ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling LIVE - Rutgers vs Rider Updates

This fact might be pretty telling in whether we should continue to schedule Rider
I'm all for it, as long as they wrestle at the RAC and we wrestle neutral site at Cure Center in Trenton for their "home" matches moving forward. We are in the B1G and shouldn't be wrestling in their HS gym anymore.

Reactions: elvis7
I'm all for it, as long as they wrestle at the RAC and we wrestle neutral site at Cure Center in Trenton for their "home" matches moving forward. We are in the B1G and shouldn't be wrestling in their HS gym anymore.

The RAC is a great wrestling venue. Attendance for matches at the RAC is exceptional.
Many Rutgers Wrestling fans enjoy watching Rutgers issue beatdowns to weaker opponents at the RAC.
But, Rutgers Wrestling has very little to gain from traveling to wrestle Fresno St, CSU Bakersfield or Rider.
D1 Wrestling fans and recruits from most states outside of California and New Jersey don't have much
interest in matches between Rutgers and those 3 programs.

The goal of Rutgers Wrestling going forward is to compete at a national level.
After group events like the Southern Scuffle & B1G Conference matches there are only so many dates
available for other duals. Those duals need to be scheduled wisely, having goals associated with every
scheduled match.

Regional matches with Cornell, Lehigh & Princeton and national matches with other national powers have a
national impact on D1 Wrestling. D1 Wrestling fans and recruits from across the nation have interest in those types of matches. A Rutgers win over those types of programs is a noteworthy accomplishment.
Rutgers is a national D1 Wrestling power now !

Wrestling down has it's place, especially during a down season like this one, but, it can't become a habit.
Meaningful wins are so much more rewarding.

The RAC is a great wrestling venue. Attendance for matches at the RAC is exceptional.
Many Rutgers Wrestling fans enjoy watching Rutgers issue beatdowns to weaker opponents at the RAC.
But, Rutgers Wrestling has very little to gain from traveling to wrestle Fresno St, CSU Bakersfield or Rider.
D1 Wrestling fans and recruits from most states outside of California and New Jersey don't have much
interest in matches between Rutgers and those 3 programs.

The goal of Rutgers Wrestling going forward is to compete at a national level.
After group events like the Southern Scuffle & B1G Conference matches there are only so many dates
available for other duals. Those duals need to be scheduled wisely, having goals associated with every
scheduled match.

Regional matches with Cornell, Lehigh & Princeton and national matches with other national powers have a
national impact on D1 Wrestling. D1 Wrestling fans and recruits from across the nation have interest in those types of matches. A Rutgers win over those types of programs is a noteworthy accomplishment.
Rutgers is a national D1 Wrestling power now !

Wrestling down has it's place, especially during a down season like this one, but, it can't become a habit.
Meaningful wins are so much more rewarding.
I get the dual record isn't a high priority. At the same time though, I believe the staff values an above .500 dual record. Hence, Fresno, CSB, Rider....etc, IMO

I get the dual record isn't a high priority. At the same time though, I believe the staff values an above .500 dual record. Hence, Fresno, CSB, Rider....etc, IMO

Then, make Rider come to the RAC if they want to prove themselves against the best in New Jersey.
Why stuff Rider's coffers with gate receipts from Rutgers Wrestling fans to better equip Rider to do Rutgers harm ?
It's not like Rutgers gets much from winning a match at Rider.

If Rider wants to wrestle at the RAC then their 500 or so fans can travel north & add to Rutgers gate receipts.
If Rider will only accept a Home and Home agreement then pass. Rutgers Wrestling doesn't need Rider.

There are many good D1 Wrestling programs that want to come to the RAC to wrestle Rutgers.
Home and Home agreements need to be reserved for only the most deserving programs., because, unless Rutgers
agrees to travel to their place those programs won't reciprocate by coming to the RAC.

Last edited:
I legitimately don’t understand how any Rutgers fan could have watched that match and not want to watch it again

Reactions: MS-RU
I legitimately don’t understand how any Rutgers fan could have watched that match and not want to watch it again
My guess is the guys complaining weren’t there ....the intensity of everyone involved...wrestlers , coaches and the fans was surely the most vocal of all our matches this year ...

My guess is the guys complaining weren’t there ....the intensity of everyone involved...wrestlers , coaches and the fans was surely the most vocal of all our matches this year ...

Personally, I'm not impressed by extracurricular activities & extra noise that are generated from hatred & jealousy.
Those types of things can actually diminish the intensity of a wrestling match in my opinion.
There was a unique situation at 141, which is unlikely to occur again.
There were a lot of close individual contests for one match, which are unlikely to occur again.
But, the match itself wasn't intense, because, it wasn't close. The Final score was
Rutgers 25 Rider 6

Rutgers has been involved in several matches that were much closer this season.
I guess there are different types of matches for different folks.
Some of us would rather see Rutgers wrestling against better wrestlers in better environments
that will help our wrestlers get better at wrestling not yelling.

Reactions: rondi and elvis7
Personally, I'm not impressed by extracurricular activities & extra noise that are generated from hatred & jealousy.
Those types of things can actually diminish the intensity of a wrestling match in my opinion.
There was a unique situation at 141, which is unlikely to occur again.
There were a lot of close individual contests for one match, which are unlikely to occur again.
But, the match itself wasn't intense, because, it wasn't close. The Final score was
Rutgers 25 Rider 6

Rutgers has been involved in several matches that were much closer this season.
I guess there are different types of matches for different folks.
Some of us would rather see Rutgers wrestling against better wrestlers in better environments
that will help our wrestlers get better at wrestling not yelling.
Hatred and jealousy ....what planet were you on that night ...assuming you were even there lol.....it’s a big stretch from intensity to hatred and jealousy...there were four or five awesome matches that night ...not sure where you’re getting hate and jealousy from.

Hatred and jealousy ....what planet were you on that night ...assuming you were even there lol.....it’s a big stretch from intensity to hatred and jealousy...there were four or five awesome matches that night ...not sure where you’re getting hate and jealousy from.
Harley no use trying to convince these people. Somehow they forget that there were 3 overtime matches, 3 other matches decided by 2 points (2 we won). Aguilar battled back and broke Tropea in the 3rd. It was a great atmosphere to watch a match. I would happily go every other year to their gym.

There were literally 10 awesome matches at least from the Rutgers standpoint

Coach Leo always gets up for the Rider match, lol. I think he's 'chatting' with Rider assistant Nic Bedelyon here, lol.

48375678_10216834096820816_2899281943331864576_o.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT