ADVERTISEMENT

Liston Kicked off Team per Duggan

That's a shame. It sounds like he has some growing up to do. Hopefully he'll figure it out. Unfortunately, it will likely be someplace other than RU.

+1 - kid is from Flint, MI. That's a really rough town - hope he succeeds wherever he goes.

damn that sucks, he played decent in the bowl game too. we have recruited a lot at LB it seems like and even looking towards the 2016 class, but he def would have played this year.

Originally posted by NYSportsFan:
damn that sucks, he played decent in the bowl game too. we have recruited a lot at LB it seems like and even looking towards the 2016 class, but he def would have played this year.
idk. There is a reason that they brought in a Juco and 5th year senior at MLB.

There is also a reason No B10 touched him as well. There is more to a player than TALENT!
what a shame we gave the kid a shot and he just blow it and how do you get into arguments with Coach Frasier, the man has more wisdom in football then anyone on the field?

Down goes Liston![/I]

Originally posted by RUPete:
Did you guys see the update in the story?
WOW. SO it seems like he was not in fact "dismissed" from the team, he simply is choosing to leave the team. It also seems that the rehashing of his issues at RU had absolutely nothing to do with any of it.

I wonder how long it is before the SL corrects the story to reflect that he is choosing to leave the team because he is having a child. More irresponsible reporting.

Wait a minute that is world breaking NEWS ... HE is having a child.
Screw FB he will be the RIC first in the world "Guy has Baby"

Originally posted by imbazza:

Not sure what you mean. The way I read it is that he wants to finish up his Spring classes and find somewhere closer to home to go to school and play and be near his child.

Not sure what you mean. The way I read it is that he wants to finish up his Spring classes and find somewhere closer to home to go to school and play and be near his child.

"The saddest thing in life is wasted talent, and the choices you make will shape your life forever."

Chazz Palminteri

Originally posted by Ole Cabbagehead:
WOW. SO it seems like he was not in fact "dismissed" from the team, he simply is choosing to leave the team. It also seems that the rehashing of his issues at RU had absolutely nothing to do with any of it.

I wonder how long it is before the SL corrects the story to reflect that he is choosing to leave the team because he is having a child. More irresponsible reporting.
Yeah, I typically don't buy into the massive RU vs SL conspiracies that occur here (though I certainly don't like the SL), but if Liston and Flood mutually discussed this decision and parted ways amicably, the "dismissed from team" reporting is pretty irresponsible.

Originally posted by Ole Cabbagehead:

Yeah, I typically don't buy into the massive RU vs SL conspiracies that occur here (though I certainly don't like the SL), but if Liston and Flood mutually discussed this decision and parted ways amicably, the "dismissed from team" reporting is pretty irresponsible.

If the baby was the issue, I'm pretty sure Flood would have said he was "leaving the team for personal/family reasons." Instead Flood said "L.J. is no longer a member of the Rutgers football program." Pretty cold, pretty big difference. Couple this with his issues and you don't need a big brain or clairvoyance to figure this out.

Originally posted by 198hamilton:
If the baby was the issue, I'm pretty sure Flood would have said he was "leaving the team for personal/family reasons." Instead Flood said "L.J. is no longer a member of the Rutgers football program." Pretty cold, pretty big difference. Couple this with his issues and you don't need a big brain or clairvoyance to figure this out.
Unless a statement (besides Liston's in Duggan's update part of article) comes out, I think you're right.
I also think Flood would have said for personal reasons not : "L.J. is no longer a member of the Rutgers football program. He's currently exploring other
options for his career as a student-athlete. We wish him well."
and there wouldn't be any reports saying Liston was dismissed from team..

These kids choose to be under a microscope playing Div 1 football in a power conference. Liston is a little known player yet he's still under scrutiny from sports writers and bloggers.
Like it or not, sports writers and bloggers perceive big time college football and all the money it generates as the minor leagues of the NFL, no different then when I turned pro at age 18, and the scrutiny I subjected myself to. Think of Johnny Football, Clowney, Winston and Te'o…were they treated like "just kids"?

Liston was suspended for game 4 last year, failed the required physical tests, and had on going problems with Coach Frazier, those are facts as much as his being a dad soon, which I'm sure also played heavily into the decision, not to mention the obvious transfers coming in.

Many players have played while being a father of a young child.
This guy apparently had a lot of character issues and has not shown respect to the team.
Move on. We will be fine at LB.

ADVERTISEMENT