ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball LIVE GAME THREAD: Rutgers vs. Fairleigh Dickinson

Can you imagine, we take out Myles and the other team thinks they’ll catch a break, and then we put in Big Cliff.

Reactions: Scangg
Young is really good. Amazing how he struggled at the beginning of last year.

Fdu goes zone and it’s like we have no idea what to do. Nice cross court pass from Paul

or not, we have no idea

obviously cant predict the future, so agree we have no idea.

But im fairly confident saying that. And I’d say that about every team in the country playing at home this year. No crowwds are gonna hurt the home teams as compared to last year.

47-33 half time.Harper and Young probably will score over 20 points in this game.

We’re much faster without Paul in the game
That can be both good and bad... but, yeah, I prefer the press and run game.

I think what we saw was FDU committed very early to get back get back fast.. but they got tired.. and even with Geo and McConnel out.. we're still deep. So vs a tired FDU near the end of the half.. take out PM and let Young and Mathis run em out of the gym.

BTW.. PM was out there for at least half of that point spurt.. he didn't slow down Young on a no-passes 3 point attempt.. and was actually going into the corner when the shot went up. PM wants to see the half-court and then pass.. that takes time.. he isn't always looking to take it to the hoop like Mathis and Young.

Rutgers 47 FDU 33 halftime

RU shooting 60%

FDU shooting 35%

FDU only 1 made fg in last 6 minutes

RU outscored FDU 28-7 in last 8:45

RU no turnovers last 9 minutes

RU 12 assists

RU 7 steals

RU 5-11 at line

Young 8-12, 17 points, 6 assists, 3 turnovers

Harper 6-9, 4-7 from 3, 17 points

RU's play in the last 8:45 was extremely impressive given no Baker and virtually nothing from any inside player on offense.

FDU guy with 3 fouls obviously contributed to this BUT he will not make a difference, RU in full control now. For the 2nd half, RU needs to protect the ball, avoid sloppy play and try to get the inside game going. Maintain intensity level and come out inury free with a W

Reactions: BillyC80
That can be both good and bad... but, yeah, I prefer the press and run game.

I think what we saw was FDU committed very early to get back get back fast.. but they got tired.. and even with Geo and McConnel out.. we're still deep. So vs a tired FDU near teh end of the half.. take out PM and let young annd mathis run em put of the gym.

Paul brings a skill set that’s nice to have but there are some opponents, some parts of the game, and some lineup combinations it’s better suited for than others.

ADVERTISEMENT