Then Franklin should say that. Say we feel we got screwed last year and we want to leave no doubt so we tried to preserve the shutout. But that's not the reason he gave. He spewed some BS excuse.

They were practicing for Rutgers since Franklin wants to get back at this forum for all the trash talking he has had to deal with when they play Rutgers.

Look what Harbaugh did to us for storming the field after we beat Michigan.

PSU's got all kinds of reasons to be merciless when they play us.

Franklin will outdo Harbaugh now he has a score to settle with the great Francesa.

We are in big trouble.
Poster- Suspect, post/like ratio under 10%

One has nothing to do with the other. Then Franklin should say that. Say we feel we got screwed last year and we want to leave no doubt so we tried to preserve the shutout. But that's not the reason he gave. He spewed some BS excuse.
Regardless of the excuse you as a poster understands that there is no way he can let them score, right!! Would he have been better received if he said "listen I couldn't let them score and give someone an excuse to keep us out of the playoffs". Yeah that would have gone over real well.

Penn State on the other hand feels like they may have a real shot at a playoff birth this year so they didn't want Georgia State to score and Franklin is a jerk for not allowing them to score?
Teams are insulted if you knee it 4 times. They don't want your pity. You have to give them every chance to stop you. That's why RU went for it on 4th down later in the game. What difference does a garbage time field goal in a blowout make for playoff consideration?

My favorite part is when Francesa is trying to read the ads at the end but can't help himself and keeps interrupting the ads to get all fired up again.

Oh Penn State. Success with honor and all that.

Reactions: RU1977
Regardless of the excuse you as a poster understands that there is no way he can let them score, right!! Would he have been better received if he said "listen I couldn't let them score and give someone an excuse to keep us out of the playoffs". Yeah that would have gone over real well.

Why? Winning 56-3 vs 56-0 won't keep a team out of the playoffs. Losing by 40 will though.

Reactions: KevH
Teams are insulted if you knee it 4 times. They don't want your pity. You have to give them every chance to stop you. That's why RU went for it on 4th down later in the game. What difference does a garbage time field goal in a blowout make for playoff consideration?
Last Year they got screwed because in my opinion as well as 75% of the country felt they were more deserving than Washington. Listen, I'm a firm believer that all these games should come to an end. They make no sense other than some kid who would never see the field gets a shot because the score is so lopsided. BTW Nick Saban is staunchly opposed to these games as they don't prove anything, his words.

Last Year they got screwed because in my opinion as well as 75% of the country felt they were more deserving than Washington. Listen, I'm a firm believer that all these games should come to an end.
Well yeah, your teams OOC schedule still sucks. A field goal doesn't make it look worse. It's 3 points. Dick move.

Reactions: thegock
Let's not overlook the fact the whole thing got started because the first d-bag PSU apologist just had to address the previous caller who was "obviously a disgruntled Rutgers fan."

On top of the world and "unrivaled" but still very concerned and piss their pants angry that we even exist.

Stupid cultists.

They were practicing for Rutgers since Franklin wants to get back at this forum for all the trash talking he has had to deal with when they play Rutgers.

Look what Harbaugh did to us for storming the field after we beat Michigan.

PSU's got all kinds of reasons to be merciless when they play us.

Franklin will outdo Harbaugh now he has a score to settle with the great Francesa.

We are in big trouble.

Kapy...You never cease to amaze. Do you actually think James Franklin gives a rat's ass about what a NY sports talk show host says?
Even money says Franklin has zero idea who Mike Francesa is but he's going to punish RU for what he says? Especially since Mike has been such a HUGE RU supporter (sarcasm ).
Amazing logic.

Kapy...You never cease to amaze. Do you actually think James Franklin gives a rat's ass about what a NY sports talk show host says?
Even money says Franklin has zero idea who Mike Francesa is but he's going to punish RU for what he says? Especially since Mike has been such a HUGE RU supporter (sarcasm ).
Amazing logic.
No no someone will bring this to Franklin's attention and yes it will piss him off. Mike Francesa has an actual audience. We're playing in such a tough conference with so much to address I don't understand why we're trying to tear down a team that's doing all the right things to win a the highest level.

Last edited:
Reactions: RU1977

This.... comparing the two end of games is actually very telling. Ash took the delay penalty to move back 5 yards and then ran 4 plays to drain the clock--- there were over 3 mins left... he didn't take 4 knees (which would have been very insulting). If you think anyone on RU was actually trying to score on those last plays you are dead-wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: RU1977 and shields
Franklin Delano Douchebag?
I do t understand why we care so much about JF, look we will have to play them on Nov 11th. We can call JF all the names in the book but if we can't kick his team ass on the field then it doesn't matter.

Reactions: RU31trap
I do t understand why we care so much about JF, look we will have to play them on Nov 11th. We can call JF all the names in the book but if we can't kick his team ass on the field then it doesn't matter.
You're correct. If we were vying for a B10 championship then by all means pile on but we may very well go 2-10 or 3-9 this year. We trash talk like National Champion contenders. Lol

Last edited:
No no someone will bring this to Franklin's attention and yes it will piss him off. Mike Francesa has an actual audience. We're playing in such a tough conference with so much to address I don't understand why we're trying to tear down a team that's doing all the right things to win a the highest level.
Because unlike you we aren't PSU fans.

Ash was classy at the end of Morgan. In fact Gio was trying to run the clock out. Blackshear just broke it. At the end he took a penalty to move it away from the goal line then was handing it off to a walk on. Ash did the right thing at the end of Morgan. I give him credit for that.

As big as Mike is in NYC he is a local, not national, host. If something that a local radio host say is going to piss off a coach of a Top 10 team then PSU didn't hire the right guy.

we're trying to tear down a team

Who's we??? Mike has nothing to do with RU and 98% of the time he mentions them it's to ridicule the program.

Reactions: BoogieKnight
Just stop. PSU missed the playoff last year because they lost to Pitt and got throttled by Michigan. Not because they allowed a meaningless FG at the end of a game when up by 56 points. This excuse is just as bad as Franklin's.

Plus Francesa doesn't have a vote on the committee, so there's that.

Reactions: BoogieKnight
You're correct. If we were vying for a B10 championship then by all means pile on but we may very well go 2-10 or 3-9 this year. We trash talk like National Champion contenders. Lol

Why do you care so much what people think about Franklin?

Reactions: madchuck
I agree with the a previous thread. RU fans have to get over this obsession with Penn State. They are and have been a national power. We are and never have been one (and yes I'm counting 2006). We are not nor ever have been close to their equal in national stature.
There is no rivalry between the schools. Rivalry implies a competitive balance of which there is none between the schools. There is no rivalry when you've lost 25 out of 27 and haven't beaten them in nearly 30 years. Right now I look at Penn St. as another game on the schedule with the only additional significance being bragging rights for recruiting purposes.

We're playing in such a tough conference with so much to address I don't understand why we're trying to tear down a team that's doing all the right things to win a the highest level.
You write "we" as if you are a Rutgers, but most of what you post about PSU makes you sound like just another PSU fan.

And "doing all the right things" does not include icing a kicker up huge in the last minute, then lying to the media about why you iced the kicker. Frankin was just showing his true colors again. No class.

How many top recruits does Franklin's actions and the Francesa's comments cost Penn State? Do any of those recruits commit to Rutgers? After all, that is really the only thing that counts. This is not about winning the right way, being a jerk, etc., it is simply about winning. We have won one game in our last 12 and Penn State is the reigning B1G champ and undefeated. If the fortunes were reversed this board would be killing Francesa and defending our coach. Why, because winning is all that matters at this level of football, grow up and start holding the administration accountable.

What do you expect from that cesspool of a school. The coach fits right in with that moral corrupted school and fan base. Franklin is a total scumbag to do something that classless. Karma is bitch!

Yet, their fans are defending the indefensible. Not surprising coming from that sick fan base

Reactions: RUsSKii and GSGS

Penn State on the other hand feel like they may have a real shot at a playoff birth this year so they didn't want Georgia State to score and Franklin is a jerk for not allowing them to score?

Your opinions on this issue is Exhibit A when you ask the asinine question of why we don't believe you when you say you are primarily a Rutgers fan who also happens to root for Pedophile Supporter University. Here, Ash shows class by not going for a score when he's up 65-0, and Franklin goes the other route by making a totally classless, douche move, and you try to make the claim that Franklin showed more class than Ash. As evidenced by Francesa's rant, nobody except for a diehard (or, in your case, blowhard) Pedd State fan would agree with your take on this.

RU31trap - you and Franklin are a great match. Two absolute liars and total douchebags.

Once again, compelling evidence here that RU31trap is actually PSU31PedophileSupporter.

Last edited:
Your opinions on this issue is Exhibit A when you ask the asinine question of why we don't believe you when you say you are primarily a Rutgers fan who also happens to root for Pedophile Supporter University. Here, Ash shows class by not going for a score when he's up 65-0, and Franklin goes the other route by making a totally classless, douche move, and you try to make the claim that Franklin showed more class than Ash. As evidenced by Francesa's rant, nobody except for a diehard (or, in your case, blowhard) Pedd State fan would agree with your take on this.

RU31trap - you and Franklin are a great match. Two absolute liars and total douchebags.

Once again, compelling evidence here that RU31trap is actually PSU31PedophileSupporter.

In addition is the fact that PSU pitches a shutout against Georgia State going to be the difference in them getting a playoff berth.
In the words of the Knights of the Vale commander to Lord Baelish:
"I think not".

Penn State needs a better OOC, Ohio State played Oklahoma two years in a row.

Mike was pretty exercised there. Telling that the ever present penn state brigade is missing from this thread

My favorite part is when Francesa is trying to read the ads at the end but can't help himself and keeps interrupting the ads to get all fired up again.

Oh Penn State. Success with honor and all that.
"Success with Honor" was Joe's tagline.
"Success with Douchebaggery" is Franklin's.

ADVERTISEMENT