ADVERTISEMENT

Let's go METS 2016 thread ......Just get in and anything can happen!

Time will tell, but there are more than a few San Francisco daily's,saying maybe Bumgardner isn't the best choice for this game. Johnny Cueto has had great numbers down the stretch, and beat the Mets in last years World Series game.http://www.sfgate.com/giants/article/Giants-ask-Bumgarner-to-save-their-season-again-9627185.php

San Francisco has more than a few daily's ? Who knew ?
I can't see how SF would start anyone but Bumgarner in a one-game elimination.

San Francisco has more than a few daily's ? Who knew ?
I can't see how SF would start anyone but Bumgarner in a one-game elimination.
I agree, you can throw out the regular season stats, the guy just plain wins in the post season. The manager would be opening himself up to an onslaught if he pitched anybody else and the Mets lit him up.

There's few (in the history of the game) I'd prefer to have on the mound in a one-game playoff as opposed to Bumgarner. But hopefully vintage Thor is on the hill - we're going to need it.

There's few (in the history of the game) I'd prefer to have on the mound in a one-game playoff as opposed to Bumgarner. But hopefully vintage Thor is on the hill - we're going to need it.
He has been great in these games, but there's a lot to live up to for him. I hear that Harold Reynolds thinks the Giants are locked and loaded for a run after 4 wins vs. a semi-interested Dodgers team. I guess the Mets and Cubs should just lay down now and get it over with. The Nats and Dodgers too.

Giants really did not play very well the last 70 games so I am sure where the optimism that they are peaking for another even year run is coming from. They may very well win tomorrow night but I don't see them taking out the Cubs.

Giants really did not play very well the last 70 games so I am sure where the optimism that they are peaking for another even year run is coming from. They may very well win tomorrow night but I don't see them taking out the Cubs.
I guess I'm a little tired of their hype. But I think Bochy's pre-playoff speech is easy: You have your ace going, you know how to win in the playoffs, forget the crappy second half, everyone is 0-0. The thing is, Syndergaard isn't too bad, Mets are home and they are playing loose because no one expected them to overcome the injuries. Should be a good one.

I guess I'm a little tired of their hype. But I think Bochy's pre-playoff speech is easy: You have your ace going, you know how to win in the playoffs, forget the crappy second half, everyone is 0-0. The thing is, Syndergaard isn't too bad, Mets are home and they are playing loose because no one expected them to overcome the injuries. Should be a good one.
Add to that, a 27-12 run to finish the season after beating the Giants in SF to pull themselves to 61-62. At that point, to make the playoffs,was a pipe dream for many, including some fans. Thank God, the Wilpons, Sandy, Terry and the players still believed. I feel in my heart this amazing run against everything that happened injury wise, wasn't done to play just one more game. LGM

Taking the 3:14pm train out of Hazlet to NYC Penn. Meeting my son by MSG for dinner then either the 7 train or the LIRR to Citi Field. Which would you guys take and which gets you closer to the Staduim. We have taken the ferry or drove in over the years. As a HS kid I remember taking the train to Shea with a couple of buddies, and it was the 7 train back then.

Taking the 3:14pm train out of Hazlet to NYC Penn. Meeting my son by MSG for dinner then either the 7 train or the LIRR to Citi Field. Which would you guys take and which gets you closer to the Staduim. We have taken the ferry or drove in over the years. As a HS kid I remember taking the train to Shea with a couple of buddies, and it was the 7 train back then.
Do yourself a favor and take the LIRR. Much nicer trains and people on the trains. It is not a long walk from the Willets Point station to the field. Up and over the tracks and you are in the parking lot, IIRC. Used to call the 7 line the urine express when I worked in NYC many years ago.

If you're meeting at Penn, take the LIRR. It's right there and a more comfortable trip. You'd have to go up to 42st or down to 10av to catch the 7 and even in its express variety, it's pretty slow and very crowded.

OK, Thanks so much guys, and that would have been my other question,which stop to get off. Willets Point, got it thanks. We figured there would be plenty of people with Mets shirts to follow,Lol.

Do yourself a favor and take the LIRR. Much nicer trains and people on the trains. It is not a long walk from the Willets Point station to the field. Up and over the tracks and you are in the parking lot, IIRC. Used to call the 7 line the urine express when I worked in NYC many years ago.
Lol, sounds nasty..

If you're meeting at Penn, take the LIRR. It's right there and a more comfortable trip. You'd have to go up to 42st or down to 10av to catch the 7 and even in its express variety, it's pretty slow and very crowded.
Thanks,my son thought maybe the 1 train to Times Square, then the 7 train, but why switch, so the LIRR it is.

Add to that, a 27-12 run to finish the season after beating the Giants in SF to pull themselves to 61-62. LGM

Come on....be honest. Who'd they play towards the end of the season ?
If you think the Dodgers were semi-interested when they finished with SF, what were the Phillies when they finished a bad season with 7 of 10 games vs. a mets team fighting to make the playoffs.
Again, did you send that Thank You note to the schedule-maker ?

The Giants achilles heel is their offense. If we can scratch out two runs it may be enough. We have to make MD throw strikes and lay off the junk in the dirt. LGM!!!!

Alright that 1-game do-or-die pressure thing is starting to mount. Getting too old for this. :cry:

If you think the Dodgers were semi-interested when they finished with SF, what were the Phillies when they finished a bad season with 7 of 10 games vs. a mets team fighting to make the playoffs.
They played who they were scheduled to play and took advantage of it. Yankees had everybody they needed to pass scheduled for them, and crapped the bed. I don't care who had tougher teams to play, if your team was playoff worthy, they'd be in, their not, maybe next year. Your off season is already 3 days old.Have a nice day, enjoy the game, and Lets Go Mets!!!!

7 trains are usually among the newer equipment in the NYC Subway system these days. The people on board are fine. That being said the LIRR is quicker, only one stop between Penn and Willets Point. You have to walk through the 7 train stop on the way from the LIRR stop to Citi Field.

For the posters who are asking, how I usually do it is is simple. If I get off the train in Penn and the timing lines up and I'm leaving for Flushing right away I take the LIRR. If the timing doesn't line up or maybe I'm in early for a little pregame food and drinks, I take the 1/2/3 to Times Square and make the quick easy transfer to the 7 express. The 7 express method is more flexible than the LIRR, but ultimately still not as fast.

Did you send death threats to the schedule maker for scheduling the Padres, Diamondback to the Yankee schedule?

Heres hoping for a good game tonight with one of the best pitchers in baseball and one of the best future pitching stars going at it tonight. Unless TC or Tueffel blows chunks tonight, I almost cant even get mad if they lose tonight because all they went through. Just play a good one.

LETS GO METS

NJ Transit has an ticket/bus app?

Yeah, the NJT app lets you buy train, light rail, and NYC-bound commuter bus tickets. You cannot buy local bus tickets (yet). Just download the app, register, and put a credit or debit card on file. Buy a ticket whenever you want, "activate" it when you board the train, and show the activated ticket to the conductor. Activated tickets are valid for something like 3 hours. I've been using the app for 2 years or so, and it works great. No longer need to plan on arriving to the station 5-10 minutes early because the ticket machine might have a line. Link: http://www.njtransit.com/var/var_servlet.srv?hdnPageAction=MobileTicketingTo
The app also has a real-time departure board, so if you're like me and taking PATH to connect to NJT at Newark, and worried about making the connection, you can see if your connecting train is on-time or a few minutes behind, and relax.

The MTA eTix app is newer, and lets you buy LIRR and Metro North tickets. I've used it 5 or 6 times over the last 9 months or so, and it works just as well. Link: http://www.mta.info/mta-eTix-promo In fact, using the MTA eTix app is how I learned about the City Ticket fare. I had been buying one-way tickets from Penn Station to Willets Point at $6 a piece. But for weekend games, you can buy a City Ticket that lets you go between any two stations in NYC for $4.25, but only on Saturdays and Sundays. So for weekend games you can save $3.50 per person on a round-trip.

ADVERTISEMENT